Football Manager 2023 (11 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Filippo Terraciano from Verona is a promising Italian RB. Only 19 when the game starts but appears to have very high potential

- - - Updated - - -

Giacomo Faticanti from Roma is someone you should target as well. Looks to have top potential

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Filippo Terraciano from Verona is a promising Italian RB. Only 19 when the game starts but appears to have very high potential

- - - Updated - - -

Giacomo Faticanti from Roma is someone you should target as well. Looks to have top potential
Terra have been under the radar for some time but doesn't seem to develop. I'm only in second season though. Will start scouting Faticanti now. Thanks!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Man I hate this only 6 foreign U21 signings rule in EPL lol. I didnt know I had passed it.

So imagine me in the summer date for announcing new arrivals. Gavi, Nuno Mendes, Moukoko, Joao Veloso, Eypun Aydin, Coppola, Antonio Silva. List goes on. Majority signed for 1st team.

AND NOPE, says all these deals failed. Same time. Was gutted lol. Especially since the foreign signings the game let through was those I did for the youth team lol.

I havent signed much over 22 players lol, so kinda hurt. So went hunting for English youths instead for remaining funds. Elliott Anderson, Livramento, Lamptey (fullbacks duo signed January), raided Pools youth team Ben Dock and Kai Gordon. Charlie Patino. And few others.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #117
    Anyone perfected some solid counter attacking tactics for facing superior teams? I just got raped by Manchester City
    I always play a ball-holding tiki-taka with a little more quickness. Why can't you control the ball, or gegenpress?

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think I should use here if I want an assist magnate?

1668197617912.png

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I always play a ball-holding tiki-taka with a little more quickness. Why can't you control the ball, or gegenpress?

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think I should use here if I want an assist magnate?
    i do play a higher pressing short passing style, numbnuts, hence why I specified for facing superior teams. If you haven't seen the juve squad in this edition, it sucks, i can't play that style away to City

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Against the big teams I tend to adapt to their strengths. Against PSG in the first season my aim was to neutralize the feeding to Neymar and the rest up top. I can't remember exactly what I did but I assume I tried to compress the team centrally. I wanted players behind and in front of them. The rest of the team I sent out to press, press, and press so that at least the only passes forward would be long balls. I wanted to create a large gap between their attack and the rest of their team. I assumed we would be superior in the air at least. Don't remember what mentality I put in, maybe attack for encourage that press. I focused my build up out wide to avoid those three in the middle and encourage their wingbacks to move forward and to create space behind them. I asked midfielders to run out wide. I put Danilo as LB as an inverted, to help out centrally and cover space midfielders created. I wanted him and the DM to be infront of the PSG trio and on the other flank I asked to Cuadrado to attack.

It worked out great until Bremer randomly kicked out down a PSG player in the box. Then the polack kicked someone down (IIRC). Two penalties later and we were 1-2 at home and the leg felt lost. Besides these random mistakes everything else worked really well. They never created anything and were unable to make those quick transitions.

In the leg away I made the mistake to attack way too hard. I skipped the tactic and just went all out attack... and were put into shambles. Got destroyed and lost 3-0.

What I wanted to write then, in short, is that I think against those bigger teams I don't think there's a tactic where one fits 'em all. PSG and City are different dragons with different strengths. So try to find a shape that better suits their strengths and can exploit their weakness.

- - - Updated - - -

That salary in 2028 will be my goal to avoid I think. Don't want to have those half-a-million wages around. Great signing though even if I can't manage to get him to perform consistently (it's my own wrong-doing I think)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)