Freddy Adu (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Adu's first season was rather disappointing, but the few games I've seen him play this season he looks a lot better. Adu seems to have improved his strength and fitness, and now he's starting to run at defenders, one of his best qualities. If he keeps improving like he has been in the last year he should be ready to move abroad in another two seasons.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Nah he doesn't have a drinking problem. However he was spotted at a University of Maryland party having a few beers. Wouldn't make too much out of it though.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually, I just witnessed Adu play his best match thus far in the MLS tonight. He set up two goals with two fantastic passes, and he scored a goal of his own after totally faking out a Crew defender, making him fall on his arse. This was his best match of his career IMO, and this season he continues to improve with every match. Adu was playing with a lot of confidence tonight and when that happens you can see the talent this kid has, second to none in the US right now. Still being only 16 years old, if Adu keeps improving like he has been in the first few matches of the season he should be ready to move abroad within the next two years. Trust me when I tell you this kid is going to be good.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Still way too early to talk about him, IMO. America has way too much of an in-denial pedophelia problem when it comes to sports figures.

Let's check back in within a couple of years and then talk about him. Until then, we've got mature players now we should be paying our precious attention on (Eddie Johnson, etc.).

Feb 26, 2005
I dont care how much talent he's got. This is the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. What idiot advised him to skip school to play football? I mean, skipping college and turning pro is one thing, and while I dont agree with it, such players at least have a basic education. In his case, he's skipped high school to turn pro, and will now have to hide the fact that he's an illiterate behind the "sportsplayer" label. It's just plain stupid.

There's nowhere it says that to play football you must sacrifice your education.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by madlawyer1 ] ++
I dont care how much talent he's got. This is the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. What idiot advised him to skip school to play football? I mean, skipping college and turning pro is one thing, and while I dont agree with it, such players at least have a basic education. In his case, he's skipped high school to turn pro, and will now have to hide the fact that he's an illiterate behind the "sportsplayer" label. It's just plain stupid.
What are you talking about? Freddy Adu went to High School and was a very good student. How do I know? I played against him and his school "the Heights" in the state tournament where Adu absolutely owned us. The Heights is a very good institution by itself, and he went through high school in an accelerated program.

Apr 12, 2004
Exactly, he attended the US Men's National Team Youth Training Center or some BS like that in Florida where he played soccer for 8 hours a day, and went to school for like 12 or something like that.

He was in actual "High School" for only like 2 years.

Andrew and I both played against him in HS, I concur with his story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)