Formula One 2013 (26 Viewers)

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Really? Schumacher had traction control...
That was never proven.

+ Benneton was the fastest car during his era of championships with them...
Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that present-day F1 is more a battle of engineers than drivers. Drivers like Schumacher & Senna were dominant because they were the best, as well as having a good car.

In 2009 when Button won WDC, was he the best? No, the car was. Same with Red Bull dominance now. And I'm not denying that Vettel is a great driver, he is. But I don't think he's the best. If Ferrari hadn't been putting out such mediocre cars lately, I think Alonso would be the one dominating, I also think Raikkonen would do the same if he was in a top car. Hamilton with his head on straight is a good shout too.

PS: I admit I'm biased towards Ferrari & most of my arguments veer in that direction but I stick by my opinion.

Raikkonen and Alonso are better IMO. Id love to see Vettel in their cars doing what they are doing now.
:agree:

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Sorry man i was more talking about his Ferrari days. TC was legal from 2001 onwards still about 2009.

I agree Alonso is a fantastic driver but i dont think Vettel has even peaked yet.
Oh never mind then, thought you were talking about the Benetton controversy.

But yeah, we'll have to see. Can't wait until next season though, really stoked to see how the Alonso-Raikkonen partnership will work out.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Alonso lost championship by 3 points last year with a massively inferior car and luck against him. They say Vettel is way better, nice try.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
In other news, Webber with a 10 grid spot penalty for Korean GP after Alonso had given him a lift back to the pits after the race yesterday, which was deemed unsafe.

May 22, 2007
Sorry man i was more talking about his Ferrari days. TC was legal from 2001 onwards still about 2009.

I agree Alonso is a fantastic driver but i dont think Vettel has even peaked yet.
Yesterday's race supports that. Got me thinking of other great Vettel races, this one comes to mind as well (lucky spectators to see that in front of them).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)