Football Boots! (17 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Ankle injuries maybe, knee injuries very unlikely.

Lotto Zhero's are cheaper here, but they don't even look like a great boot to me. I find the Adidas Absolute too expensive as well. I might be going for a leather version of he V1.06 (not at the original price of 170 euros though) or the Umbro Speciali, which oddly enough looks like a well crafted boot. I currently play with the Adidas Predator Mania, my all time favorite next to the Copa Mundial.
I'm just telling you what I've read

it makes sense to me, because if you can't plant your foot properly on a cut or turn, its going to put all the stress on your stabilizers (ankles and knees)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm just telling you what I've read

it makes sense to me, because if you can't plant your foot properly on a cut or turn, its going to put all the stress on your stabilizers (ankles and knees)
The thing is, most serious knee injuries are caused by sticking into the ground too much. I don't think the weight of the boots is an issue, but rather the studs. It's why I have always disliked the metal blades most Adidas boots have these days.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
The thing is, most serious knee injuries are caused by sticking into the ground too much. I don't think the weight of the boots is an issue, but rather the studs. It's why I have always disliked the metal blades most Adidas boots have these days.
I can agree with that as well...too much stick will tear your knee up as well

I've seen it happen on indoor turf...it wasn't pretty

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Reminds me of Ashley Cole's self-injury. Not very pleasant viewing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVXh85UAE2M
Well, I don't remember what it was, but probably the injury I've been struggling with for a while: a partial tearing of an ankle ligament. Might sound odd, but something a professional football player will recover from very quickly.

Now knee problems, that's dangerous.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You're right, it's a knee injury. But not because he was planting his studs in the turf. If you look closely you'll see he twists his ankle, which is why his knee collapses. Alan Smith broke his leg due to the same principle.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Iam actually looking for new boots too old adidas preditors are still in pretty good shape but id like a pair of new game boots! I havent decided what i would like f50 look ok but i hate that real plastic look and i cant stand Nike boots just not for me, i like Coppas but they usually tend to suit wide feet better compared to my skinny feet so i dont think i will go for them. Ill see what i get next weekend when i go buy a pair any suggestions looking for fairly light good on generally hard pitches here in australia now. no studs molds are more to my liking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)