[FRA] Ligue 1 2011/2012 (85 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Could someone tell me was had happend to Gignac? I remember he had a really great season for some years ago in Toulouse but since then things has not worked that well for him. What is the problem?
He was always average imo, but he really cracked under pressure at L'OM. There were a lot of expectations on him after the great season he had at Lorient and alot of money was spent on him. He didn't deal with the pressure well, i personally was never convinced by him, i watched him both at Lorient and Toulouse, and he only had one good season, so the risk that he was a one season wonder was always there.

Yo Fred, how are my boys Lisandro and Joe doing this season?

Also what happened to Gourcuff? Did he die?

Is Licha still banging them goals?
Joe Cole is doing well, Lille are seriously thinking of keeping him and he's thinking of staying, the fans love him too. He's been playing in more than one role, he's played as an attacking mid, a right winger and a left winger, and seems to have struck a good understanding with most Lille players. He's been one of their better players this season. The huge stumbling block of course is his wages, not sure Lille can afford to pay them fully.

Lisandro is enjoying his football again, last season he was being played on the left of a three man attack too much for his liking, this season Remi Garde has strictly deployed a classic 4-4-2 system, which has suited Lisandro a lot. He got injured in the start of the season and missed almost two months of football, if it wasn't for that i'm pretty sure he'd have been competing with Giroud for goalscorer. He's been very good for Lyon this season, the old Lisandro, he single handedly won them the game yesterday.

Gourcuff has been plagued by injuries this season but even when he's fit, Remi Garde hasn't really trusted him, both him and Pjanic were relegated to the bench from the start of the season, as neither one of them fits Remi's 4-4-2.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zamperini

TOMLINSON #21
Mar 6, 2012
He was always average imo, but he really cracked under pressure at L'OM. There were a lot of expectations on him after the great season he had at Lorient and alot of money was spent on him. He didn't deal with the pressure well, i personally was never convinced by him, i watched him both at Lorient and Toulouse, and he only had one good season, so the risk that he was a one season wonder was always there.
Wasn't he the captain in Toulouse? I really thought this guy was something special but then thank god we didn't wasted money on him.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010

Joe Cole is doing well, Lille are seriously thinking of keeping him and he's thinking of staying, the fans love him too. He's been playing in more than one role, he's played as an attacking mid, a right winger and a left winger, and seems to have struck a good understanding with most Lille players. He's been one of their better players this season. The huge stumbling block of course is his wages, not sure Lille can afford to pay them fully.

Lisandro is enjoying his football again, last season he was being played on the left of a three man attack too much for his liking, this season Remi Garde has strictly deployed a classic 4-4-2 system, which has suited Lisandro a lot. He got injured in the start of the season and missed almost two months of football, if it wasn't for that i'm pretty sure he'd have been competing with Giroud for goalscorer. He's been very good for Lyon this season, the old Lisandro, he single handedly won them the game yesterday.

Gourcuff has been plagued by injuries this season but even when he's fit, Remi Garde hasn't really trusted him, both him and Pjanic were relegated to the bench from the start of the season, as neither one of them fits Remi's 4-4-2.
Thanks mate, top post as usual :tup:

So I'm guessing this is how Lyon usually looks like:

Lloris

Reveillere (is this guy still playing?) kone Lovren Cissohko

Briand Kallstrom Gonalons Bastos

Gomis - Lopez

Aside from Lloris, Bastos and Lisandro it doesn't look very overwhelming :S

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
I like him. Was quite impressed by him in his first season with Montpellier last year, what i like about him is that he's not your typical tall striker whose just good in the air, he's quite good technically too. He's been absolutely on fire this season, though i think this is his peak, i don't believe he can get any better. Comparisons with Trezeguet are a bit too much :p
Thanks.

Yeah, I do agree that those comparisons are going overboard, but all in all, I think he does have quality. It's the first season I'm following his club and I do like his style of play. He might have reached his peak, but I'm sure that he would have slightly better stats in a bigger club.

I've already posted what I think of him, so here is the post:

He is quite decent with the ball at his feet, has good positioning and instinct, and he does have a great shot. He's a complete goalscorer as he can shoot with his left, his right and his head. Also, over the years he has been consistently scoring in ligue 1 and ligue 2 with Tours FC and MHSC. I think he's ready for a bigger club.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Where's Deschamps gonna go next year? I don't know how I would feel about Roma. They seem to have potential but I think he deserves better.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Wasn't he the captain in Toulouse? I really thought this guy was something special but then thank god we didn't wasted money on him.
Yeah well Elmander was a bigger hit at Toulouse, look where he ended up.

Thanks mate, top post as usual :tup:

So I'm guessing this is how Lyon usually looks like:

Lloris

Reveillere (is this guy still playing?) kone Lovren Cissohko

Briand Kallstrom Gonalons Bastos

Gomis - Lopez

Aside from Lloris, Bastos and Lisandro it doesn't look very overwhelming :S
Ya, for the most part thats true. Lately Remi Garde has experimented with a different looking midfield though, sometimes he plays Grenier alongside Gonalons and Kallstrom takes the left hand side(i know, he isn't supposed to be a winger) with Bastos on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)