Friendly: Republic of Ireland v Czech Republic (1 Viewer)

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    Those bastards at Shell not only told me they didn't have a job for me, but not to reapply for another twelve months, so I'm a little sore at you lot right now. :fero: ;)

Masters of self-destruct is right, but who else is there? England are arrogent, and will go mental when they 'underperform' as usual. France... if ego could win trophies, France would be unbeatable. Italy are a bit too negative to be a second team, though I'll watch their games with interest. And Spain are even more self-destructive than the Dutch!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    Those bastards at Shell not only told me they didn't have a job for me, but not to reapply for another twelve months, so I'm a little sore at you lot right now. :fero: ;)
    Join the club. Shell have a reputation for putting people down. :(

Masters of self-destruct is right, but who else is there? England are arrogent, and will go mental when they 'underperform' as usual. France... if ego could win trophies, France would be unbeatable. Italy are a bit too negative to be a second team, though I'll watch their games with interest. And Spain are even more self-destructive than the Dutch!
    France are still too powerful for us to challenge them imo. Then there's Portugal with the home advantage (and they beat us in the WC qualification) and the Czechs (whom we can't take, evidence being the Euro2004 qualifcation round).

Sweden is a dark horse for the title too I reckon!

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    France are still too powerful for us to challenge them imo.
    Not out of the question though. holland can beat them on the day, and that's all that counts.

Then there's Portugal with the home advantage (and they beat us in the WC qualification)
    Bah! They're chokers in their own right. Ultimately their defense, starting with the midfield cover, isn't up to it. They can go far, but they'll not win it.

and the Czechs (whom we can't take, evidence being the Euro2004 qualifcation round).
    True, but they seem to lack a bit that would take them to a title. I don't know what - maybe their strikers are a bit to workmanlike, maybe they rely too heavily on Nedved for creativity, but I think the right team can take them down, every time. I guess it's just a monkey on the collective Dutch back, and I think that if you beat them, you'll really hammer them.

Sweden is a dark horse for the title too I reckon!
    Could be. A decent side. Like the Czechs, I think they're outsiders though.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Not out of the question though. holland can beat them on the day, and that's all that counts.
    Perhaps but I'm not sure I would put money on them. Unless, like at Euro2000, I'm still high on the previous result. I don't think I need to be any more specific :D

Bah! They're chokers in their own right. Ultimately their defense, starting with the midfield cover, isn't up to it. They can go far, but they'll not win it.
    Really? You reckon? I still think they could beat us 'on the day' ;)

True, but they seem to lack a bit that would take them to a title. I don't know what - maybe their strikers are a bit to workmanlike, maybe they rely too heavily on Nedved for creativity, but I think the right team can take them down, every time. I guess it's just a monkey on the collective Dutch back, and I think that if you beat them, you'll really hammer them.
    That would be the ultimate revenge!

Could be. A decent side. Like the Czechs, I think they're outsiders though.
    True

BTW, we forgot the Germans :scared:

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #26
    Perhaps but I'm not sure I would put money on them. Unless, like at Euro2000, I'm still high on the previous result. I don't think I need to be any more specific :D
    :D Speaking of which, how good are the Serbians?

Really? You reckon? I still think they could beat us 'on the day' ;)
    Could beat Holland alright, or France, or Italy or whoever, but not all of them. I'd be very surprised to see them win it.

That would be the ultimate revenge!
    :D Too true.

BTW, we forgot the Germans :scared:
    Far too easy to do that, isn't it?! They're always dark horses, but they're unlikely to reproduce the form that got them to the last final - if for no other reason than that it was so good. You can only play above yourself so often.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    :D Speaking of which, how good are the Serbians?
    They didn't qualify, that says something I take it? :undecide:

Could beat Holland alright, or France, or Italy or whoever, but not all of them. I'd be very surprised to see them win it.
    True.

Far too easy to do that, isn't it?! They're always dark horses, but they're unlikely to reproduce the form that got them to the last final - if for no other reason than that it was so good. You can only play above yourself so often.
    Easy AND desirable. But yes, you're probably right. And seeing as their first match is against us, they ain't gonna make no good start either :devil::D

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #28
    Easy AND desirable. But yes, you're probably right. And seeing as their first match is against us, they ain't gonna make no good start either :devil::D
    :nasty:

Ballach post match -> :eyepatch:
    (Yay, found a use for that damned smilie, other than for Vicky!)

It's vital to win that one. The less pressure on the Dutch, the better. :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Well if we don't win that won we might as well go home. I mean, we Dutch don't take much seriously and coaches always have severe trouble getting players motivated. With the Germans though, all he has to do is remind them who exactly we are playing and foam appears around their mouths :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Bah, goals scored in the lst 5 minutes of a match shouldn't count :fero:

= Venezuela 2 - 0 South Africa? :D
    Not much of a mathematician, are you? :D

if a>c and a=b, then b>c, not by more though :)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    Bah, goals scored in the lst 5 minutes of a match shouldn't count :fero:
    Its still a part of the game, sometimes good sometimes bad

Maybe Australia should check their defence then!!

Sep 28, 2002
    israel 2-1 lithuania.

yet again no goals from lithuanian. god i hate being lithuania. oh well, at least our president will be removed due to impeachment in about a week. :cheesy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)