Flamini (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Milan in the red
Friday 25 April, 2008

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has today spoken to shareholders, revealing the Via Turati club to be £24m in the red.

The 63-year old who, since Silvio Berlusconi stepped down earlier this week, has taken the role of President in all but name, moved to reassure the Rossoneri's worried investors.

“To get the books back in order it would be enough to sell Kaka to Real Madrid for £55m,” remarked Galliani to the consternation of Milan's money men.

Shareholders are believed to be angry at the club's recent form on the pitch and in the transfer market.

According to a report in Italian newspaper La Stampa, some investors are unwilling to contribute money to this summer's transfer budget.

Galliani refused to accept all the blame, insisting that they were just as responsible for the Diavolo's current troubles.

“Last year they begged me to renew Dida's contract and adhere to the requests of Emerson, Cafu, Serginho and Favalli.”

Milan have been labelled an old side of late and criticised for not investing enough in young talent, Alexandre Pato aside.

But Galliani defended the Rossoneri's policy, saying: “Footballers are like cars, their condition changes year on year.”

The Diavolo have recently been heavily linked with troubled Barcelona forward Ronaldinho. The 28-year-old has been in limbo this year, but Galliani believes he can get back to his best.

“At the moment he reminds me of when he was at Paris Saint-Germain in 2003. I don't think he'd have a problem playing in the UEFA Cup either. Luca Toni has for Bayern Munich.

Channel 4

they cant afford Flamini.

Jun 13, 2007
I don't know about the rest of you guys but even if the Flamster doesn't pick Juve I wouldn't be too frustrated. I think our defensive midfield area is covered relatively better than most of the other areas in our team. We need fullbacks more than anything right now, world class fullbacks too.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't know about the rest of you guys but even if the Flamster doesn't pick Juve I wouldn't be too frustrated. I think our defensive midfield area is covered relatively better than most of the other areas in our team. We need fullbacks more than anything right now, world class fullbacks too.

Have we been linked to any though as strong as we have been linked with Mids and Strikers? Besides Barzagli, how many defenders have we been seriously linked with? Remember those times when Moggi would surprise us, "oh we just signed Cannavaro for pretty much nothing, oh we just signed Ibrahimovic for a great price?" Then there is Secco who loses what feels like 90% of the players we are after to other clubs. Looks like we lost Flamini (not certain yet), Piatti might go to Napoli, Diego to Inter spain or stayng with Werder, Van der Vaart (spain?), we might even get outbid for Amauri (which some of you are hoping for). Or am I crazy and dreaming all this? Flamini at least would be a steal even though we are covered in the Def Mid area b/c he would be free. You cant beat that. I am frustrated.:(

Jun 13, 2007
Like I said, it would be great to get Flamini but he isn't really the type of player we desperately need. We could use him without a doubt but do we really need him as much as we need a right back or a left back?

Realistically, we don't have the management to pull of a deal like signing Flamini for free. That's why I wouldn't be too shocked if we lose out in the end.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
squad depth is need for CL right? BUT id say we are well shy of that in defense and agree, id be looking to sign some outside backs to support our attack, I am tired of seeing Molinaro sprint up the side and in the end not be able to give a decent cross into the box. Plus we need an AM b/c Camo cant do that every game, he is a winger. Good point and Good point.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Like I said, it would be great to get Flamini but he isn't really the type of player we desperately need. We could use him without a doubt but do we really need him as much as we need a right back or a left back?

Realistically, we don't have the management to pull of a deal like signing Flamini for free. That's why I wouldn't be too shocked if we lose out in the end.
I agree but its too good of an oppurtunity not to take up espicially considering Nocerino's lack of calibre.. We dont need him at all costs but he is a world class player IMO and considering it's a free transfer, it wouldnt hurt things to say the least and im sure he could contribute a hell of a lot to us.. TBH i just hope uncle fester doesnt get his ugly little hands on him

Jun 13, 2007
I agree but its too good of an oppurtunity not to take up espicially considering Nocerino's lack of calibre.. We dont need him at all costs but he is a world class player IMO and considering it's a free transfer, it wouldnt hurt things to say the least and im sure he could contribute a hell of a lot to us.. TBH i just hope uncle fester doesnt get his ugly little hands on him
I for one, have faith in Marchisio. I have seen some of his games and he always outclassed the rest of the players. If he can step up and live up to his potential then I think our midfield area is well-covered.

Don't get me wrong, I still would love to see Flamini is a Juve jersey. I doubt he will go to Milan in any case.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
I for one, have faith in Marchisio. I have seen some of his games and he always outclassed the rest of the players. If he can step up and live up to his potential then I think our midfield area is well-covered.

Don't get me wrong, I still would love to see Flamini is a Juve jersey. I doubt he will go to Milan in any case.
so do I.. I've spent countless hours downloading U21 games and Empoli matches watching him closely and as i've said before i can see why our very own legend Buffon rates him so highly.. I don't think Flamini's arrival would restrict him that much given if Nocerino were to be sold because between Flamini and Sissoko, i see many cards and suspensions, not to mention the referees take a liking to Zanetti who is already 31.. TBH i've seen marchisio impress imore n the 4-3-3 which is another factor considering he isnt limited to DM at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)