[Friendly] JUVENTUS A 1-0 JUVENTUS B (August 19th, 2015) (1 Viewer)

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Whatever. Move on, cool kid. I hope one Jedi has 3x4=12 light sabers in VII so you can fap to the slice-the-air acrobatics
Wot :lol:. Hating prequels is the cool way since 1999 and you call me the cool one for defending one of their strongest parts :lol:. Oh man. Ultimate hipster move :tup:.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Wot :lol:. Hating prequels is the cool way since 1999 and you call me the cool one for defending one of their strongest parts :lol:. Oh man. Ultimate hipster move :tup:.
I dont care about SW enough to be on somebody's side, or be militant about it. It's just another movie for me. Unfortunately, I'm up against one aggressive fanboy who is dismissing different opinions without discussion.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I dont care about SW enough to be on somebody's side, or be militant about it. It's just another movie for me. Unfortunately, I'm up against one aggressive fanboy who is dismissing different opinions without discussion.
Look man. You compared Obi Wan vs Vader which was 2 guys waving their stick left and right 4 times (because the material they used back then was so fragile that any decent hit would break it) to fully arranged martial arts sword fights.

It's like saying that 2 fat, drunk guys fighting on the street are better than MMA Heavyweight Title fight.

Opinions are opinions, and Internet is full of them but some are just too hard to ignore.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you guys end up talking about SW in this thread?
blame @piotrr

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Look man. You compared Obi Wan vs Vader which was 2 guys waving their stick left and right 4 times (because the material they used back then was so fragile that any decent hit would break it) to fully arranged martial arts sword fights.

It's like saying that 2 fat, drunk guys fighting on the street are better than MMA Heavyweight Title fight.

Opinions are opinions, and Internet is full of them but some are just too hard to ignore.
If you pause those PT fights or watch them in slowmo you'll notice that they never aim for the actual opponent. They always aim either too high or too low and the opponent still parries (because light sabers need to clash)
So one guy is slicing thin air and the other guy instead of just ignoring the strike and stabbing his belly, parries that strike 1m away from him but nobody notices it because there are 50 strikes per minute. And again and again. They didnt bother hiring any historical martial arts consultants

Other than that PT fights lack any kind of emotion or cinematic drive. Obi Wan's best friend and sensei got stabbed in front of his eyes and he enters the pitch like a ballet dancer.

Ah and the inflation of lightsabers. When there was a lightsaber in OT you know shit was gonna get awesome right now. And you knew those were very special, limited to very few masters. Meanwhile in EpII...

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
If you pause those PT fights or watch them in slowmo you'll notice that they never aim for the actual opponent. They always aim either too high or too low and the opponent still parries (because light sabers need to clash)
So one guy is slicing thin air and the other guy instead of just ignoring the strike and stabbing his belly, parries that strike 1m away from him but nobody notices because there are 50 strikes per minute. And again and again. They didnt bother hiring any historical martial arts consulants

Other than that PT fights lack any kind of emotion or cinematic drive. His best friend got stabbed in front of his eyes and he enters the pitch like a ballet dancer.
They bothered to hire Ray Park to play Darth Maul. Their stunt coordinator created a whole new style based on the fictional weapons they were using (he created it by fusing shitloads of different real styles). It's not a samurai movie. It's fictional magical characters using fictional weapons. It's like complaining about the fighting style invented for Equilibrium. Yeah it's not useful, but it was made to look good in the movie and it worked.

Of course watching a movie by pausing every half second will result in a lot of ridiculous stuff. You analyze every second of this fight to prove that it's worse than Obi Wan vs Vader. How about you actually analyze that one? There's almost no fighting involved there, because they had no technical means to do it. So of course the fight is mostly them swinging left or right and then talking. It's hard to even call it a fight.

As for the lack of emotion or cinematic drive. The guy was trained to not act emotional at all (in the sw universe). The fact that he seemed to be enraged was used as a major complaint against this movie before, but I've never seen someone say it's actually bad that he didn't fully rush head on and instead used his fictional fighting style. Seemes logical to me (in the context of SW world) but what do I know.

Long story short, you nitpick everything possible about the PQ fights (actually you only talk about the Phantom Menace fight, but nvm) while somehow seeing the fight that involved almost no fighting as totally legit.

Also this is actually my first time joining any PT vs OT discussion anywhere, because usually I avoid them like fire. Your comment drove me over the edge :lol:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)