[Friendly] MLS Allstars 1-1* JUVENTUS [August 1st, 2018] (2 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Dude. I was a big fan of him :D
But I too had to realize the fact that he wasn’t what we all thought he would be. People here still bringing him up clearly forgot about history. Marotta brought him back, but he still failed.
So was I when I first saw him play.

I figured he'd pack on some muscle and become a little dynamo. He's only 2cm shorter than Maradona. 5cm shorter than Alexis Sanchez. Amongst others. But he never packed on any muscle. And because of this was far too slight of frame to ever deal with the modern game at the top level.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
So was I when I first saw him play.

I figured he'd pack on some muscle and become a little dynamo. He's only 2cm shorter than Maradona. 5cm shorter than Alexis Sanchez. Amongst others. But he never packed on any muscle. And because of this was far too slight of frame to ever deal with the modern game at the top level.
He ruined himself by obsessing about being a striker instead of a winger that looks for a pass

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He ruined himself by obsessing about being a striker instead of a winger that looks for a pass
I don't think he was quick enough to be a winger at the very top level. Slow top speed, and never really had that quick acceleration. If he had developed a better musculature in his legs he could probably have improved both those things.

I think the only position that could have worked for him, anywhere near a top level team would have been CAM, using his agility and ball skills to operate in the space behind the strikers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)