Formation for 2003/04 (2 Viewers)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I think the current squad players will give Lippi more options than the previous season. We can play with many more formations and also replace injured/suspended players. We can go for a 4-4-2 Diamond formation or a 3-5-2 formation or even the much talked about 4-2-3-1 formation.

Flexibility:

The epitome of flexibility is Zambrotta. He can play as a right/left winger or a left-back comfortably. Other players than can play in more than one position and thus thrust our flexibility are:

- Tudor (central defence + defensive midfielder).
- Fresi (central defence + defensive midfielder).
- Birindelli (leftback + rightback).
- Thuram (central defence + rightback).
- Di Vaio (striker - prima punta or secunda punta - + left winger).
- Miccoli (striker - secunda punta + playmaker + right winger).

Depth:

With the acquisions of this year we have better squad depth than last season and can replace players when needed.

- Davids (Appiah)
- Tacchi (Tudor)
- Nedved (Maresca)
- Del Piero (Miccoli)
- Legro (Ferrara/Montero).

I think we only need an upgrade to Zalayeta to be a good replacement for Treze and then we're set.

Buy on AliExpress.com

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
good post - good overview on the squad improvements...

but IMO di vaio can't play as a prima punta - actually he can, but very poorely compared to his parma performances

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by maxmc ] ++
but IMO di vaio can't play as a prima punta - actually he can, but very poorely compared to his parma performances
I have a good feeling Marco will return to his old standards .. Zidane, Neddy, and Thuram all took nearly a full season to adapt with Juve and I think Di Vaio will finally click next season .. He showed relatively good finishing last season when he scored a good number of goals when he replaced Treze but injuries didn't help him and I think with time he can only improve ;)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
.......................................Buffon...................................................

.......thuram..........legrot..............tudor...........zambrota..............

................................tachi........davids...........................................
.............micco...................nedved...................delpiero................

........................................trezyguet.............................................

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
nice formation stevie11...
i've the same formation in my mind (and use it in CM)

we could replace practically all of the players in this formation and would still have a quality squad like here:

.............................chimenti.............................

....birindelli....montero......iuliano......pessotto....

.....................tudor...............appiah.................

....camo.................maresca...........zambrotta...

..............................di vaio...............................

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
I think the current squad players will give Lippi more options than the previous season. We can play with many more formations and also replace injured/suspended players. We can go for a 4-4-2 Diamond formation or a 3-5-2 formation or even the much talked about 4-2-3-1 formation.

Flexibility:

The epitome of flexibility is Zambrotta. He can play as a right/left winger or a left-back comfortably. Other players than can play in more than one position and thus thrust our flexibility are:

- Tudor (central defence + defensive midfielder).
- Fresi (central defence + defensive midfielder).
- Birindelli (leftback + rightback).
- Thuram (central defence + rightback).
- Di Vaio (striker - prima punta or secunda punta - + left winger).
- Miccoli (striker - secunda punta + playmaker + right winger).

Depth:

With the acquisions of this year we have better squad depth than last season and can replace players when needed.

- Davids (Appiah)
- Tacchi (Tudor)
- Nedved (Maresca)
- Del Piero (Miccoli)
- Legro (Ferrara/Montero).

I think we only need an upgrade to Zalayeta to be a good replacement for Treze and then we're set.
Good post Fahad :thumb:

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by maxmc ] ++
good post - good overview on the squad improvements...
i was the first one to praise ur post... (not that i'm childish...)

about miccoli i think he'll be usefull, but don't expect to much of him in his first season...
it often takes some time to adapt to the team...

forza miccoli!!

del pozzo

Jul 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stevie11 ] ++
.......................................Buffon...................................................

.......thuram..........legrot..............tudor...........zambrota..............

................................tachi........davids...........................................
.............micco...................nedved...................delpiero................

........................................trezyguet.............................................
agreed on this one ..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Just in case anybody wants to know, Lippi used his traditional 4-3-1-2 formation in the friendly match against Valle d'Aosta today so this may be an indication of what scheme Lippi will apply this season.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Just in case anybody wants to know, Lippi used his traditional 4-3-1-2 formation in the friendly match against Valle d'Aosta today so this may be an indication of what scheme Lippi will apply this season.
in Soccerage, the way they named the players suggested another formation...

quoted from soccerage:
Juventus (first half): Buffon; Birindelli, Legrottaglie, Iuliano; Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Davids, Zambrotta; Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet.

Juventus (second half): Chimenti; Ferrara, Montero, Fresi; Conte, Maresca, Appiah, Pessotto; Olivera; Di Vaio, Miccoli.
notice the semi-colons suggest that Lippi played 3-4-1-2
which is great in my opinion. with both the left Wingers acting as Left wing-backs. it makes since too.

so whoever saw the game, please let me know for sure.
this would be interesting if Lippi really is trying a three man defense!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

in Soccerage, the way they named the players suggested another formation...

quoted from soccerage:

notice the semi-colons suggest that Lippi played 3-4-1-2
which is great in my opinion. with both the left Wingers acting as Left wing-backs. it makes since too.

so whoever saw the game, please let me know for sure.
this would be interesting if Lippi really is trying a three man defense!
Football Italia said that Lippi played 4-3-1-2: Buffon - Birindelli, Legrottaglie, Iuliano, Zambrotta - Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Davids - Nedved - Trezeguet, Del Piero and I think that they are more reliable than SoccerAge are :undecide: And Gazzetta says that our probable formation for this season is as I said, the 4-3-1-2.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Football Italia said that Lippi played 4-3-1-2: Buffon - Birindelli, Legrottaglie, Iuliano, Zambrotta - Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Davids - Nedved - Trezeguet, Del Piero and I think that they are more reliable than SoccerAge are :undecide: And Gazzetta says that our probable formation for this season is as I said, the 4-3-1-2.
yeah, i'm just hopefull...

anyway, the 4-3-1-2 is a very solid formation that juve are comfortable with. we did great against Madrid and against Milan in the serie A home game with the formation.

i like it a lot better than the 4-2-3-1, where the team looks so terrible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)