Football great all time misses (1 Viewer)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Di Vaio's Miss against Inter In the Birra moretti Trophy. He was all alone infront of toldo But he managed to put it over the bar.:(

I have a clip of a really hilarious miss but i don't know who is the payer nor the team. The Guy dribbled the Goalie then shoot the ball out for a goal kick :D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++
I have a clip of a really hilarious miss but i don't know who is the payer nor the team. The Guy dribbled the Goalie then shoot the ball out for a goal kick :D
I think I saw that clip and it was very funny .. while I was watching this African player dribble past the defenders and GK I thought what a great player he is, only for him to miss the ball the way he did and then I quickly changed my mind :D

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

I think I saw that clip and it was very funny .. while I was watching this African player dribble past the defenders and GK I thought what a great player he is, only for him to miss the ball the way he did and then I quickly changed my mind :D
:LOL:
yeah that's it :D

K10

Jul 12, 2002
I think I have the most wackiest miss of all times.

The video is about 900kb. It was raining heavily so there was alot of mud at the goal line so this guy was one on one with the keeper and he hit a low shot to the left of the keeper. It was going in for sure, for sure. I swear. He was all celebrating and all.

Then all of a sudden the ball stopped exactly on the goal line cause of the mud. He hit it with power and all but it was raining so much that the mud kept the ball on the line.

That hurt.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
John Carew had an unbelivable miss for Valencia, but he was saved by an offside call. I think it was last year. It was incredible.

OP
JuveCampione

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    John Carew had an unbelivable miss for Valencia, but he was saved by and offside call. I think it was last year. It was incredible.
    yeah I saw that one

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I swear I saw the most unbelievable miss of all time on TV a few years ago. There was this guy, I dont know his name or the team as it was long ago, who got fouled in the box and got a penalty. He put the ball on the spot, very calm, concetrated, took a long run up, shot the ball....
    And it went out for a throw in!!!
    Apparantly he slipped a bit and cought the ball very bad with the inside of his foot :D :LOL: :howler: :)

Best. Miss. EVER!!! :D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
    I think I have the most wackiest miss of all times.

The video is about 900kb. It was raining heavily so there was alot of mud at the goal line so this guy was one on one with the keeper and he hit a low shot to the left of the keeper. It was going in for sure, for sure. I swear. He was all celebrating and all.

Then all of a sudden the ball stopped exactly on the goal line cause of the mud. He hit it with power and all but it was raining so much that the mud kept the ball on the line.

That hurt.
    I saw a very similar scenario, but it wasn't from open play .. it was a Japanese Cup final and it ended with a draw so the teams went for a penalty shootout (before introducing the American shootout style) so the captain of one of the teams goes for the final penalty and it was raining heavily too .. he shoots on the right and the GK jumps to the left, but the ball kept rotating in the goal line and never went in because of the mud !!

++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp] ++
    John Carew had an unbelivable miss for Valencia, but he was saved by an offside call. I think it was last year. It was incredible.
    That's perfectly normal for Carew .. he usually misses the easiest of chances ;)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    Great all time misses?

I will never forget one mistake made by some Polish goalie, Jojko.
    He was standing on his own penalty field and he wanted to throw a ball to team-mates, but he made some ridiculus move! with his hand, and that ball made such curve and... and went to his own goal!
    That was unbelieble!

However, I think it cant be called a miss :D
    That was a shoot! :eek:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    All time greatest miss?

hmm... I think that would be Ruud Gullit, or at least I think it was him. I recall seing him kick the ball over the bar, only 1 meter from the line. He was totally clear, no goalie, no defenders, just him - the ball - and the goal. Fantastic miss by the dutch man.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
    All time greatest miss?

hmm... I think that would be Ruud Gullit, or at least I think it was him. I recall seing him kick the ball over the bar, only 1 meter from the line. He was totally clear, no goalie, no defenders, just him - the ball - and the goal. Fantastic miss by the dutch man.
    I have that on a football blooper tape. It's quite a miss.

Jul 19, 2003
    Anyone remember Gigg's miss in the FA Cup match up between Man U and Arsenal last season? He dribbled everyone, even Seaman.....it was beautiful...I tell u, and then he took a shot towards the empty net and kicked it over.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    Anyone remember Gigg's miss in the FA Cup match up between Man U and Arsenal last season? He dribbled everyone, even Seaman.....it was beautiful...I tell u, and then he took a shot towards the empty net and kicked it over.
    Yes, I remember that too, it was pretty bad. Did he use his right leg?

OP
    JuveCampione

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    I saw Brazil - Cameroon yesterday (FIFA under 17 world championship) and Brazil missed unbelievably 3 great chances in the second half :eek:
    It ended 1-1 and Cameroon played with 9 players :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)