[FRA] Ligue 1 2013/2014 (16 Viewers)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
L'Equipe: PSG set to be offered salary cap, transfer limit, UCL squad limit & a fine of €60m over 3 years in FFP sanctions.

PSG's current payroll highest in Europe (€240m) & PSG will be hit with further penalties if they exceed this in future.

UEFA want to impose transfer limit of €60m for PSG. If club spend entire sum on one player, payroll cannot increase.

PSG to be limited to 21-man UCL squad instead of regular 25-man group (8 of whom would have to be trained domestically).

PSG to be fined €60m over next 3 years (€20m yearly). Need to lower deficit to no more than €30m by end of next season.

Final agreement must be reached with PSG, who can appeal. If they do, they risk a more severe punishment.

In short, PSG must now sell to buy. Wage bill must be cut, €60m limit on future moves, UCL squad size limit of 21 & a fine to pay.

Edinson Cavani, Marco Verratti, Javier Pastore & Ezequiel Lavezzi could all leave PSG to
enable club to

- - - Updated - - -

enable club to bring in new players*

- - - Updated - - -

All via @Jon_LeGossip

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Was about time UEFA do something about them. They were like Man City on steroids in the past 2 years.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
L'Equipe: PSG set to be offered salary cap, transfer limit, UCL squad limit & a fine of €60m over 3 years in FFP sanctions.

PSG's current payroll highest in Europe (€240m) & PSG will be hit with further penalties if they exceed this in future.

UEFA want to impose transfer limit of €60m for PSG. If club spend entire sum on one player, payroll cannot increase.

PSG to be limited to 21-man UCL squad instead of regular 25-man group (8 of whom would have to be trained domestically).

PSG to be fined €60m over next 3 years (€20m yearly). Need to lower deficit to no more than €30m by end of next season.

Final agreement must be reached with PSG, who can appeal. If they do, they risk a more severe punishment.

In short, PSG must now sell to buy. Wage bill must be cut, €60m limit on future moves, UCL squad size limit of 21 & a fine to pay.

Edinson Cavani, Marco Verratti, Javier Pastore & Ezequiel Lavezzi could all leave PSG to
enable club to

- - - Updated - - -

enable club to bring in new players*

- - - Updated - - -

All via @Jon_LeGossip
question is, can Psg can offload these sort of players on high wages? would the player themselves want to sacrifice their big wages for a reduction elsewhere?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
What about Chelsea, CIty, and Madrid?
Chelsea are safe courtesy of them winning cl few yrs ago which enabled them to generate huge profits plus the lucrative pl tv deal.
As for Madrid,they're a revnue generating machine.They spend what they earn which is what ffp's all about.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Chelsea nowdays no longer does those crazy spending. Abrahamovic's fortune are dwindling and they look more on youth systems these days. Mourinho has to work on a stricter budget this time around and they need to sell to buy players.

- - - Updated - - -
Ranieri set for Monaco talks

The Italian insists he will remain head coach at the club next season and claims his side need "four or five" quality signings to compete in the Champions League

Claudio Ranieri expects to meet with the Monaco board this week to discuss his future and the club's plans for next season.

Ranieri has been the subject of reports that he will leave the Ligue 1 outfit in the close-season, but the experienced coach earlier this week stated his intention to stay at Stade Louis II, having secured second place in their first season back in the French top flight.

And the 62-year-old is now ready to hold talks with the hierachy at the principality club to establish a plan ahead of next term.

"I think that this week there will be a meeting. Now that we've stitched up second place, things should move more quickly," Ranieri as quoted as saying on the Ligue 1 website.

"The more time that passes, the surer I become of one thing. But I'm keeping that thing to myself for now. The only thing that's for sure is that I will be coach next season.

"Our plan is in place."

Monaco have enjoyed an impressive season back in Ligue 1, qualifying for the Champions League having splashed the cash on stars including Radamel Falcao, James Rodriguez and Joao Moutinho.

Ranieri believes he has the backing of Monaco's board, but is unsure whether they will embark on a similar spending spree in order to compete in Europe.

"I have a contract, and the directors have seen the quality of my work. We've had an excellent league campaign," he continued.

"I think I've worked very, very well this season. It's not easy to come up from Ligue 2 and have a season like the one we've had.

"I don't know how much money the club wants to invest in new players in the summer but to do well in the Champions League, we'll need to recruit four or five good players.

"If we want to continue emphasising young talent, then that will mean a different strategy. It's up to the president to decide how we move ahead.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Report: Ranieri to leave Monaco
By Football Italia staff

Claudio Ranieri will leave his position as Monaco Coach at the end of the season, it has been reported in the French Press.

The Italian tactician guided the Riviera side to the Ligue 2 title last term, and has seen them rise to second in the top division this time around.

However, L’Equipe believe that the former Roma man has agreed to have his contract terminated a year earlier than expected.

The news could have serious implications for both Juventus and Real Madrid, with the managerial position now thought to be vacant.

Antonio Conte has been consistently linked with a switch to the French side, with stories emerging that the Bianconeri are already thinking about a potential successor.

Los Blancos assistant Zinedine Zidane is also thought to be of interest to the Stade Louis II outfit, having served as Carlo Ancelotti’s right-hand man this term.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Win Ligue 2 - check
Finish in the top 3 of Ligue 1 - check
Will play in the Champions League in the next season - check
Will be fired despite all the success - check

Fucking rich idiots, discredit the profession of coach :sergio:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Juventino[RUS];4538826 said:
Win Ligue 2 - check
Finish in the top 3 of Ligue 1 - check
Will play in the Champions League in the next season - check
Will be fired despite all the success - check

Fucking rich idiots, discredit the profession of coach :sergio:
That's the best Ranieri can do. They want to win things and Ranieri certainly isn't the man for the job.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Helena Costa takes over at Ligue 2's Clermont Foot as first female manager

French second-tier outfit Clermont Foot have announced that Portuguese manager Helena Costa will take over next season. Costa, 36, will become the first female coach of a French professional club.

Announcing the appointment on Wednesday, a statement on Clermont's website confirmed that Costa – who was most recently coach of the Iran women's team – will be introduced to the media after this season's final fixtures have been completed.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/07/helena-costa-clermont-foot-manager

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)