Football Manager 2023 (5 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I've played it a bit. Not a squad update, they've definitely changed the match engine. Not sure what to think so far, finishing seems a bit fucked up my strikers shoot from all over the place and miss loads of chances but it is still just the beta.

Addition of CL rights is a nice new feature

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, someone who takes over Juventus, please present what you did.

I went full panic mode trying to offload everyone but Perin managed to not agree terms or something. Deadline day came and nothing transpired even though the deal had been in place for a long time. Anyway, sold Rabiot for 15m along with MDS (3,4) and Sandro (2,5). The rest didn't get anyone's interest. Signed Rensch on loan with option, then signed Schjeldrup (8m), Gulliksen (3,5m) and Ranieri (4m). Took on Dendoncker for free as well because I like his name and Pafundi's older brother for free as means to sign the younger one in the future.

Don't really have a plan. I will probably alternate between 352, 433 and 4231. Insofar I've also played 41212.

Playing with Juventus is always the same. The squad is built without any plan whatsoever but this year it's even worse, plus the salary...

Allegri. I feel yah. Still want you gone, but yeah, I feel yah.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I sold Rugani and signed Scalvini first mercato. May have been a mistake to think Bonucci was good enough to keep playing.

Playing a narrow 4-3-3 with IFs and 4-4-2 for tough away games.

Having trouble with the ME so far. I score a lot of goals, and generally win games, but the opposition scores on me too. They seem to be able to play long balls/ through balls through my defense at will and my CBs don't react quick enough or at all some times. Doesn't matter what my defensive line looks like

I will say i like the direction they are going with the ME, making it more chaotic, but it clearly still needs work as it is way too easy to create clear cut chances by playing a long ball through the center. Defenders are too slow to react almost every time

Corners/ freekicks to far post also seems overpowered.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Just had an incident against Spezia where they take a goalkick and 5'6 Daniele Verde won a header against 6'4 Scalvini to send Gyasi clean through on goal to score against me. Yea I'm thinking the ME is a bit fucked right now

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I sold Rugani and signed Scalvini first mercato. May have been a mistake to think Bonucci was good enough to keep playing.

Playing a narrow 4-3-3 with IFs and 4-4-2 for tough away games.

Having trouble with the ME so far. I score a lot of goals, and generally win games, but the opposition scores on me too. They seem to be able to play long balls/ through balls through my defense at will and my CBs don't react quick enough or at all some times. Doesn't matter what my defensive line looks like

I will say i like the direction they are going with the ME, making it more chaotic, but it clearly still needs work as it is way too easy to create clear cut chances by playing a long ball through the center. Defenders are too slow to react almost every time

Corners/ freekicks to far post also seems overpowered.
Noticed it too. I always stand as high as possible but I have reduced it due to the ME. Doesn't really help but then I know I've done my part.
I am not scoring a lot so seeing that arrogant ball towards row Z that just so happens to land behind defense instead of row Z, and opposition forward coming through 3-4 times each game despite the low block...
How much did you get for Rugani? They wanted 40+m for Scalvani so I withdrew from him. But I think it's a brilliant signing. I also wanted that Verona CB and the other Atalanta CB (can't remember the name, Otto?).

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Only got about 5mil for Rugani but I knew I couldn't start the season with the CBs I had. Scalvini came on loan w/ option (total cost if excercised will be about 42mil).

There are some good potential bosman signings this year Gaya, Asensio, Max Aarons, papetti, Terracciano, Ruben Neves

Post World Cup break, things finally seem to be working out for me resultswise

Screenshot 2022-10-25 081716.png

Screenshot 2022-10-25 081857222.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)