Friendly: Australia vs Venezuela (1 Viewer)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #23
    Well, what more can you expect from the Aussie NT :rolleyes: Conceding a goal in the 91st minute.

Arango had been dangerous all game, and he got the goal he deserved cos Australia dropped their guard :sigh:

Good luck getting to WC2006 like this

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    arango ****ing sucked, and the ****ing margiotta italian sucked aswell

BUT ONCE AGAIN, THE NATIONAL TEAM SCORES IN THE LAST MINUTE TO MAKE US ALL REJOICE!!!!!!!! WOOHOO ARANGOL!!!

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    It wasnt as full as usual, but it was still full. Venezuela attacked more than Australia, but their defence was good. Venezuela attacked and had more possesion in the second half mostly because the Australia coach made so many changes, and Venezuela none. When Venezuela scored in the 91th minute everyone was so excited because they had been trying a lot but kept failing!!! Im full of beer people threw to the air, lol

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #28
    I should've looked out for you at the stadium fabi :D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Lol, actually I was in the section that has roof, and they never show that side, they always show the other one.

What did you think of the game?

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #30
    It was a decent match, but kind of slow-paced IMO. Venezuela didn't have much to be proud of in the first half, and the only thread i recall was Arango's dipping shot early on in the match. In the second half though, they looked much more determined and went forward more. Maybe I should be glad that the match was a draw, so there wouldn't be any bitterness between us :D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    It was indeed slow paced, and I think Arango he made too many mistakes, and everytime he touched the ball he did the exact same thing, throw it to the other side of the pitch. I think once again Leo Jimenez was the best venezuelan player

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #32
    I actually thought it was Jimenez who scored the goal at first. You're right, he was somewhat impressive in the match

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    I think he is the best venezuelan player at the moment, and its good that he is contributing to the national team aswell to his club (UA Maracaibo)'s Copa Libertadores campaign. Although it kinda sucks that he has to play here instead of playing outside the country where he can grow up as a player, but he wants to stay here

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    This is a picture of me when I met him in october, I looked horrible!! but its still my fave picture because he is my fav player from here!!!

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Yes!!!! I am in love with him!!!! (lol)

actually, Ive met him twice and Im gonna tell you a story I tell everyone when they found out Ive met him

The second time I saw him it was in Christmas break and I was with a group of friends drinking at this place where there are lots of night places. And a friend of mine was like wow look its Leo Jimenez! and we both were running to where he was, we talked to him (I've talked to him by email too) and he talked to us like he knew us, he's very friendly. So we say goodbye and go back to the table with our friends, and we see that Leo Jimeenz is there with a friend -WOMENLESS-, standing up, watching the baseball games, and two friends of us were like "you should go to where he is and invite him to sit with us and drink (there was lots of vodka left)", so we went and my friend talked to him and he was like no, dont worry because we're going into this club soon now. But hey at least we tried, it'd have been awesome to say "I got drunk with Leo Jimenez!!!", lol

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #37
    That is actually quite a bloody brilliant story :star:

I'd love it if something like that happened to me, though if a guy went upto a footballer, he'd probably not be quite so friendly :)

You talked to him by e-mail!? He gave his e-mail addy to you?! :eek:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    No, he didnt give it to me. Im gonna explain to you how we all met him.

In Christmas time, most schools prepare like a set of christmas songs from here with dancing, and the girl that was arranging the voices works as a photographer for an Internet football site, and she knows Leo a lot, they even dated before. So she told a friend of mine that likes him too that she knew him and he went to one of the rehearsals!! I didnt go because I had a huge fight with my mom, but it still was cool. So we talked to her and she told us to go to one of Italchacao (his old club)'s matches, and we would meet him at the end, so we did. After that, the girl told me that at their site you can write messages to footballers and they answer back. I've written him like two times and he has answered but I always forget to reply! He likes my brother a lot and always remembers him because my brother goes to the same school he went to. He always remember us and he even sent us some autographied (like I dont have enough of his autograph already!!) postcards but the girl still has them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)