Formula 1 (4 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Very VERY V_E_R_Y stupid mistake made by Alonso. I've never seen a professional racer do that... would've been a double on top for Renault.

Schummi also did something stupid... Monaco has always been the most unpredictible.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
What did Schumacher do that was so stupid? His wheels where locked up and Montoya rammed the back of his car, or did I miss something?

I agree though.......Monaco is one hell of a track!
Yeah, but I thought his wheels got locked after he hit a wall inside of the tunnel? Or it was a mechanical error and he didn't hit the wall?

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Yea, its not good for the sport. Perhaps why the FIA is considering making further changes. Do you not get the news in your side of the world?
Your sick of people complaining, so whys the temper flaring on the one guy who can actually take on schumi and beat his sorry ass....!? Nobody's blaming Ferrari, its more their way of doing things. They want good competition, they shud have the balls to hire a JPM or Alonso and cut out that silly cant beat Schumacher thing from the driver's contract. Barrichello is not ferrari material, not by a long shot. Give it to Montoya, and we'll hear how sick you are of people complaining, that he cant stop winning.

PS: If you recollect, he was given a pitlane penalty for a similar inciden in the penultimate race of the season last year, when he was very much in the championship. The result? I guess it favoured good ol michael, again.
I dont want to commentate all the crap you wrote, but to say what you said in bold there reveals how much knowledge you have about F1. I have followed it since the early 90s and i have seen Montoya's type before in other sports too, and bitter, desperate and unconcentrated people like that dont win a thing, they miss the calm lethal winner mentality and stability.
And the way Ferrari does things is with the most extreme professionalism and tradition!, it is supposed to be like that. One favourised driver and a supporting driver, and williams is the worst example of a total mess when it comes to that, those two idiots either crash their competitors off the track or themselves, really really good racing i most say! yeah right.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
Sally and Delpiero10, that is just your personal opinions... :)

I find them both excellent racers... too bad they are leaving next year.
What is so excellent about being a big bastard like Montoya?, the only thing he is thinking of is to make difficulties for Schumacher because himself cant get anything to work. So then its just to damage for others who are doing better. And Ralf is just way out of his mind too, look what he did to Alonso!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++

What is so excellent about being a big bastard like Montoya?, the only thing he is thinking of is to make difficulties for Schumacher because himself cant get anything to work. So then its just to damage for others who are doing better. And Ralf is just way out of his mind too, look what he did to Alonso!
Why is Montoya a bastard? Racing is a competative sport. You make difficulties to others to win. In Monaco Grand Prix Schumacher's brakes apparently broke down, and Montoya touched him. Why is Montoya to blame in this case? Maybe we should talk to Ferrari mechanics?

And what did Ralf did to Alonso, let me ask you? ... have you ever seen anyone, I mean ANYONE passing on an outside track? Ralf would have let him through right after they exited the tunnel anyways, because he is a lap behind. But no... Alonso can't frickin' wait! He was dumb enough to make the riskiest take-over in the riskiest part of the entire track! And he paid for it!

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
PENDIR:

Schumachers brakes didnt broke down!, everyone was told that the safety car was going to get in, and Schumacher was doing the normal procedure to brake heavy for warming the brakes up, it is normal with smoke then. But of course Montoya wasnt concentrated at all and didnt do anything to avoid the crash either! which was 100% possible, and everyone else would have managed it.

Ralf had been Blue flagged about 8 turns before the tunnel episode with Alonso, he slowed down a bit to let him go, but then he accelerated and made the passing for Alonso much longer and more difficult resulting in that Alonso came wide and crashed.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
PENDIR:

Schumachers brakes didnt broke down!, everyone was told that the safety car was going to get in, and Schumacher was doing the normal procedure to brake heavy for warming the brakes up, it is normal with smoke then. But of course Montoya wasnt concentrated at all and didnt do anything to avoid the crash either! which was 100% possible, and everyone else would have managed it.
Here is what Schumacher said after the race:

Today, I don’t think I could have really challenged him, but nevertheless when the accident with Montoya happened I was leading the race. So the situation is that the race leader was knocked out of the race after being hit by a back marker. I am sure there was no deliberate intention on his part and I accept the Steward’s decision. I was accelerating and braking just as we do when we go to the grid and in the standard way when running behind the Safety Car. The tunnel was not even the first place I had done it as I had used the same procedure earlier in the lap. A bit of smoke off the wheels is quite normal in these situations as you try to get heat into the front tyres and the brakes.

Here is what Montoya said:

“It was a good race for me, since when you start ninth in Monaco you cannot hope to finish fourth. The car felt ok but like yesterday, we were just not quick enough. With regards to the contact with Michael in the tunnel, Michael braked very hard as he was warming up his brakes and I moved to the right side of the track to avoid him but the gap narrowed and we touched.”

My conclusion: it was an accident. Could've happened to anyone... but hey... it was Montoya, the animal! He is to blame! As usual!

Ralf had been Blue flagged about 8 turns before the tunnel episode with Alonso, he slowed down a bit to let him go, but then he accelerated and made the passing for Alonso much longer and more difficult resulting in that Alonso came wide and crashed.
Oh come on, this ain't no excuse for Alonso. The guy is called a "professional" and can't deal with situations like these? Should've waiting to exit the tunnel to do it. And the 7 blue flags to Ralf- true, but it's not Alonso who makes penalizes for that.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
Alonso, 22, said he spent 'ages' behind a blue-flag waved Ralf, 28. "Maybe he is colour-blind," the Renault youngster hissed. "I went to overtake him in the Tunnel but he got on the throttle again when we were side by side and that's when he pushed me wide into the barrier . hope they take his license away for three or four races.

www.f1racing.net

Not much Alonso could do in that situation.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

Here is what Schumacher said after the race:

Today, I don’t think I could have really challenged him, but nevertheless when the accident with Montoya happened I was leading the race. So the situation is that the race leader was knocked out of the race after being hit by a back marker. I am sure there was no deliberate intention on his part and I accept the Steward’s decision. I was accelerating and braking just as we do when we go to the grid and in the standard way when running behind the Safety Car. The tunnel was not even the first place I had done it as I had used the same procedure earlier in the lap. A bit of smoke off the wheels is quite normal in these situations as you try to get heat into the front tyres and the brakes.
But rules say that you should hold more distant to car in front exactly to avoid crash when the car in front is warming up tyres/brakes. This counts when the safety car is out.

He keept the distance to the others earlier in the race, but not to Schumi, see the connection?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Same paragraph, same website:

It isn't the first race-clash between the two feisty drivers. Ralf insists Fernando 'made a mistake. "He's inexperienced," said the German, "but I understand he's angry. I understand he's looking around for someone to blame but don't look at me."

Anyways... we are both biased because we support different teams :D. So I guess neither one will change his mind. This conversation won't get us anywhere :). But it was nice talking to ya! :D

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
Its not the first time Montoya is involved in this, everyone knows that Montoya hates Schumacher. So its a bit strange isnt it?. At least Schumacher dont hate Montoya despite all this, and that just shows the different between and Champion with winner mentality and a bitter looser.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)