[Friendly] Indonesia XI 1-8 JUVENTUS (August 6th 2014) (15 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
The Middle Eastern leagues currently have little structure or project, they just add shiny things, and sometimes that is enough. That's why their national teams are garbage.
that's only true of them arab leagues

the iranian league stadiums for the big teams are usually packed.

MbSol

Jul 21, 2008
Wow, still feeling the after-shock of yesterday. I rarely post here, but this one is gotta give! :D

First off, what took you so long, Juventus!

Ok, here it goes, the announcement about this tour came as a surprise right off the bat for most juventini here. Imagine this, hundreds of thousands (some even argue millions) of Indonesian who support this club from the 80's and 90's since the emerging of calcio on our national TV's are waiting for this moment long enough. So, the experience of waiting and actually living it is a breath-taking one for sure! Let alone the amazing atmosphere in and out of the stadium from noon to night. It was crazy! I'm not lucky enough to be able to go to the trainings, meet 'n greets and all that, not to mention stalking to the hotel, but I really dont care. It's already a dream come true for all of us.

I dont know the official number, but it was prolly a 60.000 attendance. Mind you, its only a technicality that the stadium is not fully crowded 88.000 mad Juventini (securities affairs, many people are still on the post-Ied long holiday, logistic/transportation problem related to the latter, and even the tickets, imo, are bloody expensive compared to similar "Big European Club" friendly match here). There are many people from allover Indonesia came to Jakarta for this occasion, even days before. Some with buses, sleeping on mosques :)D), some even without tickets. You'll be surprised with the amount of efford these guys gone through to come here to the capital to watch Juve. From Malang, Yogya, Surabaya, Bandung, Lampung, Medan, Makassar, even from some unbelievably far places like Southern Nusa, Ambon, and Papua.

Props to all Juventini who were there in the GBK. But allow me to single out especially those small crowd of prolly under 1000 people (excluding thousands of 'spectators' who were just there watching, sitting and clapping like a bum) in the East Stand, behind the goal. No tifo or super-giant banners here like those from the opposite stand that are being displayed, but nonetheless it was a fantastic folks who were standing, chanting (Italian cori, no biggie) and waving giant-to-small flags nonstop throughout the match. 1 capo in the upper side, and 2 in the lower side. :theflag:

On another note, its really strange to me that most folks in the West Stand (the Drughi Solidi, JCI, etc section) and it's surrounding are very rarely chanting/doing a cori. Any Indonesian here can confirm that??? Probably only on the early minutes, and after that, once every 15 minutes till the end of the match. Well of course, the end spectacle is superbly fantastic with flares all over the place and people literally going nuts, urging the players to go under the curvas. It's a shame that no one from the organizer trying to persuades them to do it, lol. Well, it's a little bit chaos of course with the police unnecessarily kicking and slapping people out of the arena and other fans reacted to them, but hey, one or two scarce from your mad fans trying to hug or even steal your jersey is should be nothing to these millionaires, eh?

To conclude, this JuveTour, for us, is probably as good as going to Turin on matchday because all of this excess of sense of belonging, proud, and erm.. national identity (LOL), on top of the 'experience' itself. For that, Indonesian Juventini/Bianconeri thank you, Juventus. Grazie, e Forza Juve!

I apologize for the long, almost emo-fest post, and here is some of pics I took yesterday (from my mobile, so sorry for the low res):

Attachments

feriorca

May 27, 2009
Wow, still feeling the after-shock of yesterday. I rarely post here, but this one is gotta give! :D

Ok, here it goes, the announcement about this tour came as a surprise right off the bat for most juventini here. Imagine this, hundreds of thousands (some even argue millions) of Indonesian who support this club from the 80's and 90's since the emerging of calcio on our national TV's are waiting for this moment long enough. So, the experience of waiting and actually living it is a breath-taking one for sure! Let alone the amazing atmosphere in and out of the stadium from noon to night. It was crazy! I'm not lucky enough to be able to go to the trainings, meet 'n greets and all that, not to mention stalking to the hotel, but I really dont care. It's already a dream come true for all of us.

I dont know the official number, but it was prolly a 60.000 attendance. Mind you, its only a technicality that the stadium is not fully crowded 88.000 mad Juventini (securities affairs, many people are still on the post-Ied long holiday, logistic/transportation problem related to the latter, and even the tickets, imo, are bloody expensive compared to similar "Big European Club" friendly match here). There are many people from allover Indonesia came to Jakarta for this occasion, even days before. Some with buses, sleeping on mosques :)D), some even without tickets. You'll be surprised with the amount of efford these guys gone through to come here to the capital to watch Juve. From Malang, Yogya, Surabaya, Bandung, Lampung, Medan, Makassar, even from some unbelievably far places like Southern Nusa, Ambon, and Papua.

Props to all Juventini who were there in the GBK. But allow me to single out especially those small crowd of prolly under 1000 people (excluding thousands of 'spectators' who were just there watching, sitting and clapping like a bum) in the East Stand, behind the goal. No tifo or super-giant banners here like those from the opposite stand that are being displayed, but nonetheless it was a fantastic folks who were standing, chanting (Italian cori, no biggie) and waving giant-to-small flags nonstop throughout the match. 1 capo in the upper side, and 2 in the lower side. :theflag:

On another note, its really strange to me that most folks in the West Stand (the Drughi Solidi, JCI, etc section) and it's surrounding are very rarely chanting/doing a cori. Any Indonesian here can confirm that??? Probably only on the early minutes, and after that, once every 15 minutes till the end of the match. Well of course, the end spectacle is superbly fantastic with flares all over the place and people literally going nuts, urging the players to go under the curvas. It's a shame that no one from the organizer trying to persuades them to do it, lol. Well, it's a little bit chaos of course with the police unnecessarily kicking and slapping people out of the arena and other fans reacted to them, but hey, one or two scarce from your mad fans trying to hug or even steal your jersey is should be nothing to these millionaires, eh?

To conclude, this JuveTour, for us, is probably as good as going to Turin on matchday because all of this excess of sense of belonging, proud, and erm.. national identity (LOL), on top of the 'experience' itself. For that, Indonesian Juventini/Bianconeri thank you, Juventus. Grazie, e Forza Juve!

I apologize for the long, almost emo-fest post, and here is some of pics I took yesterday (from my mobile, so sorry for the low res):
Cheers bro'

Forza JUVE

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

I see you, funny guy :lol:

Great post :tup: People should appreciate what great support we have in individual places, now we need to work on spreading our brand better so it is not just hotspots like Indonesia where we have this support.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
what percentage of the people in that stadium read juventuz? and more importantly laugh at lion's posts in llorente thread

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
Australian all star games would be more challenging for us, ISL and Singapore all star practically at the same level..but its a nice warm up though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)