Formula One 2013 (18 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
yeah, he let him win because he had secured the season. totally meaningless.

and this did come back to bite someone in the ass. Webber for the one he pulled in 2011. i really like them both but can't really blame vettel that much. he's doing what he's gotta do. the better driver won and that's the way it should be.
Vettel disobeyed a team order and stole the position from his team mate. Barichello was the 2nd driver and peace be with that, the team order was to let Schumi win as many races as possible. Vettel ignored an order which would see him finish second and stole the place from Webber, one of the biggest asshole moves in F1 in a long, long time.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Vettel disobeyed a team order and stole the position from his team mate. Barichello was the 2nd driver and peace be with that, the team order was to let Schumi win as many races as possible. Vettel ignored an order which would see him finish second and stole the place from Webber, one of the biggest asshole moves in F1 in a long, long time.
Including that he knew Webber obeyed team orders to slow down his car since Vettel was catching up 4 secs per lap at one point. Extremely lame.

Funny, in the race he said something along the lines of 'Mark is too slow, get him out of the way' and then at the post race he says 'Mark, Mark.... ' in a soft voice like he's scared of him. Fucking coward, he wishes he could be like Schumacher, Senna etc. I hope Webber sticks it to Vettel. Maybe not immediately but Webber might pay him back later on in the season, say in the final race he might 'conveniently' let Alonso, Kimi past etc to win the WDC over finger boy. And to be honest, if RBR put Webber #1 he definitely would've won at least 1 WDC by now but unfortunately their little princess gets preferential treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

Us Aussies always getting shafted :disagree:

Fuckin Webber getting mugged off infront of his fuckin pals.
Webber is far too good to be finger boy's sidekick.

CaesarCod

Mar 13, 2008
I am Australian and don't like Webber. I dont take into account nationality when picking which driver i want to follow. + his fans are one eyed wankers. Much prefer Ricciardo.

Followed Seb since he was running Practice sessions with BMW and topping the charts.

People bagging Seb for this should also bag Webber for disobeying team orders in the past also? He just wasnt good enough to pass Vettel (Silverstone 2011/Brazil 2012)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The reason Webber's not #1 is because Vettel is A LOT better. I can't stress enough how much better he is. A LOT!

Vettel disobeyed team orders. Whatever. :howler:

Do your thing, Vettel.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The reason Webber's not #1 is because Vettel is A LOT better. I can't stress enough how much better he is. A LOT!

Do your thing, Vettel.
Why are you being such a stupid bitch? Can't you atleast recognize what a terrible unsportsmanlike move Vettel made? Webber sets his engine down according to team orders, Vettel is instructed to stay behind. Vettel just overtakes him. Atleast if Webber didn't back off they could've had a fair fight, but no - he just snatched it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think team orders are stupid, and Webber did try to block him for a while where I assume he had his engine running on full power again, it's not like he was just chilling there and let him pass.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Webber tried it in 2011 and he's still there. It's crazy how everyone's so biased against Vettel for some reason. If it were someone else doing it, you better believe they wouldn't be criticized nearly as much.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Webber tried it in 2011 and he's still there. It's crazy how everyone's so biased against Vettel for some reason. If it were someone else doing it, you better believe they wouldn't be criticized nearly as much.
They are Aussies who are complaining about it. What do you expect? :D

Have you always been a Ferrari fan, btw?
I've always been Ferrari fanboy, it's a bummer that they haven't had many drivers that I've liked. Was having high hopes with Jean Alesi back in the days, but Ferrari sucked ass back then.

May 22, 2007
So you're talking about biased, when you've come up with this line...

...even after the fact that Vettel is apologising and admitting he disobeyed the team.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
My point is that if someone else had done it, they wouldn't be getting criticized nearly as much as Vettel is. I personally couldn't care less that Vettel disobeyed orders, doesn't make me biased because I wouldn't care if someone else would do the same either.

May 22, 2007
My point is that if someone else had done it, they wouldn't be getting criticized nearly as much as Vettel is. I personally couldn't care less that Vettel disobeyed orders, doesn't make me biased because I wouldn't care if someone else would do the same either.
Success, more often than not, = more hate. You've seen it with Juve. It's pretty normal. I think you should get over it. In his era Schumi would have received very similar abuse at best.

As for disobeying team orders, I think it's a sketchy area, but in the end he's driving Red Bull's car. And to them, the constructor title is more important. And it's likely roles might have been reversed at a few stages in the past (with Seb leading) and both cars have maintained their position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)