For all you guys who play(ed) football! (6 Viewers)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
What makes me feel really good is ...well...do you know when a winger is facing a defender on the flanks and they both pause, waiting for the other to make the first move and pounce on their mistake...well when the winger tries to cross and you just stop the shot and it bounces away...it feels like heaven...even better than scoring goals...I play fullback often and thats why ;)

BTW I've scored a goal or two(or 5) so I know what im saying when I mean its better than scoring a goal...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
You don't sound like the kind of defender I liked back in the days when I still played ;)
well reflexes were my forte, but there was a certain guy who used to get past me all the time...im not sure why...and i hated that...i got nervous everytime he came up with the ball...

But luckily for me he was Aussie...and we had a good laugh after every game...(the accents)

BTW u can even hear an aussie accent when they're breathing....even their BREATH has an aussie accent...:D

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #145
    They breathe Aussie? :D

Nope, I was a centre player but in Dutch Total Football it still means you end up at different positions some time during the match!

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    I'm not really sure which positions everybody plays... I'd like to know!

I'll start... I play in the center attacking midfield, kinda like Nedved

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #148
    Let's make that last sentence (Kinda like ...) an obligation so we know what we're talking about :D

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Sometimes i play left back... thats cuz our usual back always gets in to theese crazy tackles and gets injured, so I take over. I'm KINDA allround player, but as I said attacking midfielder is where I usually play.

It's fun playing back, cuz as you said earlier, there's nothing like winning the ball from some irritating winger.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #154
    I never played at the back - scoring butt-easy goals was pretty much all I could do :D

Ever launched a forward?

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    Erjk I did that once... I was playing a very jnformal game, and just got onto the pjtch from the opponents goal ljne. suddenly i looked up and found the ball jn the air and i just volleyed jt jnto the net...

the keeper was kjnda annojed

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    'Launched' as in 'Making him fly through the air several feet by a very harsh tackle' ;)
    No I haven't... As you can see in the video clip, I'm not the biggest guy. I tackle, but not to hard... Once some idiot broke my foot with a nasty tackle. It hurt like hell and I wouldn't wanna put someone else through that... maybe if he's a real asshole :D

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #159
    ++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
    Erjk I did that once... I was playing a very jnformal game, and just got onto the pjtch from the opponents goal ljne. suddenly i looked up and found the ball jn the air and i just volleyed jt jnto the net...

the keeper was kjnda annojed
    no, I meant: did you ever tackle a forward (or winger) very harsh?

And 'ij' in Dutch is a solid combination, just another way to type 'y'. So all the 'j' on their own don't make any sense ;)

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #160
    ++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
    No I haven't... As you can see in the video clip, I'm not the biggest guy. I tackle, but not to hard... Once some idiot broke my foot with a nasty tackle. It hurt like hell and I wouldn't wanna put someone else through that... maybe if he's a real asshole :D
    You got your foot broken?! Shite! That must have hurt! Thank heavens it never happened to me.

I did got launched several times though - the key is to roll on when you hit the ground ;) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)