Formula One 2011[or the sport of one billion new rules] (1 Viewer)

OP
WΏΏdy?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
  • Thread Starter #41
    What about the street tracks? monaca,valencia and singapore races are higly demanding and honestly 4-5 tracks on the F1 calender alone make up for the whole rally season in terms of difficulty,i love rally too but F1 is the pinnacle

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Although I have to say, I've always liked rally and there is little difference between the drivers, a great driver is a great driver, and it's always difficult to change disciplines, after driving for a long time in one discipline. I'd love to try rallying one day.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

As I said, rally is perhaps more unpredictable and dangerous, but there is a reason why F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport and why it is the ambition of the best drivers in the world.

They are very different, but F1 is IMO more difficult. And I would disagree that F1 is all about repetition and precision. Of course, you need precision in every sport (including rally) and repetition is the basis of becoming good in anything you try, but it's not true that in F1 every lap is the same. You have different challenges compared to rally, considering its a two hour race, you have a lot of strategy, you have fuel consumption which makes the car lighter and changes the way it handles, you have tire degradation, you have other cars who you have to pass or who have to pass you, before you had pit stops, risk of fire, etc, etc, it's not as if they just do the exact same thing and lap 60 times in a race, there are a lot of factors that make ever lap different.
    IMO the only reason it's the pinnacle of motorsport is because it has spectator potential. It's a single track around which you can build stands, put 100,000 people to come and see the show. You can't do that with rally. The money involved in F1 what makes it the pinnacle.

As for which drivers are the best, that's probably one of the most futile debates ever. :p

I'll just say this; the only reason you don't see rally drivers going into F1 championships is because of the physical aspect. When you start with rally and by the time you master it, win a couple of championships and become the best, you are already too old to be racing in F1. It has nothing to do with driving skill. IMO, take a rally driver and an F1 driver at their respective age/driving peaks and put them in opposing sports, the rally driver will make better results in a far shorter period of time.

For example, Loeb, one or two years ago I believe, tried out Red Bull's car and in a single day which consisted of some 80 laps made a couple of seconds faster time than Bruno Senna. Sure that Senna is not some standard to measure with, but that was done in a single day training session. I can't imagine what he would do if he actually prepared for a whole season. If he had decided to go to F1 some 3,4 years ago, you can bet he would have much better results than Kimi is having in rally.

Both are great sports and even though I always followed F1, I don't have much means to follow rally, the latter always struck me as more challenging driving wise. Heck, Nascar drivers, drive hundreds of laps in a circle with the speeds of 250 km/h, it's also physically demanding but they're not much of drivers IMO. *Cough*Montoya*cough*

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    NASCAR was invented so that the Americans could eat burgers with extra cheese inside the cars during races :p

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Holy shit, hope Kubica's ok.

But I'd have to agree with Zlatan. Well made point by him. In rallying, you;re driving an AWD car at significantly lower speeds. It can definitely be more dangerous, but F-1 takes a special set of skills and dedication to master, especially since the cars are RWD and much easier to spin out if you make the smallest mistake. It's like boxing and MMA imo. F-1 takes a lot more practice and skill just like boxing, and in rallying, while there are drivers who'd do fine in F-1, the majority of them just aren't as good or precise.

OP
    WΏΏdy?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
  • Thread Starter #51
    Kubica looks ok now,doctors say he is most likely to retain full hand function and the layoff should be less than a year.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
    Apr 12, 2009
    Season starting almost and I'm looking forward to it. Could be the only watchable sport in the weekend for me since Juve is going downhill.
    Testing was intresting, so far it looks like Red Bull and Ferrari will dominate the start though, great racing pace and reliability

OP
    WΏΏdy?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
  • Thread Starter #58
    Jenson with smash lewis this season and i'll enjoy every moment of it :D

fuck hamilton and alonso...anyone but these two

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
    Apr 12, 2009
    I hardly think Jenson is a serious competitor for Lewis. What's it with the Hamilton hate? The man is a joy to watch in F1, takes risks and overtakes as much unlike others.

OP
    WΏΏdy?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
  • Thread Starter #60
    I hardly think Jenson is a serious competitor for Lewis. What's it with the Hamilton hate? The man is a joy to watch in F1, takes risks and overtakes as much unlike others.
    Talented no doubt,reminds me of montoya just more talented and more politically sane,i dont like hamilton's attitude....and trust me its nothing to do with hamilton hate but jenson will beat lewis easily this season.........lewis has not been in a bad car,not been in a team in crisis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)