Friendly: Juventus vs China Olympic Team(22/July/2007) (1 Viewer)

OP
TERENCEE
Mar 28, 2007
  • Thread Starter #302
    Tuttosport
    Already better than Inter - Juve beat Chinese Olympic side 4-0, Inter only got threeGilardino: Europe and the world, I'll score a deluge of goals
    Torino - turning point for Padoin and Mantovani

juve is always better than inter. :D

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Alex demands improvement Monday 23 July, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite scoring in Juventus’ 4-0 thrashing of the Chinese Olympic side on Sunday, captain Alessandro Del Piero claims there is work to be done.

“Today’s game was a step in the right direction and I’m happy with how things are going so far, but I still need to improve,” the 32-year-old told gathered reporters after the game.

The talismanic Bianconero has been blighted by injury problems this summer, but he shrugged off any niggles to play a key role in the Old Lady’s comfortable victory over weak opposition.

“It was a good way to finish the camp in Pinzolo,” Alex continued. “Inter scored three against this side, so I’m hoping that when we play the Nerazzurri it will be 4-3!”

Meanwhile, out-of-favour midfielder Giuliano Giannichedda is reportedly close to sealing a move to Livorno.

The ex-Lazio man controversially stormed out of pre-season training after he wasn’t selected for Sunday’s match and is believed to have already agreed personal terms with the Labronici.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

I was on vacation for about 7 days so I barely had the time to enjoy myself "elayyan free" on juventuz.com, while you were on your vacation. You should do it again, only this time make it those 10 years.

Deal?

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    I was on vacation for about 7 days so I barely had the time to enjoy myself "elayyan free" on juventuz.com, while you were on your vacation. You should do it again, only this time make it those 10 years.

Deal?
    i am speechless from your stupidity :p
    i thought after 2 months off this forum i will see that you changed but it seems idiots dont.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    he came back in time for Barca vs Hearts.

I watched the whole match, first half the chinese where using their speed to get the advantage on us, but then in the second half as they began to tire and thus couldn't expose our defence, we took full control of the game and scored 3 goals, and could/should have been more. Palladino and Marchionni managed to miss an incredibly easy chance, but in the end did not matter.

Andrade seems comfortable on the ball and doesn't rush into booting the ball up field, he plays calmly and uses his head. I think he will prove to be a good buy.

Almiron played quite well for the second match in a row, even though it is agaisnt lesser opponents, we will see his true value once we play against the harder teams like Newcastle and Hamburg.

Tiago still isn't totally comfortable, had a nice shot, but is still a bit lost, some bad passes here and there, Almiron has done better so far, but this is Tiago's first year in Italy while Almiron has been playing for a few years with Empoli.

Brazzo is a hard worker. If he had speed he would be one great player. Now he only has skill and technique, which is still good. Brazzo is going to extra lessons during his free time to learn Italian, and is speaking quite well in it.

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
    Brazzo is a hard worker. If he had speed he would be one great player. Now he only has skill and technique, which is still good. Brazzo is going to extra lessons during his free time to learn Italian, and is speaking quite well in it.
    He was injured very badly and lost his speed due to this injury. I hope he gets some of it back.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Playing well or badly for any team in serieA right now is completely irrelevant. The main thing is fitness and working on cohesion after 3 or 4 games possibly more then you can start to question style of play.

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
    i have a crazy suggestion....buy a a chinese youngster from this olympic team in order to open the huge chinese market!! just like what Man U did, they have 2 asian players, i think this is one of the main reason that they are the most popular club in Asia.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
    i have a crazy suggestion....buy a a chinese youngster from this olympic team in order to open the huge chinese market!! just like what Man U did, they have 2 asian players, i think this is one of the main reason that they are the most popular club in Asia.
    that is not so crazy, Man U is doing that as well with Park(Korrea) and Dong (China) but I think Juve can only buy limited players from outside EU.
    However football is growing fast in Asia and we shouldn't miss out on it. Same goes for US where a lot of teens play 'soccer'. There should be talents in those countries we can track and open lucrative markets overseas.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    tbh, its sad to see juve fans holding out the banner stating "no olympic 2008 in china" as a chinese myself.. really sad to see this..
    Pro-Tibet actions disrupt China-Juventus soccer match in Italy

Demonstrations by Tibetans and Italian Tibet supporters interrupted a friendly soccer match going on between China’s national team and renowned Italian club Juventus, halting the match at different intervals.

The Pro-Tibet demonstrations from different corners of the stadium disrupted the spirit of the game making the Chinese players uneasy to continue with the match.

The Chinese national Olympic soccer team has been on tour around the world as part of its preparation for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. The team is currently in Italy to play friendly matches with country’s three leading soccer clubs.

The protest initiative led by the Italian community of Tibet and Tibetan Association; 12 Tibetans joined by four Italian individual Tibet supporters reached the stadium Quercia of Rovereto in the northern Italy to protest the Chinese national team player.

At five minutes of the second half of the match, a group of Tibetans started their protest actions at different points of the stadium with slogans and unfurling a large banner that read "NO 2008 Olympics in China, Free Tibet".

Distracted by the disturbances, the Chinese players stopped to play the game and refused to resume unless the banner was removed from the site. Despite strong resistance from the demonstrators, the security personnel finally accompanied two Tibetans with the banner out of the stadium. The game resumed after three minutes.

However, their protest demonstration was not yet over. To everyone’s shock, at 17 minutes to the second half, an Italian woman wearing a Free Tibet campaign shirt climbed over the fence and ran into the field among the players waving Tibetan National Flag.

As the attention of police was distracted to one corner of the stadium by Tibetan protesters, the women managed to take few rounds before she was finally stopped by the police and taken off the filed. The disruption stopped the game for another few minutes for the second time.

Asked about the objective of the whole incident, the Tibetan community president Mr. Thupten Tenzin said, "This protest has different objectives; the action in support of the ongoing indefinite hunger strike in Delhi led by Tibetan Youth Congress, it is a message to millions of Chinese spectators and Chinese regime that our protest will go on continuously, it is also a message of solidarity to Tibetans in Tibet and, finally, it is a message of protest to the world that 2008 Olympic games in China is a big injustice to millions of people who suffer under the Chinese aggression and also a betrayal to the Olympics principles.”

The event was broadcasted live on cable TV around the world; about 170,000000 millions of Chinese in China watched the match on CCTV5, Beijing TV and Shanghai TV. In Italy the national TV and the Maggior national newspaper including the national sports journal gave the news widely.

Similar demonstrations also disturbed the Chinese team’s matches last month in Salt Lake City and Boulder (Colorado) when the Chinese team was on tour in USA.

Phayul

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
    Pro-Tibet actions disrupt China-Juventus soccer match in Italy

Demonstrations by Tibetans and Italian Tibet supporters interrupted a friendly soccer match going on between China’s national team and renowned Italian club Juventus, halting the match at different intervals.

The Pro-Tibet demonstrations from different corners of the stadium disrupted the spirit of the game making the Chinese players uneasy to continue with the match.

The Chinese national Olympic soccer team has been on tour around the world as part of its preparation for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. The team is currently in Italy to play friendly matches with country’s three leading soccer clubs.

The protest initiative led by the Italian community of Tibet and Tibetan Association; 12 Tibetans joined by four Italian individual Tibet supporters reached the stadium Quercia of Rovereto in the northern Italy to protest the Chinese national team player.

At five minutes of the second half of the match, a group of Tibetans started their protest actions at different points of the stadium with slogans and unfurling a large banner that read "NO 2008 Olympics in China, Free Tibet".

Distracted by the disturbances, the Chinese players stopped to play the game and refused to resume unless the banner was removed from the site. Despite strong resistance from the demonstrators, the security personnel finally accompanied two Tibetans with the banner out of the stadium. The game resumed after three minutes.

However, their protest demonstration was not yet over. To everyone’s shock, at 17 minutes to the second half, an Italian woman wearing a Free Tibet campaign shirt climbed over the fence and ran into the field among the players waving Tibetan National Flag.

As the attention of police was distracted to one corner of the stadium by Tibetan protesters, the women managed to take few rounds before she was finally stopped by the police and taken off the filed. The disruption stopped the game for another few minutes for the second time.

Asked about the objective of the whole incident, the Tibetan community president Mr. Thupten Tenzin said, "This protest has different objectives; the action in support of the ongoing indefinite hunger strike in Delhi led by Tibetan Youth Congress, it is a message to millions of Chinese spectators and Chinese regime that our protest will go on continuously, it is also a message of solidarity to Tibetans in Tibet and, finally, it is a message of protest to the world that 2008 Olympic games in China is a big injustice to millions of people who suffer under the Chinese aggression and also a betrayal to the Olympics principles.”

The event was broadcasted live on cable TV around the world; about 170,000000 millions of Chinese in China watched the match on CCTV5, Beijing TV and Shanghai TV. In Italy the national TV and the Maggior national newspaper including the national sports journal gave the news widely.

Similar demonstrations also disturbed the Chinese team’s matches last month in Salt Lake City and Boulder (Colorado) when the Chinese team was on tour in USA.

Phayul

a bunch of morons:disagree:

people should feel shame by doing such actions which intent to reach certain political aims through sports events

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)