Formula One 2011[or the sport of one billion new rules] (2 Viewers)

OP
WΏΏdy?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
  • Thread Starter #21
    For the first time in my life m going to support webber,just because i dont want alonso or vettel to add to their winnings and get close to any of schumacher's records...i wish none of the mclarens win but if they do it should be button :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
    Jul 13, 2010
    OMFG, Kubica was injured badly in his crash near Genoa at some Rally event. Reportedly, he broke his both legs, his hand was so badly injured, that it may be concidered to amputate it.

I pray for God, that we'll see him racing again ;((((, my fav driver ;(((

OP
    WΏΏdy?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
  • Thread Starter #28
    Here are a few updates from planet f1,Kubica in induced coma and doctors moderately happy with his progress.

Possible replacements.

Nick Heidfeld is the most obvious choice having matched Robert Kubica in their season together at BMW-Sauber in 2009. He has a wealth of experience and knows about the Pirelli tyres more than most.
    Nico Hulkenberg is due for a season on the sidelines as reserve driver for Force India. Vijay Mallya didn't get where he is today without making cheeky little deals and he could go out on loan. Hulkenberg doesn't have Heidfeld's experience but he has all of his speed
    Tonio Liuzzi has experience of 63 GPs. He may not have been able to match Adrian Sutil at Force Inida, but on the odd occasion he was quicker.
    Christian Klein ...was quicker than Bruno Senna on a couple of occasions when he was drafted into the HRT team in 2010 with no experience of the car.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Look at those narrow roads, uphill, downhill, sharp corners, dangers on every turn...and then someone tells me F1 is a more demanding sport than rally. My ass.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    Look at those narrow roads, uphill, downhill, sharp corners, dangers on every turn...and then someone tells me F1 is a more demanding sport than rally. My ass.
    Rallying is insane... Even the spectators of the sport are insane...

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

icεmαή;2885534 said:
    Rallying is insane... Even the spectators of the sport are insane...
    Indeed, though it doesn't give the same thrill while watching it as does F1. All cars racing at once is what it's all about, but no one will convince me F1 drivers are superior to rally drivers, in any possible way. The two can't be compared.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    They're very different sports, demanding in different ways.

F1 is much more physically demanding, you have much higher G forces, a race lasts from one and a half to two hours of non stop driving, where as a rally stage lasts a few minutes, you drive at plus 40 or in the rain at 15 degrees, you go up to 330 km/h, plus there are 20+ guys out there with you.

On comparison, in rally you have narrower roads, more dangers (obstacles you can hit), various types of surfaces, but you drive alone, dont have to worry about other drivers, you're in a closed car, the g forces are lower...

All in all, I would say that F1 is more demanding, both physically and mentally, where you have to be on top concentration for two hours. And you can see these by the relative ease that F1 drivers can jump into a rally car with little or no preparation, where as, on the other hand, rally drivers would have more trouble and require more effort to get into a F1 car.

So I would say that F1 is the top, the pinnacle of motorsport and is more demanding, but rally is more dangerous, as can be seen from the number of deaths and serious injuries in the past few years. F1 has done a lot to become safe as it is, and therefore there has not been a single death since the two deaths (Senna and Ratzenberger) on the same weekend in 1994.

OP
    WΏΏdy?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
  • Thread Starter #37
    Indeed, though it doesn't give the same thrill while watching it as does F1. All cars racing at once is what it's all about, but no one will convince me F1 drivers are superior to rally drivers, in any possible way. The two can't be compared.
    True,but carefully considering both sports one can give a edge to F1 drivers.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

They're very different sports, demanding in different ways.

F1 is much more physically demanding, you have much higher G forces, a race lasts from one and a half to two hours of non stop driving, where as a rally stage lasts a few minutes, you drive at plus 40 or in the rain at 15 degrees, you go up to 330 km/h, plus there are 20+ guys out there with you.

On comparison, in rally you have narrower roads, more dangers (obstacles you can hit), various types of surfaces, but you drive alone, dont have to worry about other drivers, you're in a closed car, the g forces are lower...

All in all, I would say that F1 is more demanding, both physically and mentally, where you have to be on top concentration for two hours. And you can see these by the relative ease that F1 drivers can jump into a rally car with little or no preparation, where as, on the other hand, rally drivers would have more trouble and require more effort to get into a F1 car.

So I would say that F1 is the top, the pinnacle of motorsport and is more demanding, but rally is more dangerous, as can be seen from the number of deaths and serious injuries in the past few years. F1 has done a lot to become safe as it is, and therefore there has not been a single death since the two deaths (Senna and Ratzenberger) on the same weekend in 1994.
    LOL, this is like the same thinking of one of my friends, a dead on copy.

The only thing I can acknowledge is the physically more demanding part, nothing else.

In F1 you have one lap which you drive 60 times in those 1.5/2h and you drive it 150 times more before the actual race. The track itself is a lot wider and is made for burning rubber, the only uncertainness is it gonna rain or not. Then you take into consideration the technology that goes into F1 cars.

Whereas in Rally you have a number of different parts you need to drive in every race. The conditions on the road change with every driver that does his run. A single rock that may find its place on the road and you'll get turned upside down. Then the terrain conditions, from asphalt to mud, snow and ice. The roads are insane and the reflexes needed to master that car with those speeds and in those conditions are insane.

F1 is all about precision and repetition, rally has much, much more unpredictability involved in it.

I don't where you got that part about rally drivers having it more difficult to enter an F1 car, than the other way around. That is absolutely not true as a lot of rally drivers have tried racing in an F1 car and made excellent results. The only problem rally drivers would have and acknowledge is the fact there are other cars on the road. Both drivers can make the transition just as easily.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    As I said, rally is perhaps more unpredictable and dangerous, but there is a reason why F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport and why it is the ambition of the best drivers in the world.

They are very different, but F1 is IMO more difficult. And I would disagree that F1 is all about repetition and precision. Of course, you need precision in every sport (including rally) and repetition is the basis of becoming good in anything you try, but it's not true that in F1 every lap is the same. You have different challenges compared to rally, considering its a two hour race, you have a lot of strategy, you have fuel consumption which makes the car lighter and changes the way it handles, you have tire degradation, you have other cars who you have to pass or who have to pass you, before you had pit stops, risk of fire, etc, etc, it's not as if they just do the exact same thing and lap 60 times in a race, there are a lot of factors that make ever lap different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)