Flanger or Phase Shifter (1 Viewer)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
OK guitar players, if you had a choice, would you go for a Boss BF-3 Flanger or a Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter? I usually play classic rock, and I'm looking for that Floyd tone. The phaser thing I have currently is junk (it's in a Digitech effects board thing), and I need something new. I can't tell the difference between a Flange or Phaser, but maybe you can? Please help me here.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 14, 2003
Try them both out at the music shop but I would get the Flanger, I don't like Phaser effect. Also, the Flanger is perfect for Pink Floyd.

OP
Max

Max

Jul 15, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    I've tried them already, but I couldn't tell the difference and the guy in the store didn't really help (he was talking me into the phase shifter which is more expensive but meh). I'll take your advice and go with a Flanger.

Thanks man.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    im not sure what a phase shifter is but it might just be a fancy word for phaser. flanging is one of the different kinds of phasing out there.

its basically like a very quick single-step delay.

it creates a slight "phase lag": takes the original sound, and replays it a few milliseconds later, kinda like overlapping the waves.

phasers create a larger "phase lag".

OP
    Max

Max

Jul 15, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    Alright, I'm going with the Flanger, thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)