Formula One 2011[or the sport of one billion new rules] (3 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
What a race!

I just wish Massa and Alonso had stayed on and that Schumacher managed to hold on to a podium place.

What does everybody think of the DRS system? I'm not sure that I am a fan.

May 22, 2007
I'm not going to be too harsh on it because it is quite new, but it definitely needs to be tweaked. With a completely dry circuit, Webber and Button would have blitzed it past Schumacher without any problems. At the moment we're either seeing the activation zone early (Istanbul and Canada), or it not being at all effective (Catalunya).

Shame that it came down to this to promote overtaking though.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I'm not going to be too harsh on it because it is quite new, but it definitely needs to be tweaked. With a completely dry circuit, Webber and Button would have blitzed it past Schumacher without any problems. At the moment we're either seeing the activation zone early (Istanbul and Canada), or it not being at all effective (Catalunya).

Shame that it came down to this to promote overtaking though.
I just think that it makes the car in front a sitting duck, from the car behind using it.

If the car behind has closed the gap to within 1 second, then chances are they will over take the person anyway unless the car in front defends their position well. I think it takes away the excitement of cars fighting over positions.

But yeah I guess we have to give it more time for them to figure out where to set the activation zones.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
i finished watching the movie, good one imo

i remember when senna died, i was in my home with my mom, my dad was away in the ex yu...my mother said to me that senna died, then i started crying. i never watched a f1 race, only hear what was happening at tv.

May 22, 2007
It is a fantastic documentary, loads of stuff which have rarely been aired before were included. The reaction to the Ratzenberger crash and the drivers meetings with Balestre were fascinating.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
blʘndu;3168217 said:
i finished watching the movie, good one imo

i remember when senna died, i was in my home with my mom, my dad was away in the ex yu...my mother said to me that senna died, then i started crying. i never watched a f1 race, only hear what was happening at tv.
I remember when Senna died, I said "damn, now Schumacher will win without competition, I wanted him to show Senna who is boss on the track"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)