Football Transfer Policy and Rules (1 Viewer)

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
So how does a transfer work between two clubs for a player?

There are three main parties involved: The original club, the player and his agent, and the club seeking the player.

From my understanding, there are two different scenerios.

1. A player is either young and free or just finished his contract with another club and is on free transfer. In this case, there are just two parties involved, the player/agent and the club seeking the player. The club offers a contract to the player and the player signs it or not depending on his personal preference. Does an agent have a say in the players final decision is my question here.

2. The second scenerio is when a player still has a contract with another club, and wants to join another club. First, the seeking club, offers the player a contract and the player either agrees or not. THen the club begins a deal with the players original club. In this scenerio, the seeking club has to pay a certain amount of money to the old club in order to break the clubs contract with the player and to take him. But what happens if two clubs agree on a deal with a player, but the player doesnt want the deal to happen? Does the original club own all rights to the player and are they free to do what they want with him?

Hope somone with good football transfer knowledge could answer my questions and approve if what i am saying is correct.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    One example I can think of right now is the Roma, Juve and Emerson case.

Juve and Emerson have reached a deal, but Roma still own rights to the player for one more year. So they have the final say in what the players does until the contract expires. But what happens if they offer the player to RM and RM agrees, but Emerson doesnt want to go. Is he forced to?

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    in principal, its unlegitimate to go to the players first before you go through the club...unlss its six months before his contract end...

what i dun understand is, why clubs have to pay to buy players's contract, but not with managers , coaches etc... there are all on a contract basis..

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    One example I can think of right now is the Roma, Juve and Emerson case.

Juve and Emerson have reached a deal, but Roma still own rights to the player for one more year. So they have the final say in what the players does until the contract expires. But what happens if they offer the player to RM and RM agrees, but Emerson doesnt want to go. Is he forced to?
    No, the teams will need the approval from the player to make the transfer.In case of emerson, if he doesnt agree, roma will not be able to make the transfer.They can choose to punish emerson, retaining him without playing for one year more...and then ge goes for free...very,very unlikely given the roma financial situation...im shure they prefer the 10 0r 12 millions juve is offering......smart ass moggi, isnt he???:thumb:

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

No, the teams will need the approval from the player to make the transfer.In case of emerson, if he doesnt agree, roma will not be able to make the transfer.They can choose to punish emerson, retaining him without playing for one year more...and then ge goes for free...very,very unlikely given the roma financial situation...im shure they prefer the 10 0r 12 millions juve is offering......smart ass moggi, isnt he???:thumb:

i think on this case he got a little lucky. lets say inter wasnt so stupid as to get veron and they offered 17 mill for emmerson. we would never get it, unless he was in love with juve or somethin

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    i think on this case he got a little lucky. lets say inter wasnt so stupid as to get veron and they offered 17 mill for emmerson. we would never get it, unless he was in love with juve or somethin
    Then again, we'd be stupid to pay 17m for Emerson, so if Inter wanna spend that much money on him, what can we do about it?

And if Emerson has turned down Real Madrid, why in blue hell would he wanna go to Inter?

Aug 1, 2003
    Well, the easiest way to find out more is go to a bookshop and look for football books under the sports section. I once came a cross a FIFA handbook, really useful, it had everything in there including transfer policies.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

If that's the case, that the player has to accept first, how come Lazio sold Nedved to us, he was crying because he didn't want to leave Lazio for Christ's sake?

Of course the player has to accept the new club, but I believe his current club has the first saying and not the player himself.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

If that's the case, that the player has to accept first, how come Lazio sold Nedved to us, he was crying because he didn't want to leave Lazio for Christ's sake?

Of course the player has to accept the new club, but I believe his current club has the first saying and not the player himself.
    he left lazio because he understood that lazioa are in deep financial trouble. he didnt want to but he accepted to leave for the good of club.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    You can't. But you can persuade him and his agent that it will be best for him to go to another club.

Rarely do we see that players get into conflicts with their clubs on transfer issues.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

Nedved transfer to Juve was a perfect sample of a Moggi Blitz : Pavel was in Czech when Cragnotti was announcing Lazio financial troubles. Agnelli phone him to Praga and send his jet to pick up Nedved. he comes to have dinner with Agnelli and Moggi. Next day Moggi join cragnotti and the deal was announced. Pavel crying was just a courtesy for the lazio fans.

A transfer in the purest Moggi style....

Emerson deal is much more complex, but if he can stand mantaining the same attitude for a little more, he will be juventino....;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)