For all who live among non-football-fans.... (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
I noticed this particular obstacle over where I live. People dont understand how or why I would support a SOCCER team from ITALY called JUVENTUS, when we got the devils, the nets and so many other baseball, basketball, hockey and football teams to support.

How do you deal with it?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I know how you feel!! it really sucks!! I live in DC, so all the teams here suck......but that seems to make things worse!

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
where i am, people know about football. But it can be hard to find someone whose intersted in Serie A and Juve. I don't even have 1 friend that's into Serie A let alone Juventus. Here in Asia, i think we're kinda in between the UK and US in terms of football. The society here knows and watches football but the majority may not be as knowledgeble as the Europeans. Also... alot of people here i know are still stuck in EPL.... i've got the feeling they haven't really 'discovered' Serie A and Liga yet.

But i am strange in the sense that i can watch/surpport soccer alone. I don't need to scream when i watch a match and i don't discuss it with friennds much either. So.... i cope fine.

The only problem is that there's no where for me to learn things from. All i have is the newspaper and the matches themselves.

Which is why sites and forums like this is great for me. Alot of "outside the pitch" things that i learn come from here.

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    i just dont bother explaining anything cuz i dont want to confuse them to sleep :D

sunshine yeah i kinda understand what your saying. with everybody(well almost) able to understand english where you live its not surprise the EPL are favourites.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    In Ireland, it's customary for football fans to support foreign teams. The national league gets very small gates (between 1000 and 5000 in the top division), and most people who like football have favourites amoung Man Utd, Liverpool and Glasgow Celtic, with a smattering of other English teams also.

I've found Serie A fans rare in the extreme, though I do know a couple of guys who express a fondness for Juve.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    i just dont bother explaining anything cuz i dont want to confuse them to sleep :D

sunshine yeah i kinda understand what your saying. with everybody(well almost) able to understand english where you live its not surprise the EPL are favourites.

lol-I agree-it's pointless to try and talk about soccer, for people here usually don't gave a shit.....so like Sunshine, I get all my knowledge online and from the paper, which usually doesn't have much. it really sucks not being able to talk to people about soccer-there is only so much you can learn online ;)

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
    where i am, people know about football. But it can be hard to find someone whose intersted in Serie A and Juve. I don't even have 1 friend that's into Serie A let alone Juventus. Here in Asia, i think we're kinda in between the UK and US in terms of football. The society here knows and watches football but the majority may not be as knowledgeble as the Europeans. Also... alot of people here i know are still stuck in EPL.... i've got the feeling they haven't really 'discovered' Serie A and Liga yet.

But i am strange in the sense that i can watch/surpport soccer alone. I don't need to scream when i watch a match and i don't discuss it with friennds much either. So.... i cope fine.

The only problem is that there's no where for me to learn things from. All i have is the newspaper and the matches themselves.

Which is why sites and forums like this is great for me. Alot of "outside the pitch" things that i learn come from here.
    Hey Sunshine, my situation is almost identical with yours!!! EPL rules here but now people are paying more and more attention to Liga. The majority of football watchers prejudice against Serie A, regarding it as boring and 100% defensive football.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    Here EPL is kinda being force fed to us cos it's so highly advertised.

One of the main reasons Liga is hoting up a Liiiiiiittttlllee bit here is because of Mr. Becks. People just wana see what will happen with him. And the rate at which Liga jerseys are worn here is like......... 95% Real, 4% Barca, 1% Valencia........ I've never seen anyone wear another team's jersay :wallbang:

Oh..... and hey little meow! Do you know why your situation seams identical to mine? Do you know where i live??? Have i told you before???

if you do know....... pls do not announce on this forum where i'm from. Thank you

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
    Here EPL is kinda being force fed to us cos it's so highly advertised.

One of the main reasons Liga is hoting up a Liiiiiiittttlllee bit here is because of Mr. Becks. People just wana see what will happen with him. And the rate at which Liga jerseys are worn here is like......... 95% Real, 4% Barca, 1% Valencia........ I've never seen anyone wear another team's jersay :wallbang:

Oh..... and hey little meow! Do you know why your situation seams identical to mine? Do you know where i live??? Have i told you before???

if you do know....... pls do not announce on this forum where i'm from. Thank you
    Some people say the reason why HK people like EPL has something to do with our historical background...we were a British Colony once (not long ago I must say...) so we have been "into" a lot of English things.

And I do not think you told me where you live my Sunny...but I have a vague idea...care to PM me??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)