Formula 1 (3 Viewers)

OP
juvetrainer

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #141
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    What are you saying? Do you actually think Button is better than JV, think again. JV will kick ass in mclaren. Irrespective of how old he is....
    what i said is based on the fact :D
    but...yeah...i think Jenson is better than JV (cos i dont like JV :D:D). Jenson is younger,btw, and i like youngsters

all he needs is a good car. That guy was born to be a driver.
    you can give Wilson a Ferrari and he'll win the race :D
    all driver need a good car, that's for sure. but not all of them can get what they want,right?! ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by juvetrainer ] ++

you can give Wilson a Ferrari and he'll win the race :D
    all driver need a good car, that's for sure. but not all of them can get what they want,right?! ;)
    Thats the difference. JV can do well in a decent car. Whereas someone like wilson\button needs a ferrari to be champion.
    Cmon Jacques may have not got what he wanted, but he has put himself in a rather unfortunate position considering his talent.
    He is easily in the top 4 best drivers bracket in F1 today.
    And undisputedly the most talented driver with MS.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    IMO Montoya or Raikonnen have more talent than JV
    You cant really compare em Z. They are really from different periods. They arent really contemporaries. No doubt. JPM AND KIMI ROCK.
    But JV is in the same class as Michael imo. Becoz those two are contemporaries and they are more mature...
    JPM AND KIMI still have to prove themselves, but its looking good for them so far.
    I really hope jpm wins with bmw before he leaves em. So they can feel reall bad about the way they treated him.

OP
    juvetrainer

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #146
    baggio, u r absolutely right ;)

compare Kimi with JPM and also with Alonso, not Michael. Michael too old for them :D
    compare JV with Michael, that's fine, but i think u cant really "compare" those two guys. Michael won 2 world titles without a Ferrari. JV just one (as long as i remember :D)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    compare JV with Michael, that's fine, but i think u cant really "compare" those two guys. Michael won 2 world titles without a Ferrari. JV just one (as long as i remember :D)
    Naa ur forgetting Michael has been in F1 longer than Jv. And lets not forget Jv came in his frist year and came 2nd in the championship and won it in his 2nd year. Michael did a good job, but if u see their respective career paths u wudnt wanna compare them. Simply becoz Michael turned out to be way luckier than Jv. Its hard to seperate them on talent, more on luck.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I dont think you can really compare JV and MS. Schummi is a waaay better driver IMO. He won two world titles for benneto, which at the time was not not the best car in the championship. JV won his title in the car that was by far the best in F1. Michael came to Ferarri when they were on an all time low, and I honestly believe that at that time Ferrari was not much better than BAR is. But the difference is that Schummi is a one man team. He finished second for three years straight in a vastly inferior car (to the Willians and McLaren), and I believe he would have been champion in 99 (IIRC) if it werent for the Spa incident with Coulthard. Schummi managed to get Ferrari where they are today, and there is no way they would be this successful if it werent for him.

OP
    juvetrainer

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #149
    i didnt say compare Michael and JV with their achievements. i mean u can compare both of them cos their age not different too much ;)

IMO if u want to compare Michael with all his achievement, i can say compare with Mika Hakkinen. too bad he's already retired.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    I dont think you can really compare JV and MS. Schummi is a waaay better driver IMO. He won two world titles for benneto, which at the time was not not the best car in the championship. JV won his title in the car that was by far the best in F1. Michael came to Ferarri when they were on an all time low, and I honestly believe that at that time Ferrari was not much better than BAR is. But the difference is that Schummi is a one man team. He finished second for three years straight in a vastly inferior car (to the Willians and McLaren), and I believe he would have been champion in 99 (IIRC) if it werent for the Spa incident with Coulthard. Schummi managed to get Ferrari where they are today, and there is no way they would be this successful if it werent for him.
    Its interesting you say it this way. Well to start with, Jv wasnt in F1 when Michael won the two championships. Moreover it was Senna's death more than nething that attributed to Michael winning those titles. F1 at the time was robbed off a great rivalry. Who knows what wud have happen had Senna been alive or had Jv been in F1 at the time?! In no way is Michael a one man team. He is the most spoonfed driver on track. I dont see drivers of other teams having to settle for a "2nd place" contract like the way it is in ferrari. The whole team works around Michael no doubt, but more importantly and sadly they work for Michael. I dont know if you know this, after Jv left BAR, Bernie Ecclestone (you dont find an admirer in the owner of the sport if you arent that damn good) put in a word for him at Ferrari but MS is the man who said he wudnt want Jv as a team mate. I think id put that down to insecurity more than nething....

And please dont compare ferrari and bar. I dont believe you could do that at any point of time. Its pityful. Coz ferrari has always been in the top 3. Even when they were rebuilding.. BAR has sacrificed any technological advances becoz of JV's high wage demands.

MS has been champion in his own right. But lets not forget hes had more than his share of good luck. Jv on the other hand is a superb racing talent. It really is too bad, things havent worked out for him the way they should have. Coz trust me, had he stayed ne longer in a williams or had a ferrari or mclaren snapping him up, the record books would have looked more like his autobiography. :)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    IMO if u want to compare Michael with all his achievement, i can say compare with Mika Hakkinen. too bad he's already retired.
    Well if you dont wanna compare JV and MS.
    How much better does it get comparing MS and Mika, 1 more title to mika than JV. Which came after spending as much time as Michael in the sport and most of it in a Mclaren. (Which was the best car for 3 years outright)

OP
    juvetrainer

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #152
    okay,fine. i wont compare JV and MS (or even find facts to compare MS and Mika). cos MS still in F1 and the other two is not (well, JV still have no team for 2004 right?!). MS still can make more records the other two cant.

now,I want to know your opinion about JPM and Kimi. they will become teammate in 2004 in McLaren. who u think will be the "first driver" (i mean is the driver who got the smaller car number. i'm sure McLaren wont treat JPM and Kimi like Ferrari trear MS and Barrichello).

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    now,I want to know your opinion about JPM and Kimi. they will become teammate in 2004 in McLaren. who u think will be the "first driver" (i mean is the driver who got the smaller car number. i'm sure McLaren wont treat JPM and Kimi like Ferrari trear MS and Barrichello).
    Well Mclaren kinda did that when Mika and DC were partners. Even though they dint say it officially it was quite clear which driver played the support role. Neway once JPM joins Mclaren its going to be those classic rivalries when teammates are the championship contenders. There isnt going to be any hard and fast rule for Kimi and JPM. They're both good. Kimi is the cool, iceman sorta driver whose also real smooth. JPM is a flambouyant kickass driver who is a lil dangerous but spectacular to watch. Its awesome. And if there was ne1 i support after JV in this sport, its Juan Pablo Montoya. Definitely championship material this coming season.

OP
    juvetrainer

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #154
    i think i have nothing to tell cos i'm totally in the same opinion as u are :D
    eventough i dont like McLaren but interesting to know who will "win" 2005 season between both of them.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    from http://www.planet-f1.com/

Getting to know Giorgio Pantano, the man who is in pole position to clinch Jordan's second, and F1's final, seat for 2004.

1 Born on 4 February 1979 in Padova Italy, where he still lives today, sharing his time between his home town and London, England.

2 Started racing karts when he was 11-years-old. Five years later, in 1993, Giorgio won three Junior Championships, the Italian, European and World Championships.

3 Went on to add two European Formula A Championship titles and the German F3 Championship title, which he won in his first year of racing in series, to his CV.

4 His accomplishments earned him a test drive with Benetton in 2000 and one with McLaren at the beginning of 2001.

5 In 2001 he made his International F3000 debut with Team Astromega, claiming two DNFs, one 8th-place, one 7th and one 5th plus his first race win, which was achieved at the last race of season in Monza. Overall, he finished the year ninth.

6 He climbed the standings in 2002 and finished in second place, two points behind Sebastien Bourdais. However, his runner-up position earned him the prestigious title of Autosprint International Driver of the Year, a title previously awarded to the likes of Michael Schumacher and Jarno Trulli.

7 On his way to the runner-up slot he won three races, which also led to Autosport Magazine heaping praise upon him. "In only his third season of car racing he became the complete package. Overcame pre-season disappointment to help build Coloni into a title contender. Three excellent wins, and racecraft is better than anyone's. Of this year's crop likely to go the furthest," the British magazine said in its Formula 3000 season review.

8 He also won the rather unusual Minardi Formula One two-seater race at Donington Park in 2002, clinched the "Best Relationship Driver With Team" award at the Winning Attitudes Awards, and tested with the BMW WilliamsF1 team.

9 Having finished the 2003 International Formula 3000 season once again in the top three, Pantano caught the eye of Eddie Jordan. The Irishman looks set to sign Pantano to his team for 2004, where he will partner Nick Heidfeld, who is also an ex-F3000 driver

10 He is reportedly having to pay Eddie Jordan $5million for the privilege of taking the last remaining seat in F1 for the 2004 season

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Whats the news on Jv??? Is he driving in F1 next season?!?! Man i wish Renault would sign him. Mclaren would be first choice but i doubt theyd be interested now. Renault tho would love for Jv to drive for em, and theyre thinking about a 2005 drive for him. Imo, that might just be a lil too late.

OP
    juvetrainer

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #157
    u mean season 2004 or for 2005???
    if for season 2004,no place for JV! all full.

F1 drivers list for season 2004:
    Ferrari -> M. Schumacher, R.Barrichello
    Williams -> J.P.Montoya, R. Schumacher
    McLaren -> K.Raikkonen, D.Coulthard
    Renault -> F.Alonso, J.Trulli
    BAR -> J.Button, T.Sato
    Jordan -> N.Heidfeld, G.Pantano
    Minardi -> Z.Baumgartner, ....(i forgot the name of the second driver but i know they already have one.Bruni or something if i'm not mistaken)
    Jaguar -> M.Webber, C. Klien
    Toyota -> C.Da Matta, O.Panis
    Sauber -> G.Fisichella, F.Massa

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Any news on Alonso - have Williams tried to replace Montoya? Are Ferrari looking to the post-Schumacher future? Or to the post Barrichello one? McLauren could do with getting rid of Coulthard too, I think.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Mikhail, Mclaren has already signed JPM for next season. That means DC shall be banished alright. As for ferrari, i hope this is MS'S last season. I really do. Ferrari is looking at Alonso quite closely, as well as Fishicella for the #2 driver slot.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Fizzi's a great driver - he'd make a fine second, and Alonso could be the next dominating driver. I'm lookikng forward to see how he does this year. It's always hard to follow up on a good break-out season.

I'd heard about McLauren signing Monty, but I forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)