Formula 1 - Season 2017 (7 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Not the Ferrari tacticians with the late stop, losing second after second?

A good result nonetheless.
He was 0.8 with DRS zone, then Massa sandwich. Massa even went first to congratulate Bottas. Come on, he deliberately slowed Vettel down there, from 08 to 1.6 the gap went once Vettel got pass.

Vettel had like 7-8 laps fresher rubber.

- - - Updated - - -

Still, Vettel got +6 over Ham. And Bottas with that win will only cause problems for Merc "move over for Ham policy".

- - - Updated - - -

Race was terrible till last 8 laps with that Bottas-Vettel battle. Not a single overtake in race, after start? Such massive gaps between teams. Nothing happened. Boring track.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He was 0.8 with DRS zone, then Massa sandwich. Massa even went first to congratulate Bottas. Come on, he deliberately slowed Vettel down there, from 08 to 1.6 the gap went once Vettel got pass.

Vettel had like 7-8 laps fresher rubber.

- - - Updated - - -

Still, Vettel got +6 over Ham. And Bottas with that win will only cause problems for Merc "move over for Ham policy".

- - - Updated - - -

Race was terrible till last 8 laps with that Bottas-Vettel battle. Not a single overtake in race, after start? Such massive gaps between teams. Nothing happened. Boring track.
:agree:

Massa cost Vettel a lot of time, but the extra wait for Vettel's pit stop cost him in the end.

Terrible race, overall there hasn't been much overtaking this season. I think the new cars have caused this, which means undercuts have more of a part to play which isn't as exciting.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Ricciardo must be gunning for that 2nd Ferrari seat if Kimi retires end of season.

RB is not competitive. Its not just engine issues, breaks last race also Verstappen retired because of that.

- - - Updated - - -

[video=twitter;858671995864707072]https://twitter.com/bbcf1/status/858671995864707072[/video]

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
No overtakes the whole GP. pretty unlikely
Did you watch the race? Vettel was just behind Bottas with 3 laps to go, gap was 0.6. Then Massa lets Bottas through and stops Vettel is corner, gap went to 1.7. By last lap Vettel had reduced the gap under 1 and you can see finish was 0.6 again.

Vettel had fresher tires. He would have overtaken.

The reasons no overtakes was also cause massive gaps between teams. I mean Max Verstappen finished 5th, +1:00.416 behind. Thats a decade of a gap.

Bottas
Vettel +0.617
Kimi +11.000
Lewis +36.230
Verstappen +1:00.416
Perez +1:26.788
Ocon +1:35.004
Hulk +1:36.188
Massa +1 Lap
Sainz +1 Lap

Although the track sucks and needs major changes if want excitement there in future years.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Did you watch the race? Vettel was just behind Bottas with 3 laps to go, gap was 0.6. Then Massa lets Bottas through and stops Vettel is corner, gap went to 1.7. By last lap Vettel had reduced the gap under 1 and you can see finish was 0.6 again.

The reasons no overtakes was also cause massive gaps between teams. I mean Max Verstappen finished 5th, +1:00.416 behind. Thats a decade of a gap.

Bottas
Vettel +0.617
Kimi +11.000
Lewis +36.230
Massa +1 Lap
Sainz +1 Lap

Although the track sucks and needs major changes if want excitement there in future years.
Back markers almost always end up causing problems for the chasing car, since the first car can get on the throttle right after overtaking, while the second car is still negotiating the overtake.
In any case, I still think Vettel wouldn't have overtaken Bottas, so it's a moot point for me.

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #35

Bottas
    Vettel +0.617
    Kimi +11.000
    Lewis +36.230
    Massa +1 Lap
    Sainz +1 Lap

Just because he was catching up at a certain rate doesn't mean it's easy to overtake. This happens heaps of times, many times the faster driver behind can't overtake. As a Ferrari fan I think it would have been pretty unlikely that he would have been able to overtake. Plus the DRS doesn't make as much difference as it did before.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Just because he was catching up at a certain rate doesn't mean it's easy to overtake. This happens heaps of times, many times the faster driver behind can't overtake. As a Ferrari fan I think it would have been pretty unlikely that he would have been able to overtake. Plus the DRS doesn't make as much difference as it did before.
    :agree:

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Vettel great start and 2.2sec ahead after 1st lap :tup:

Raikkonen going off already = standard:sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

Bottas you utter cunt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)