[Friendly] Roma vs. Juventus - August 11 (70 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-VMIO2eQ50

I watched most of the second half from StreamerOne but missed some key goals due to yardwork. Here's some nice highlights. What a beautiful match! This was the springboard I was waiting for to launch us into the season opener in a couple weeks with a positive energy and determination.

Nocerino wasn't even on my radar until today. Now he's a player I'll be following closely. Almiron was a great signing. :agree:
nocerino is our pivitol player that balances our midfield, same goes for cristiano zanetti, but nocerino has that extra flair, reminds me of a gatusso jr

Deleted member 2609

By the way, what did you season your pants with re you having to eat them due to Laquinta bagging his first goal!!! lol

Deleted member 2609

A great win tonight howeverI'm hoping Zebina is out for a while as Sali demonstrated he is more then capable there as RB, all we need is 2 more defenders & we are all set. Molinaro will get better but Chiellini will have that left side i'm sure.

We beat a pretty strong Roma outfit but i'm not going to get too carried away but with Camo on his way back shortly we will have even more intensity we can administer to teams.

Forza Nocerino

PS: I wish Marchisio never was loaned, he can do a job now!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
A great win tonight howeverI'm hoping Zebina is out for a while as Sali demonstrated he is more then capable there as RB, all we need is 2 more defenders & we are all set. Molinaro will get better but Chiellini will have that left side i'm sure.

We beat a pretty strong Roma outfit but i'm not going to get too carried away but with Camo on his way back shortly we will have even more intensity we can administer to teams.

Forza Nocerino

PS: I wish Marchisio never was loaned, he can do a job now!
so i see u still havnt bought my idea on andrade criscito partnership? they can definatly work, they need time to gel, so to buy a new defender would be pointless as they would still need to gel, only that criscito is proving himself as predicted.

as for marchisio, im having enough of a headache as it is trying to figure where to play tiago along with the likes of nocerino,almiron,camo,nedved etc.. and marchisio however much i admire him wouldn't really solve anything right now, but instead create more problems.

Jun 13, 2007
I was just watching the higlights of the game and this is what I made of it :

Nocerino , i knew he was a destroyer , a gattuso in midfield , but skills too . This guy if finally starting to show his true self . Im impressed by this guy .

Almiron , other than being the reason behind roma's first goal , He has really good ball control and an eye for passing . He continues to impress .

Trezeguet still has that magic touch infront of goal .

Nedved is as smooth as they get , nice passes . He has a hot temper though , i wouldn't be surprised if he kicks mexes' ass next time .

Del piero scores a nice header , and assists a perfect pass to Iaquinta .

Iaquinta finally scores , at least he's enthusiastic . I can tell this guy is hungry for goals , very hungry , and that's a good thing . He lacks the skill to play in juve without a doubt , but all this craving for goals might come in use.

Zalayeta scored a fucking nice goal ! not bad for warming up the juve bench for quite a long time .

Deleted member 2609

Ranieri having problems is a good thing as it shows our team has strength in depth, I have to say the partnership of Andrade & Cristico looks fruitful but should one of them get injured, we need a reliable/capable replacement, about Marchisio however, i'm thinking he's been sent on loan to obviously get more playing time & experience. (season loan afterall along with Gio)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Ranieri having problems is a good thing as it shows our team has strength in depth, I have to say the partnership of Andrade & Cristico looks fruitful but should one of them get injured, we need a reliable/capable replacement, about Marchisio however, i'm thinking he's been sent on loan to obviously get more playing time & experience. (season loan afterall along with Gio)
well my proposal was that i made some weeks ago was that criscito would partner andrade, should one become injured, chiellini would take place and molinaro would cover the left back position, the only problem would be is if criscito and molinaro got injured and had to either play chiellini cb with biri on the left, or boumsong/nicky snapped ur leg cb with chiellini LB but i hope we never have to confront that problem.

i know ive given criscito alot of praise and hype at the start and many here doubted, but i actually think this kid could be better than canna at his best, possibly a ferrara in the making

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I was just watching the higlights of the game and this is what I made of it :

Nocerino , i knew he was a destroyer , a gattuso in midfield , but skills too . This guy if finally starting to show his true self . Im impressed by this guy .

Almiron , other than being the reason behind roma's first goal , He has really good ball control and an eye for passing . He continues to impress .

Trezeguet still has that magic touch infront of goal .

Nedved is as smooth as they get , nice passes . He has a hot temper though , i wouldn't be surprised if he kicks mexes' ass next time .

Del piero scores a nice header , and assists a perfect pass to Iaquinta .

Iaquinta finally scores , at least he's enthusiastic . I can tell this guy is hungry for goals , very hungry , and that's a good thing . He lacks the skill to play in juve without a doubt , but all this craving for goals might come in use.

Zalayeta scored a fucking nice goal ! not bad for warming up the juve bench for quite a long time .
im begining to really consider treating myself to a zalagol/zalayeta but its just every season i get this bad feeling he will be sold but he never does :D

Jun 13, 2007
im begining to really consider treating myself to a zalagol/zalayeta but its just every season i get this bad feeling he will be sold but he never does :D
It's like this guy just completely shuts down the entire season , isn't good enough , doesn't even play most of the season , but there is always one game every season where he saves juve's ass . Real Madrid , Barcelona , Times in serie A and serie B....

I like to call him our "clutch" player .

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It's like this guy just completely shuts down the entire season , isn't good enough , doesn't even play most of the season , but there is always one game every season where he saves juve's ass . Real Madrid , Barcelona , Times in serie A and serie B....

I like to call him our "clutch" player .
he scored the winner against inter in last yrs birra moretti cup :D and that audacious solo effort against frosinone, where he picked it up in his own half, went on a slalom run and chiped it over the gk and ofcourse his winner against arsenal some years back on the 74th min in the cl match where we played our reserves and carini ofcourse saved henry's peno :) thus eliminating arsenal at the group stages

Jun 13, 2007
he scored the winner against inter in last yrs birra moretti cup :D and that audacious solo effort against frosinone, where he picked it up in his own half, went on a slalom run and chiped it over the gk and ofcourse his winner against arsenal some years back on the 74th min in the cl match where we played our reserves and carini ofcourse saved henry's peno :) thus eliminating arsenal at the group stages
I remember all these games , Really this guy just seems to come out of nowhere and steals the light , if only this guy was consistent . Still , he's a great sub , and that's why he's been with juve all these years . He doesn't moan or nag he just patiently waits his turn . A player of a rare calliber .

i don't think he'll have the chance of playing first team football , but he'll get his time to shine .

memo_juve

Jun 20, 2007
i remember long time ago when we beated "bolonga" at the beggining of the season with such high score , our managers said: "we dont need to bring new players coz our team just won with a high score"

i guess this will be said again :)

from what i see ..
is that there is no more room for a new player ..

i like this crsicito .. he can be something ..
but am not sure about Andrade .. he is too slow .. if u didnt notice that guys ..

but for sure, Andrade is our main defender right now .. he is great, am just worry about his pace ..

Nocerino .. "Gattuso + De Rossi" said by Ranieri

Jun 13, 2007
i remember long time ago when we beated "bolonga" at the beggining of the season with such high score , our managers said: "we dont need to bring new players coz our team just won with a high score"

i guess this will be said again :)

from what i see ..
is that there is no more room for a new player ..

i like this crsicito .. he can be something ..
but am not sure about Andrade .. he is too slow .. if u didnt notice that guys ..

but for sure, Andrade is our main defender right now .. he is great, am just worry about his pace ..

Nocerino .. "Gattuso + De Rossi" said by Ranieri
Criscito looks like he's going to start for us this season . Andade is a solid CB , It's just his style play , he's like a rock , he doesn't move much but is very solid and makes very little or no mistakes .

I wish ranieri gives Nocerino a chance , I really see a future for this guy at Juventus , I agree , his style is simmilar to Gatusso yet also simmilar to De Rossi at the same time , needs to work on his shooting though .

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
My player ratings

Buffon 6
Birindelli 5,5
Andrade 6,5
Criscito 7,5
Molinaro 6
Salihamidzic 7
Almiron 7
Nocerino 7,5
Nedved 7,5
Trezegeut 7
Iaquinta 6,5

Zanetti 7
Del Piero 6,5
Zalayeta 6,5

Amazing turnaround, after being 0-2 and looking weak, we became stronger as the match wore. Birindelli's injury was the turning point, with Zanetti going into midfield and Salihamidzic at right back.

Nocerino was moved to a wide right position but in truth he was everywhere, he showed his inexperience at times but was for me, our most impressive player and must be a starter.

Let's keep our feet on the ground, this team still has one or two issues to solve before the season starts in a few weeks.
I completely agree....

I thought that after Roma took a 2-0 lead through some weak defending, we would cave in...instead we showed some fucking heart !!

The good-

Nocerino was M.O.M. for me...he showed he has the determination and hunger worthy of Juventus

Zanetti and/or Nocerino should always be on the field, they really give this team the extra "bite" that it needs

Brazzo showed me that he is a better RB than Biri...and Zebina, for that matter. Play him as a RB instaed of as a RM

Neddy showed once again that he is the heart and soul of this team, and when he went after Mexes after he cheap-shotted DP, I was more than happy !!

Molinaro redeemed himself a bit with this performance

Trez showed why he is one of the most deadly strikers inside the box

DP had a nice goal, and played fairly well...Zala even contributed !!

Almiron is improving, and looked more comfortable today than in previous games

The bad-

the defense MUST improve !! The 2 goals we conceeded were completely avoidable...I dont give Roma much credit for the goals, they werent anything that couldnt have been prevented. As the game wore on, I liked what I saw out of Criscito, but Andrade hasnt showed me anything yet

The ugly-

I dont believe how much money we forked over for Iaquinta...I dont think we'll ever get our money's worth out of him. He was GIFTED a goal by DP, and sucked the rest of the time.

I dont believe Tiago is the real deal either.. so far, Almiron looks the better player. Could be another waste of money by our inexperienced board....

Roma got dirtier as the game wore on....bunch of sore losers !!

Roma M.O.M.- the drunken fan who found his way onto the field and proceeded to hug and kiss (did I see a tongue in there as well ??) his hero, Totti :pint: :p

Mar 28, 2007
Ranieri's five-star Juve show Sunday 12 August, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claudio Ranieri was clearly satisfied with Juventus’ comeback to crush Roma 5-2 in last night’s exciting friendly.

“I am impressed with the performance and the character of the squad after going 2-0 down to fight back for such a great win,” said the Bianconeri boss.

“We know these are summer games that count to a certain degree. I am not euphoric after this result, just as I was not depressed after we lost in England.”

The opening 25 minutes did not bode well for Juve, as Roma were in total control and a series of defensive errors risked conceding even more.

However, it was a forced change that made the difference, as Alessandro Birindelli went off with a knee injury.

Ranieri moved Hasan Salihamidzic to right-back and sent Antonio Nocerino out to the right flank with Cristiano Zanetti partnering Sergio Almiron in central midfield.

This proved to be a crucial development and from then on the team was more balanced and creative, with Nocerino possibly Man of the Match.

“That is football,” smiled Ranieri when asked about this tactical switch. “You have to make do with what you have and sometimes that can show you new solutions.”

With his current form and the poor performances of new signing Tiago Mendes so far this summer, it is increasingly likely the Under-21 international will take his spot.

Spalletti gets Giallorossi scare Sunday 12 August, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luciano Spalletti concedes Roma have some “defects” that were all too evident in their 5-2 defeat to Juventus.

Before the game, Spalletti had called this test “decisive,” but he was eager to change his tune after that friendly thumping from the Bianconeri in Cesena.

“A few little defects from our past came up again. Perhaps they are part of our characteristics and maybe even on the flip side a strength,” said the tactician.

“We have to work on them, but if we ignore the final half-hour, then the team played pretty well. We were missing quite a few players in midfield and Juventus did well to take advantage of that.”

The Giallorossi were without Daniele De Rossi, Simone Perrotta, Amantino Mancini and David Pizarro for this match.

Nonetheless, they dominated the opening 25 minutes, taking a 2-0 lead through Mirko Vucinic and Philippe Mexes.

“The squad is a little larger this season, so four or five players out in one go can be a problem, but we have faith in the way we work and trust in whoever will take to the field.”

There must be concerns just a week before the Italian Super Cup clash with Inter, especially knowing that last year they were leading 3-0 only to lose 4-3 in extra time.

“We know that we need to complete the squad and up until now have worked well on the transfer market. We must not let the last half-hour cloud our judgement on this side. There is work to do, but we know that,” added Spalletti.

“We are at our best when the ball is played to feet and moved around quickly. If the match ends up as a physical battle with lots of loose balls flying around, then we end up having difficulties.”

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I concur with Vinman for the most part, but I stand here and state Tiago will prove his worth with Juventus sooner or later. I've followed him for many years, and while he is no Gerrard, he can still be a damn good player for us. Perhaps even more than what he was for Chelsea... which was damn good but they wanted Essien.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)