Football Manager 2023 (14 Viewers)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Very impressed with FM. On paper Bonucci looked fairly good but man, I've had to cut him off. He is completely useless. Rugani, who covered for him with Gatti, will be sold in January and Okoli is coming in. Depending on budget my aim for the oncoming year is to get Scalvani or, in worst case, Coppola. I want them Italians. Otherwise I may go for Sutalo who I think looks most bang for the buck.

Perin is most likely leaving though. I F up... I thought I had signed Carnesecchi for 10m but turned out he would stay on his loan and join for 10m when his contract would expire. So I cut that deal off but before that Perin was on his way out until I withdrew from that deal due to Carnesecchi fiasco. So he is (understandably) mad as heck. Sorry Perin, I really like you!

Unsure about Pinsoglio. Did you guys renew? Feels wrong not to.

Can really recommend Schjeldrup, cheap and has made immediate impact (leading assist in Serie A despite only six starts).

- - - Updated - - -

More questions, Kostic is OK but a bit pointless. Did you keep him? Thinking of letting him go after the season.

Milik is really good, did anyone not sign him?

What to do with Kaio Jorge, was anyone able to sell him?

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Very impressed with FM. On paper Bonucci looked fairly good but man, I've had to cut him off. He is completely useless. Rugani, who covered for him with Gatti, will be sold in January and Okoli is coming in. Depending on budget my aim for the oncoming year is to get Scalvani or, in worst case, Coppola. I want them Italians. Otherwise I may go for Sutalo who I think looks most bang for the buck.

Perin is most likely leaving though. I F up... I thought I had signed Carnesecchi for 10m but turned out he would stay on his loan and join for 10m when his contract would expire. So I cut that deal off but before that Perin was on his way out until I withdrew from that deal due to Carnesecchi fiasco. So he is (understandably) mad as heck. Sorry Perin, I really like you!

Unsure about Pinsoglio. Did you guys renew? Feels wrong not to.

Can really recommend Schjeldrup, cheap and has made immediate impact (leading assist in Serie A despite only six starts).

- - - Updated - - -

More questions, Kostic is OK but a bit pointless. Did you keep him? Thinking of letting him go after the season.

Milik is really good, did anyone not sign him?

What to do with Kaio Jorge, was anyone able to sell him?
Yea your starting CB selection is terrible. Only Bremer is half decent the rest are all hot garbage not worthy of being squad players. I've replaced Gatti and Rugani w/ Papetti and Scalvini but I still need a 4th so I can kick Bonucci to the curb. You should do everything you can to get Scalvini. His attributes may not look that high yet but he is already killing it on the field for me. Wins every ball in the air, intercepts through balls and even in those moments when i think a striker has slipped through and is 1 on 1 with my keeper Scalvini somehow gets back and puts in a tackle.

Pinsoglio demanded to leave in my save so i let him.

Kostic has surprised me. I didn't think he would be good at the IF role on the right attacking mid position but he is excellening, despite if you look at his attributes, you would think all he can do is cross. His finishing isn't the best but he keeps playing in Vlahovic and Chiesa on goal. I'm thinking I will keep him as I can also use him at LWB in the few matches I play 3-5-2

Definitely keeping Milik. The 8mil option you have is a steal.

I sent Kaio Jorge and Miretti on loan to Sassuolo in january.

I tried to sign Skriniar, Jose Gaya and Asensio on Bosmans but all three rejected me for the EPL(despite me offering higher wages.) I guess Jj reputation is too low to compete with appeal of EPL sides these days.

In the summer I need a starting LB, another CB (someone better than Papetti or Bonucci who can challenge Bremer for the starting spot) and gonna make a push for SMS

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So.. I began my Juve season
Sold - none - nobody wanted my players.
4-3-1-2 Woj Bremer Scalvini Cuadrado; Rabiot Pogba McK;D.M;Vlahovic Kean
First game away to Lazio - draw.
First game away to Real Madrid - lost 1-0
Currently first in Serie A with one draw and many wins.
Second in CL with 9 pts in 4 games
Celtic has to beat me in my home game to stand a chance of taking the 2nd spot away from me.
Dortmund with 0 points and Real on top with 10pts.

Started Milik and Locatelli at first but saw the team play better with Rabiot and Kean.
Kean is actually a goal machine for me

P.S Bonucci is refusing to leave and no way Im playing a player with 10 pace.

Last edited:

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
So.. I began my Juve season
Sold - none - nobody wanted my players.
4-3-1-2 Woj Bremer Scalvini Cuadrado; Rabiot Pogba McK;D.M;Vlahovic Kean
First game away to Lazio - draw.
First game away to Real Madrid - lost 1-0
Currently first in Serie A with one draw and many wins.
Second in CL with 9 pts in 4 games
Celtic has to beat me in my home game to stand a chance of taking the 2nd spot away from me.
Dortmund with 0 points and Real on top with 10pts.

Started Milik and Locatelli at first but saw the team play better with Rabiot and Kean.
Kean is actually a goal machine for me

P.S Bonucci is refusing to leave and no way Im playing a player with 10 pace.
RM came in January and bought Bonucci off me for 3,5m. Could perhaps have pushed for more but I was just so glad to see him go. I didn't offer him out, just a blessing in the sky.
My attempts to rejuvenate the team hit a stalemate for this season. Perin wanted out and was sold for about 6m and then Pinsoglio wanted out so I sold him too. Senko then too wanted out so there weren't any half-decent backups in the team and the ones available on loan was too expensive IMO. So in came Marchetti... but the contract expires in the summer when Carnesecchi joins for free.

How good is Paredes? He has barely played and is behind everyone (including youngsters) in the pecking order. I won't let him play until it is mathematically impossible for the clause to kick in. Don't want to purchase him although he does decent on paper.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
RM came in January and bought Bonucci off me for 3,5m. Could perhaps have pushed for more but I was just so glad to see him go. I didn't offer him out, just a blessing in the sky.
My attempts to rejuvenate the team hit a stalemate for this season. Perin wanted out and was sold for about 6m and then Pinsoglio wanted out so I sold him too. Senko then too wanted out so there weren't any half-decent backups in the team and the ones available on loan was too expensive IMO. So in came Marchetti... but the contract expires in the summer when Carnesecchi joins for free.

How good is Paredes? He has barely played and is behind everyone (including youngsters) in the pecking order. I won't let him play until it is mathematically impossible for the clause to kick in. Don't want to purchase him although he does decent on paper.
I am trying to sell Bonucci but no one wants him.
Rugani was sold due to his request
Paredes - I dont think I have played him at all - I just dont trust him and his training work is horrible. I froze him out and sent him to help the B team.

I played a little longer and Im 1st in Serie A followed by Lazio whom I couldnt beat home and away. Milan and Napoli are fighting for the 3rd spot (beat Milan at home and away)
CL - I crashed Real at home and won in 1st place and got PSG in the knockouts.
1st leg in Paris - 3-0 win for me. Quite confident Im in the QF.
Real got Liverpool.

WC - France won

Milik had a game which he scored 5 goals but he is too much on and off. Kean isnt too consistent either but they give different things to my game.

Overall - Defense is still weak IMO - I need to upgrade over Bremer who would have been a beast for a 20 year old but he isnt 20 anymore so he isnt special in my eyes.
Miretti - I try to give him as many minutes as I can without disrupting my win streak.
Rabiot and Locatelli are rotating but sometimes I sub McK for one of them to gain some help defensively.

The only problem about my tactics is the number of yellows I receive each game - I ask my players to go hard for every ball so it has its price I guess.
Di Maria is good but not a phenom.
Vlahovic is outstanding and I already rejected an offer from Real Madrid.
Fagioli is doing very well in his loan spell.
Many young talent at the club and it made me not bid for someone from Inter who seems like an even bigger talent than Miretti (only 6M the price...)
I try to make offers and enquiries for players Im interested in, this to make the players unsetteled and push their way out. (Not working with SMS though)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Yea your starting CB selection is terrible. Only Bremer is half decent the rest are all hot garbage not worthy of being squad players. I've replaced Gatti and Rugani w/ Papetti and Scalvini but I still need a 4th so I can kick Bonucci to the curb. You should do everything you can to get Scalvini. His attributes may not look that high yet but he is already killing it on the field for me. Wins every ball in the air, intercepts through balls and even in those moments when i think a striker has slipped through and is 1 on 1 with my keeper Scalvini somehow gets back and puts in a tackle.

Pinsoglio demanded to leave in my save so i let him.

Kostic has surprised me. I didn't think he would be good at the IF role on the right attacking mid position but he is excellening, despite if you look at his attributes, you would think all he can do is cross. His finishing isn't the best but he keeps playing in Vlahovic and Chiesa on goal. I'm thinking I will keep him as I can also use him at LWB in the few matches I play 3-5-2

Definitely keeping Milik. The 8mil option you have is a steal.

I sent Kaio Jorge and Miretti on loan to Sassuolo in january.

I tried to sign Skriniar, Jose Gaya and Asensio on Bosmans but all three rejected me for the EPL(despite me offering higher wages.) I guess Jj reputation is too low to compete with appeal of EPL sides these days.

In the summer I need a starting LB, another CB (someone better than Papetti or Bonucci who can challenge Bremer for the starting spot) and gonna make a push for SMS
Milik is a very good rotation player. I`d only go against getting him should I be able to get someone who is more of a must starter. Kean is ok for now but obviously Im not going to keep him much longer.
Moukoko is interesting but he needs time therefore is more of a future buy than a present purchase - Still thinking about it.
SMS - Tough to get him as he doesnt try to push out.
Jude Bellingham - He is actually an option for me
I missed on a Barcelona LB (more of a future buy) he went to Almeria for 1.5M which is a steal!
There are many loanees who seems like either going to give me money by selling them or maybe even fit into my team.
Next year would be interesting.
Scalvini is indeed a monster in terms of what he does + he always get a 9+ in training.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Milik is a very good rotation player. I`d only go against getting him should I be able to get someone who is more of a must starter. Kean is ok for now but obviously Im not going to keep him much longer.
Moukoko is interesting but he needs time therefore is more of a future buy than a present purchase - Still thinking about it.
SMS - Tough to get him as he doesnt try to push out.
Jude Bellingham - He is actually an option for me
I missed on a Barcelona LB (more of a future buy) he went to Almeria for 1.5M which is a steal!
There are many loanees who seems like either going to give me money by selling them or maybe even fit into my team.
Next year would be interesting.
Scalvini is indeed a monster in terms of what he does + he always get a 9+ in training.
Just finished my first season. I tried to sign Milik but he rejected my offer cause I didn't play him enough during his loan lol. On the bright side Tottenham turned down the chance to buy kulusevski so I got him back

Signed some high potential Italian defenders in Coppola and terracciano? (some RB) to add to scalvini and I just completed the signing of PSG's Nuno Mendes.

After these deals, and selling some of the crap, I have 100mil left for this mercato and my scout is telling me I can probably get SMS for 70-80mil after stalking him all season

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Just finished my first season. I tried to sign Milik but he rejected my offer cause I didn't play him enough during his loan lol. On the bright side Tottenham turned down the chance to buy kulusevski so I got him back

Signed some high potential Italian defenders in Coppola and terracciano? (some RB) to add to scalvini and I just completed the signing of PSG's Nuno Mendes.

After these deals, and selling some of the crap, I have 100mil left for this mercato and my scout is telling me I can probably get SMS for 70-80mil after stalking him all season
At the same price who would you opt to? Bellingham or SMS

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
At the same price who would you opt to? Bellingham or SMS
Have Bellingham at Utd now, he's incredible. Easily will be the best mid in the game within a year or two. Signed a new contract with Dortmund with a 121m release clause, didn't think twice about paying it.

Literally has 5 stars for every single role in midfield.

Capture.JPG

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Have Bellingham at Utd now, he's incredible. Easily will be the best mid in the game within a year or two. Signed a new contract with Dortmund with a 121m release clause, didn't think twice about paying it.

Capture.JPG
I have about 90M for spendings - I planned on getting reinforcement with SMS but honestly this guy is just too tempting. Seeing his vision and pace goes up I think its a no brainer.
Still undecided though as I think I need a CF more than a midfielder.
P.S extended D.M contract as even if he isnt a 5 star player for me - I cant find someone to replace him - I require my AM to be a dribbling expert with great vision so SMS isnt suited for the role (at least by my standarts).

As for my season - Got passed PSG with a breeze and then went to a tough fight with Real Madrid - Barely went through having drawn my first game at home and barely won away with a lot of luck.
SF - City - I think they are going to eat me alive with Haaland KDB and Foden. We will see.

Weak points:
Midfield - While McK is actually very good in terms of stats and Locatelli Rabiot arent bad as well - None of them performs great on a constant basic
AM - Di Maria is disappointing actually, his ratings are usually 7 and below.
CF - Kean/Milik are both great options as bench players but I really need to find a great partner for Vlahovic - I prefer the dribbling type to compliment Vlahovic but its not a must.
Pace and Accelaration is super important for me for this role.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Capture.JPG
Get his brother Jobe as well just for the laugh, he's also very good IRL.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Beat PSG Real City just to find Inter in CL final LOL
Anyway got the treble and got 3 shiny toys:
Bellingham, Goretzka and Moukoko.
1st game of the season 3-0 vs Inter.
Cuad and A.S getting older so I need replacements but the replacement I want cost 300M LOL

Sold:
Zakaria for 20M
Kulusevski 90M
Arthur 8M
Bonucci 1M
Almost sold Rabiot for 40M but he rejected Milan.
Chiesa Im trying to offload but no reasonable offers.
Milik didnt want to continue.
Paredes I let him play for the B team until I got a message he is close to triggering his clause and then I promoted him back and didnt let him play.
Rovella another loan
Miretti is a sub and despite his stats actually doing well.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Get his brother Jobe as well just for the laugh, he's also very good IRL.

Got him on loan for my City save, with 11m buy option, lets see what he does lol, in my youth team. Cuz I'm not starting a 17 year old in my main team lol

Tho I use plenty of City's youth guys in my main team, Cole Palmer, Burns (CB), Lewis (RB), Oscar Bobb, Morgan Rogers (wingers) etc

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Moukoko is unbelieveable.
Got a loan with obligation for Chiesa - quite cheap but I inserted a 50% future on profit clause
Now I need someone serious to replace D.M and RB LB to replace Cuad and A.S as its probably the last season for them to perform

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)