Formula 1 (1 Viewer)

OP
juvetrainer

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #62
    he's fine. Prof. Watkins already give the permisson to race and he's on his Williams for first qualif. yesterday but his time was disallowed cos he take the shortcut (cheat!!!:D)

not rumoured again. Baumgartner is taking Firman's place (again) cos Firman can't pass the medical test. he still got inner ear problem.

and this is the update....
    Ralf Schumacher participation in this weekend's Italian Grand Prix is still in doubt after the German suffered a high-speed crash on the first day of testing last week at Monza. F1Racing.net brings you these exclusive images taken just after the accident.

Ralf lost control of his car in the first Lesmo corner when there was a failure on the rear left suspension/wheel. The car reportedly sommersaulted several times before coming to a rest in the gravel.

Ralf was conscious while marshals pulled him from the wreckage, and managed to walk to the circuit medical car - but fell unconscious soon after. He came around in the circuit's medical centre.

Ralf was then rushed to hospital and missed the rest of the week's testing. He has been suffering from concussion and bad head-aches since discharging himself from hospital the day after and team test and reserve driver Marc Gene is on standby. The Spaniard has raced Grands Prix before - for Minardi.

Ralf has come out bullish that he will not miss this weekend's Grand Prix but will undergo a medical check by FIA doctors to determine if he is fit to participate in the weekend.

from f1racing.net (10 sept)

OP
    juvetrainer

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #63
    Ralf's out from the race, give the test driver, Marc Gene, to try his luck and help JPM.

Top Three finisher: M. Schumacher, J.P. Montoya, R. Barrichello

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Gene did alright, Baumgartner didn't.

Schumacher was uncatchable - no matter how good Montoya is, overtaking Schumi is pretty damn hard, and Montoya was only within a second of him for a couple of laps in the whole race.

Coulthard's future with McLauren must be in doubt. I know he went out to engine failure yesterday, but he wasn't racing well, and hasn't for a while.

OP
    juvetrainer

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #66
    Gene did excelent !!!(maybe i'm not suppose to say this cos i'm a Ferrari fans,but...nevermind) maybe he's not helping Montoya too much cos he's behind Raikkonen,but he did well for the constructor. fifth place for a guy who doesn't race again since 2000 is quite good.

about Schumi - I totaly agree with you

about DC - he's future in McLaren already in doubt. latest news said Montoya will replace him. but Montoya still have a year contract left with Williams (til 2004). maybe McLaren will keep him for 2004 and release him for 2005 and get Montoya (if Williams wanna release him).

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Good race and I was impressed by Gene :thumb: Loved Schummi's comeback after a string of disappointing results. Montoya was sensible :eek: He actually realised he could'nt make it after the delay in traffic and decided to go for 2nd. Montoya of old would have wrecked the car trying to catch Schummi. Horrid day for Alonso though.

OP
    juvetrainer

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #69
    from hero to zero for Alonso. at least he still make the point (good for him). Monza is not a good race for Renault. Monza is set for Ferrari.

Congrats for Schumi for his 50th win with Ferrari and his 69th career win.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ikp_azzurri ] ++
    from hero to zero for Alonso. at least he still make the point (good for him). Monza is not a good race for Renault. Monza is set for Ferrari.
    Monza suits Ferrari but you can't blame Alonso for the spin on his qualifying lap. The traction control failed on his car. I also believe he is not to blame for the accident on the first lap. Infact he showed true character & class by getting that 1 point.

Congrats for Schumi for his 50th win with Ferrari and his 69th career win.
    Am :extatic: about Schummi's win. Go Ferrari :thumb:

Aug 27, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dj juve ] ++
    alonso was good, just bad luck for him
    yeah i agree with ya dj juve, and i like the way u put it ikp_azzurri from hero to zero
    i dont know what happened to them !
    but atleast he got in..poor reanult they were hoping for a good year this year looks like ferreri (i hope im spellin it right) will take the trophy or maybe this time montoya will be holding it up high!
    who knows?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Has anyone heard any rumours about who, if anyone, will snap up Alonso next year? Montoya, Barachello and Coulthard could all make way.

OP
    juvetrainer

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #74
    can't help you with that question (yet), friend!

btw, Ralf is doubtful for Indy. so Gene maybe will get another chance to race for Williams.
    poor Ralf :down:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Ralf was back, but he crashed out. Ferrari must be feeling pretty smug, as Schumacher was sublime, and their decisions worked better than anyone elses.

Comming in on the 20th lap, Schumi refuled, but went for new slicks, thinking that the rain would ease off again. Instead, the rain continued, and the slicks had him all over the place. Slipping to 10th, he pitted again a lap later to put on intermediates, and never looked back. Crusing to first, he delayed changing back to slicks even after the rain let up, instead wearing the intermediates slick. He made one more stop, changing to slicks (with the racing line well dry), and cruised to the finish. Kimmi Raikenan (sp?) was 20 seconds behind him, while Montoya was two laps behind in 5th.

Button and Vilneuve must be pissed off as both their engines failed, ruining good runs for them both.

Fizzi was very good in the Jordan, and only showed his car's increadable lack of speed when he had to defend against Montoya. The Jordan is now 20 km/h slower than the next slowest car on the track as Ford's Cosworth engine has to be tuned down to stop it from failing during the race.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    i know schumacher is very close to make it.but what about ferrari (wich is more important) they are first right?and how many points are away from the BMW?and mclaren?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    McLauren are out of the constructors, but Williams are right up there. I don't know the points totals though.

I think Williams lead up to this race, with McLauren trailing a good 20 points behind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)