Football Boots! (7 Viewers)

Kaka1899

Jan 24, 2007
Yep, I'd used the spraypaint for something else, and still had about half a can left. I took one look at my boots, and thought "why the hell not?" :D

The only thing you have to be careful of is the laces. I painted my laces fully, but the spraypaint made them stiff, and I had to play with them a bit before they started behaving again :)
id de-lace my shoes first infact id jst play with black laces it seems a very tempting idea now to paint my shoes!

can you buy paint for leather?

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Hehe, yeah it'd probably be a good idea to de-lace the shoes if you don't want them to end up like mine did. My boots were pretty old at the time, so I didn't really mind.

If the boots are still somewhat new, you'll want to use something other than spraypaint, because it starts to crack in places where the shoe bends (around the toe area for me), and spraypainting isn't very accurate at all.

I've heard of people using clothing dye, but a good idea I've heard is to use paint that's used for car interiors, that can be used for leather, vinyl, plastic and fabrics.

btw, not a big deal, but for future reference it's a good idea to edit your posts if you're going to post twice in a row :)

Kaka1899

Jan 24, 2007
Hehe, yeah it'd probably be a good idea to de-lace the shoes if you don't want them to end up like mine did. My boots were pretty old at the time, so I didn't really mind.

If the boots are still somewhat new, you'll want to use something other than spraypaint, because it starts to crack in places where the shoe bends (around the toe area for me), and spraypainting isn't very accurate at all.

I've heard of people using clothing dye, but a good idea I've heard is to use paint that's used for car interiors, that can be used for leather, vinyl, plastic and fabrics.

btw, not a big deal, but for future reference it's a good idea to edit your posts if you're going to post twice in a row :)

ok i'll remember

i might go down to my local JJb and see if i canget a pair of cheap boots iv just read on a website you should keep bending the shoes every so often whilst its drying so it doesnt crack and you should apply 7 coats of paint! :shocked:

btw seen as you play for a team is there any perticulat way you prepare before a match?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
7 coats? Dang, wouldn't that slow you down because of the extra weight? :D

As for the team I play for, it's just a social competition with my mates, nothing highly competitive. But for match preparation, I'm big into nutrition and hydration. Actually, I wrote up a document for my teammates with everything I advise re: pre-game meals and prep.

If you can't be bothered reading, basically what I say is that you need to drink plenty of water before a match, but stop about 30 minutes to an hour beforehand so you don't need to take a leak during the game. For a pre-match meal, pasta is perfect about 3-4 hours before kickoff, because it's full of carbs. In general, a lot of protein isn't good, and sugars/fats are obviously a no-go.

Kaka1899

Jan 24, 2007
thanks Gray i have saved your Document and read it im gong to go and stock up on Powerade! we shouldnt be there too long but i dont want to be hungry with cramp of full of water and peeing every 10 mins! :lol:

i can never get the food water ratio just right!

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
who has seen the exclusive italy puma ones??

i personally like mercurial vapours, pretty nice, but addidas make the best quality ones, the predator series are quality

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
ok i'll remember

i might go down to my local JJb and see if i canget a pair of cheap boots iv just read on a website you should keep bending the shoes every so often whilst its drying so it doesnt crack and you should apply 7 coats of paint! :shocked:

btw seen as you play for a team is there any perticulat way you prepare before a match?
my sure fire way to success is a learge plate of seafood risotto 3-4 hours before i play, seriousl;y i found that i play much betetr with this. pasta is always good too but as graham says eat it quite a while before you play

Kaka1899

Jan 24, 2007
my sure fire way to success is a learge plate of seafood risotto 3-4 hours before i play, seriousl;y i found that i play much betetr with this. pasta is always good too but as graham says eat it quite a while before you play
yeah av prepared it am gonna eat mi pasta on way to field i havnt played since last november so a bet am well outta shape (not like Ronaldo) and i hope i ant lost my Touch :shifty: i might go in goal for a bit :D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Gray, I have the Adidas Predator FG, in black and red and I am extremely happy with them.

I took out the weight that goes into the bottom of the sole (supposedly for more shot power), and it's a very light boot without it...I feel faster on the field, I love it !!

I wouldnt go much lighter than a 9.5 or 10 ounce boot however...they are attributing many knee injuries and ankle problems to the very light boots now that dont give enough foot support when making cuts and turns.

Kaka1899- those Lotto Zhero's are damn near $300 here in the states.....they cant be better than the Adidas Predators that are almost half the price

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
7 coats? Dang, wouldn't that slow you down because of the extra weight? :D

As for the team I play for, it's just a social competition with my mates, nothing highly competitive. But for match preparation, I'm big into nutrition and hydration. Actually, I wrote up a document for my teammates with everything I advise re: pre-game meals and prep.

If you can't be bothered reading, basically what I say is that you need to drink plenty of water before a match, but stop about 30 minutes to an hour beforehand so you don't need to take a leak during the game. For a pre-match meal, pasta is perfect about 3-4 hours before kickoff, because it's full of carbs. In general, a lot of protein isn't good, and sugars/fats are obviously a no-go.
I like the compilation, Gray...but I have to disagree a bit about the protein factor.

I take in a good amount of protein before a match (usually 7 oz of beef along with 1.5 cups of rice 3 hours before gametime)

I find that beef is a slow burner, and will help sustain energy levels during the game

You definitely need high levels of protein pre and post training, and post game as well, to help repair the muscles

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Gray, I have the Adidas Predator FG, in black and red and I am extremely happy with them.

I took out the weight that goes into the bottom of the sole (supposedly for more shot power), and it's a very light boot without it...I feel faster on the field, I love it !!

I wouldnt go much lighter than a 9.5 or 10 ounce boot however...they are attributing many knee injuries and ankle problems to the very light boots now that dont give enough foot support when making cuts and turns.

Kaka1899- those Lotto Zhero's are damn near $300 here in the states.....they cant be better than the Adidas Predators that are almost half the price
In rossoneri? :shocked2:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Thanks for the boot info Vinnie, it's always good to hear about people's playing experiences with boots as opposed to website reviews.

I like the compilation, Gray...but I have to disagree a bit about the protein factor.

I take in a good amount of protein before a match (usually 7 oz of beef along with 1.5 cups of rice 3 hours before gametime)

I find that beef is a slow burner, and will help sustain energy levels during the game
That's fair enough, and I'm not saying that you should completely cut protein out of your meal, since protein is a daily dietary requirement.

But the amount of protein in a pre-match meal should just be low to moderate (as in no 500 gram steaks, because the main source of energy for long periods of exercise is glycogen.

You definitely need high levels of protein pre and post training, and post game as well, to help repair the muscles
Yep, I definitely agree about eating protein post-training and after a match, because it's essential for muscle repair (which I alluded to in the night-before-dinner protein recommendation).

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Ankle injuries maybe, knee injuries very unlikely.

Lotto Zhero's are cheaper here, but they don't even look like a great boot to me. I find the Adidas Absolute too expensive as well. I might be going for a leather version of he V1.06 (not at the original price of 170 euros though) or the Umbro Speciali, which oddly enough looks like a well crafted boot. I currently play with the Adidas Predator Mania, my all time favorite next to the Copa Mundial.

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
Ankle injuries maybe, knee injuries very unlikely.

Lotto Zhero's are cheaper here, but they don't even look like a great boot to me. I find the Adidas Absolute too expensive as well. I might be going for a leather version of he V1.06 (not at the original price of 170 euros though) or the Umbro Speciali, which oddly enough looks like a well crafted boot. I currently play with the Adidas Predator Mania, my all time favorite next to the Copa Mundial.
Footware has great effect on risk of ankle and knee injury!

I myself had knee-Cap dislocation 3 Times!!! :) Has anyone experienced it? (I wish no one experience it!!!) After 1st time recovered, then twisted knee again (Like Owen did *Ouch* ) on another leg, Oh its gets swollen :( you cannot bend your knee not even fot 1 degree, Then recovered thanks to one DOCTOR!!! who had his own some kind of a paste-medicine. (no need of taking the liquid out of my knee with needlesS:) Oh God bless him! .. THEN STARTED to play again!!! And Twisted again the other leg!!! And after that I'm finished:)))) No balls anymore:)

Believe me if this happens nothing helps to recover same form, only surgery and it may happen again any time;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)