For all you guys who play(ed) football! (5 Viewers)

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #162
    That's why I always got tackled. I played at the edge of off-side so sometimes all a defender could still do was tackle me before I ran away with the ball...

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

'Launched' as in 'Making him fly through the air several feet by a very harsh tackle' ;)
    erijk, i replied to this:

++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    never played at the back - scoring butt-easy goals was pretty much all I could do

Ever launched a forward?
    :D

And launching...well a few years ago i used to 'launch'(tackle rugby-style) quite a bit, but coach and others got mad at me a lot cuz it resulted in unnecessary injuries to people, and got me into trouble-also i often knew the people i played against so it was kinda risky otherwise too...i havent done that for a long time now...

It'd be an honour playing alongside the legendary short uruguayan pitbull

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    i remember i was once playing against some idiot form another class and he really was gettting on my nerves....he tried to go past him but i tripped his foot pretty hard and while he was on the floor i struck the ball towards his face real hard like i was clearing,and he started sobbong like anything just cos his nose was bleeding a little....:LOL:

btw i got a real dressing down from the teacher who saw the incident,but imo it was still worth it....:D

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    lol u see i'd do a lot more launching if we didnt have anuthority on our backs...and honestly if i had a dressing down everytime i made a bad tackle i would kill myself...

but sometimes it feels like you became the ruler of the world....footy is so emotional...when u play it rarely...

Jul 12, 2002
    Well, you know me, I'm late as usual, but here goes:

I am a keeper, kinda like Van der Sar, or Schiechel (I'm modest too).

I also play attacking midfielder, kinda like Ballack

and when called upon I can play in defence kinda like Ferdinand or Stam

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    I played every position! Now I play defender, and I really like this position!
    But once, when I played in goal, I had to save a penalty! The guy who shoot, was 2 years younger, and I thought this would be easy! But when he shoot, The ball went through my legs! Man, since then I neever played in the goal!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    Well, you know me, I'm late as usual, but here goes:

I am a keeper, kinda like Van der Sar, or Schiechel (I'm modest too).

I also play attacking midfielder, kinda like Ballack

and when called upon I can play in defence kinda like Ferdinand or Stam

Ballack, Ferdinand, and Stam?! .. man I'll make I don't play against you !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)