Formula 1 (3 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
If you apply the same logic to football:

In England, all the teams would be taken apart and be made of equal strength as Wolves or Liecester. In Italy, Ancona.......and so on. That simply would not work.

Some teams are better because of their financial, marketing, and general management and are therefore able to compete among the top places.........blame the incompetent others, not those who are successful at what they do.
Very true... but in football you have Milan/Lazio/Roma/Juventus/Inter; Arsenal/MU/Chelsea/Liverpool; Real/Barca/Depor/Valencia. You have more than one hegemon in each cell.

But in Formula, you have only Ferrari!

Buy on AliExpress.com

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
Ok, remember last year's finish? Two races to go and Ferrari/BMW/Mercedes were something like 4 points apart! (same with Coulthard, Montoya and Schumacher). That's what I want to see every year! Wouldn't it make you feel better if your team wins in such an environment?

Its of course exiting, but only if it is by fair competiton, not if it is a result of regulations because i think it is moraly wrong.

++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++No, what will eventually kill Formula 1 is the fact that one team is winning all the time. People like me will simply stop watching it. Others will stop going to Grand Prixs. That is less broadcast and advertisement money.

If that is the fact (which unfortunately is true) then this sport has a more complex problem, because you cant be much fascinated or interested if you stop watching it because of one teams dominance. And also remember that it goes up and down, right now its Ferrari's era, in the past it was Williams era without people complaining of it or wanting regulations. Get my point?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
What kind of regulations do you have in mind? :confused:
I don't know... stuff like tyre use and allocation, pit lane speed limits, fuel and electrical systems, oil and coolant systems... technicall stuff which puts manufacturers closer to one another.

Btw, I used to live in Shreveport area :D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
And what's keeping the others from catching up with Ferrari!!
They just suck :D. Oh well... let's contunue with this season, at least Honda (40) and Renault (52) are not doing too bad...

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
It's when you get into a four-wheel pickup and drive around in an area full of mud (works well after heavy rains). I wish I had those pictures on me. The truck is entirely in MUD! :D

Aug 1, 2003
Pendir I hope you do not think of me as a Ferrari fan. I live amongst the greatest BMW fans (my siblings) :D and I am a neutral in F1. the only reason why I would support ferrari, trulli, and fisichella is because I want to hear the Italian national anthem. So in conclusion my judgment whatsoever isn't dainted by my 'love' for Ferrari or anything of the sort. I just think Ralf sucks arse. :D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Sally i agree, Ralf sucks. I wonder what prompted the late Mrs. Schumacher to say that Ralf was the better driver from the two. Weird.

Neway, guys, Michael himself has given benefit to JPM about what happened, so i guess, this issue can be dissolved. And when Michael says it was an accident, id rather blv him, becoz if it was nething else, he and JPM wud be going through some verbal blows, again.

And as for the competition in F1. Yep, it really sucks tat Ferrari is the sole team, that wins everything. I think for any sport to thrive, you need good competition.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Pendir I hope you do not think of me as a Ferrari fan. I live amongst the greatest BMW fans (my siblings) :D and I am a neutral in F1. the only reason why I would support ferrari, trulli, and fisichella is because I want to hear the Italian national anthem. So in conclusion my judgment whatsoever isn't dainted by my 'love' for Ferrari or anything of the sort. I just think Ralf sucks arse. :D
Your siblings have made the right choice. Why don't you too :D.

I personally do not care about individual racers. I mean... I have been fascinated by Senna, Mansel and Schumacher, but the team is most important for me. Same with Juventus, btw... I've never thought that one person can pull a team, to me all Juventus players are exactly the same. So anyways, since I don't care about individual racers, I don't care which nationality they are. :D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
:D, i prefer asphalt (or is it tarmac its called)
You know, mudding is the same as if you are scating. :D The difference is that you have a tonne of metal all around you.

I wish there were more rains and more pickup trucks in Azerbaijan...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)