Football Boots! (5 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
gray said:
Because everyone's already posted the boots they have, and people don't buy new ones that often
I do about every six months.

Anyway, what do people who have played with them think of the Nike Legends?
I kind of detest Nike, but I'm looking for a K-leather boot that offers me some support. I'm not in for Adidas Absolutes, because I want the leather to be all around. No fancy tricks, just leather.

un altro alex

Jan 15, 2006
Seven said:

I kind of detest Nike, but I'm looking for a K-leather boot that offers me some support. I'm not in for Adidas Absolutes, because I want the leather to be all around. No fancy tricks, just leather.
Well they're probably my favorite boots, not that I've tried many, but my Total 90s don't seem to equal the response i get from the Legends. You get a lot of power, and the shoe seems to grasp your foot, giving you good mobility. Then again, maybe i got a size to small :D
but i, even though having a limited knowledge, would reccomend them. I haven't played in them for a while since i've abandoned proper soccer for futsal, and I already miss them.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Seven said:

the nike legends are good, comfortable, the leather is good quality too, and they're not as heavy as they look, you can get some speed with them, if its support you want, they wont let you down

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
un altro alex said:
there's always the question of Puma's durability

plus the legends look cooler :p
The puma's are also K-leather and are a lot lighter. Normally I wouldn't care for the weight, but I have been training in Puma boots recently and I have to admit it does make a difference. Especially as they are A LOT lighter. Furthermore they would only be my "game boot". Call me crazy, but I don't train and play games with the same boots.

Anyway, it's between the Puma King Exec and the Nike Legend for me.

I always buy Copa Mundials, so they're a certainty :D.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Seven said:

A close friend of mine has always bought preds. Last year, he got the white/red Nike Legend. It took him a while to get used to the legend. However, despite being a huge Ronaldinho fan, he still admitted that he prefers the Adidas predators (not the latest preds though).

Just an opinion.

Boots fit differently on different people. Anyway, he's got a wider foot, and he depends on high technique plays like chips and backheels. He's not a runner like zambrotta for example.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
Seven said:
Great boots I've been told, but serious durability issues. They'll be useless within three months, if not sooner. Puma are getting lots of attention from me these days though. Puma King Exec looks to be the next boot I'm buying (I always stick to K-leather anyway).
Stay away from the Pumas :D

Durability is close to zero.. Believe me, a month in and you'd have an amazing air circulation system built in for your toes..

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Nawaf said:
Stay away from the Pumas :D

Durability is close to zero.. Believe me, a month in and you'd have an amazing air circulation system built in for your toes..
They're K-leather though. And I would use them once a week for 90 minutes. That's really not much.

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
Seven said:
They're K-leather though. And I would use them once a week for 90 minutes. That's really not much.
Don't know what type of leather my old pumas were, but they certainly weren't built to last :D

I don't know.. wouldn't trust puma ever again meself..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm looking to get a new pair of boots. I'm working these days so I'm willing to spend a bit more. What do you think of USD $145/GBP £75 for Predator Absolute TRX FG? The picture below is the SG version.

Kaka1899

Jan 24, 2007
i have the same pair of boots but mine are the white and balck ones with a bit of red on them they are a superb boot the upper is quite durable but needs regular care (but i guess u wud know that) excelletnt for a more powerful type of shot if you can hit it on the boots 'sweet spot' im not sure if the Curling grips work much more compared witht the older versions though, there a good sturdy all rounder boot. i you want Adidas have you considred the new F50+?

Kaka1899

Jan 24, 2007
i know there not brand spanking new anymore but has anybody got a pair of the Lotto Zhero Gravity boots (the one with no laces) im considering savig up for some but i wanted to know what they were like before investing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)