For all you guys who play(ed) football! (4 Viewers)

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #122
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

but man united games are like always sold out. even in the worthington cup, which is even less important than the FA cup, they have something like 60,000 + attending :eek: so its guaranteed to be a sell out!

I'm not fussed about home or away tickets either, whichever as long as I'm there! I'll probably get beat up for celebrating in the middle of the united end but hey, who cares :D

sure, I'll keep it as plan B but I'm hoping to have tickets before kickoff rather than try to scrounge them off people outside the ground :D
    I thought you were going to get away tickets anyway, hence I figured it wouldn't be hard to get any... :)

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #123
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    no, i quit this september after moving to another team. i really lost my passion, and didn't feel like training anymore. my trainer wanted me to train two times a week+matches, and i didn't have time or the passion to play that much, so i started playing curling full time instead!! a decision i haven't regretted once.
    Amazing that! Sounds like you were really good at football btw.
    My brother has recently stopped playing as well ... he got transferred to another team and he didn't like it there so he quit. He hasn't decided what he's going to do now though...perhaps I should suggest curling ;)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    He hasn't decided what he's going to do now though...perhaps I should suggest curling ;)
    you definetely should:D

junior football in norway(and perhaps the rest of the world) can be really exclusive, if you're second best you almost worthless. i woun't start ranting about how kid sports are run, but i don't like it. in curling everybody gets to play, i really like that side of the sport. sportmanship is valued very highly, and people chat friendly before and after the match. i could almost play curling just for that.
    however, this is how it is in norway with just a couple of thousand curlers, in canada where there are several million curlers things might be different.

Jul 12, 2002
    Wow!, I can't believe that I missed this thread!

My best save ever was when I was playing in France and I saved four straight penalties in a a shoot out to secure my team promotion.

My Best goal ever was a 40 yard cracker that I just scored a couple weeks ago, I tackled one of the toher team's mid-fielders, then took two steps, looked up and let loose. The ball rose all the way in and rattled the top of the net.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    My Best goal ever was a 40 yard cracker that I just scored a couple weeks ago, I tackled one of the toher team's mid-fielders, then took two steps, looked up and let loose. The ball rose all the way in and rattled the top of the net.
    The feeling you get after such a shot is hard to beat :cool:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    great thread erik;)

once during an inter-class tournament i scored a pretty goal in the
    quarter finals.

the keeper passed to a defender who lobbed the ball above me.(i played RM).
    i ran down the fight a little before trying to cut into the centre just outside the box.
    the defender in front of me was pretty close so when i tried to go past him i tripped over his foot but still managed to regain my balance.
    i then blasted the ball towards goal with the front of my foot so it had maximum dtrength but didn't spin.it went into the side netting and the keeper just stared and stared:Di loved that moment:)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Hi, I'm back!

What a great Xmas eve! Looking forward to New Years eve? I am! ;) :D

I was just thinking about this thread. It's actually one of the best in the whole forum. Here we get to talk about our own great goals, saves, tackles or mistakes.

I've told you about my best goal and a penalty save, but I totally forgot about this video clip I have on my computer!!!

In this wmv file you'll see me receiving the ball from midfield, dribling by a defender, running from a couple of other defs, and finally passing the ball to my mate who scores the winning goal!

I've uploaded it to the net if you wanna watch it.
    Find it at http://www.juventuz.dk/goal01202.WMV

Enjoy :D

If you listen closely... you can hear some idiot is yelling "offside!" He obviously needs a pair of glasses!

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
    nice :cool:

btw, it looks cold like hell down there
    Thanks!

Isn't hell supposed to be warm? ;)

Yeah, It was and is very cold in Denmark this time of year. That match was played in february. The pitch we played on, was kinda indoors. It was like a mini stadium with a roof... but still very cold!

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #134
    Wohoo, Kalle!!! In that video, I would have been the guy to tap-in the goal :D

The stories in this thread, people! We should get out there and beat the crap out of Real Madrid, just for fun! ;)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Wohoo, Kalle!!! In that video, I would have been the guy to tap-in the goal :D

The stories in this thread, people! We should get out there and beat the crap out of Real Madrid, just for fun! ;)
    :LOL:
    YEAH! Lets do that! We would beat em up for sure!
    But there seems to be alot of strikers and midfielders in here... How about some defenders??? Someone who really could mess up Ronnie :D

You would be the one to tap it in... I'm working on a formation... You're one of the strikers... thats for sure! Mr. Topscorer! :D

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #136
    Tom can take out Ronnie easily - the guy even tackles broken bottles!! :D

You just pass me balls like that and I'll tap-in! ;)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Tom can take out Ronnie easily - the guy even tackles broken bottles!! :D

You just pass me balls like that and I'll tap-in! ;)
    oh yeah... forgot about that. (how could I forget about a crazy stunt like that :confused: :eek: ?) Well... he picked the right nickname. :D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Well, I think the funniest goal I ever seen was in an indoor game. We had a bunch of my friends (all who never played soccer before) and if you could imagine the most un co-oordinated person in the world somehow got the ball in a breakaway situation, tripped over the ball, did a somersault, and SOMEHOW the ball went past the goalkeeper, and trickled in !!!!

I couldnt figure out for the life of me how it went in !!!

What made this goal even funnier is that my friend tore the sole of his shoe away from the rest of his shoe during the goal !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)