Forget the Azzurri, Lippi for Libya! (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Lippi to lead Libya?
Saturday 28 February, 2004

Controversial Perugia figure Al-Saadi Gheddafi has offered Marcello Lippi the opportunity to Coach Libya’s national side.

“I will soon meet up with Lippi and try to convince him that Libya have a long-term project,” the midfielder was quoted as saying in ‘Tuttosport’ newspaper.

“I’d love it to be him in charge when leading this team to the 2010 World Cup. I’ll offer a five-year contract that no other African side can afford.”

This certainly would not be the first time that the Libyan national side hired an Italian Coach, as ex-Genoa chief Franco Scoglio walked out two years ago.

At the time Scoglio maintained it was because he refused to field Gheddafi – the son of the Libyan leader – in every game.

It has long been reported that Lippi’s time at Juventus is coming to an end and his contract expires in 2005.

The split could even take place this summer after Honorary President Umberto Agnelli bitterly criticised their performances this week.

The replacement on the Delle Alpi bench has reportedly already been lined up, as former Juve player and current Monaco Coach Didier Deschamps confessed it would be “a dream come true.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alyazia

Jul 1, 2003
Al-Saadi Gheddafi seems 2 be very confiddent of lippi's acception 2 this deal :confused:..but i read 2day also lippi saying that he wont coach any club other than juve..

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Lippi to lead Libya?
Saturday 28 February, 2004

“I will soon meet up with Lippi and try to convince him that Libya have a long-term project,”
yeah.... including making him a regular starter in the team ..:rolleyes:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
:howler:

Lippi is a world-known coach and none club or NT would turn him down ... why on earth would he choose Libya? No offence, but that would hardly be a challange for him, big money prize or not.

May 17, 2003
It's not really about picking a greater team over a lower class team. In fact, it should be more appealing for Lippi to coach the Lybian NT over the Azzuri for the greater challange that awaits him. He can also think of the history he can make with Lybia, and go somewhere where no other coach has done for Lybia. So it is understandable if he does coach the Lybian NT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)