Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao (1 Viewer)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yep that's the problem, you can get rewarded for being cautious and defensive as fuck, feel bad for Manny but he was really naive to think that he was winning the fight going into the last rounds just because he was the more active boxer.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yep that's the problem, you can get rewarded for being cautious and defensive as fuck, feel bad for Manny but he was really naive to think that he was winning the fight going into the last rounds just because he was the more active boxer.
That's one thing I love about MMA. Not being active can lose you points.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
As someone who's never properly watched boxing before, even for me I could see it was pretty clear that Floyd outclassed Manny, just too good.

kind of underwhelming though

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
That's one thing I love about MMA. Not being active can lose you points.
Yeah when an MMA match is in full swing it's a lot better than this, problem is when you have the MMA equivalent of cautious fighters it can be 3 rounds of 2 guys on the floor. One lying in full guard petrified to do anything, the other guy doing fuck all either. I would honestly love a more brutal contact sport to be mainstream, one that encouraged being the aggressor without the BJJ/wrestling ground work to go with it.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah when an MMA match is in full swing it's a lot better than this, problem is when you have the MMA equivalent of cautious fighters it can be 3 rounds of 2 guys on the floor. One lying in full guard petrified to do anything, the other guy doing fuck all either. I would honestly love a more brutal contact sport to be mainstream, one that encouraged being the aggressor without the BJJ/wrestling ground work to go with it.
My favorite fights are when guys go to the ground. Especially if they are high level wrestlers or BJJ guys. But at the same time, you can have the fights where 2 guys circle each other the whole time. Or fights where one guy chases the other around the ring. Machida v Rampage is a great example.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I respect the technical side of course, but yeah sometimes I give up on fights when both fighters are 100% focused on not losing rather than actually winning.

Boxing, whilst I am a fan, does seem to cater to being cautious. And the heavyweight division is absolutely diabolical so you can't even follow that in the hope of seeing two heavy hitters trying to Knock each other out at any given moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)