Flamini (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
I like Flamini, he seems to be a very good midfielder.
I've said again that I belive that a Flamini-Sissoko duo will be great defensively but won't our midfield be so much one-dimensional?:confused:

I hope we can sign Flamini together with a creative attacking mid(like Diego ) and maybe play the 4-3-1-2 so the midfield will be something like this.

---------Camoranesi-Sissoko-Flamini----------(as central midfielders)

-------------------Diego-----------------------(With giovinco as a sub)

in the midfield Camo sometimes will operate as a winger going wide.
And we will have Marchisio,Nocerino and Zanneti as subs.
Add to this that there will be attacking help from the backs(Zebina is good going forward, and the same goes for De Ceglie or Grosso who are possibloe transfers)
I think that's a decent midfield

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Gazzetta dello sport (who are disgustingly pro-Milan) claim that Flamini would choose Milan if the choice is between Milan and Juventus.

Why, according to gazzetta, for every single player in the world Milan are the first choice ?

Jun 13, 2007
-------------------Momo--------------------
----------------Flamini-------------------------------------
---------Camo-----------------------------------Giovinco-------------------
----------------------------------ALex----------------------------------
----------------------------Trez-----------------------------------------

May 19, 2007
-------------------Momo--------------------
----------------Flamini-------------------------------------
---------Camo-----------------------------------Giovinco-------------------
----------------------------------ALex----------------------------------
----------------------------Trez-----------------------------------------
would be really nice...

--------------------------Buffon--------------------------------
----------------Mellberg-------Chiellini------------------------
-Grygera----------------------------------------------Zambo-
------------------------Momo-----------------------------------
-----------------------------Flamini-----------------------------
---------Camo-----------------------------------Giovinco-----
----------------------------------ALex--------------------------
----------------------------Trez---------------------------------

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Well thats my opinion. At least hes an average player when in comes to our needs as a team right now. Fred said it best, as he detailed what he could and could not do.

The biggest argument against bringing him is that we are not increasing the quality in the midfield by a large margin. We will have sissoko and flamini in the midfield. Ultimately we will suffer with the lack of creativity coming from the central midfield.

I am not saying that marchisio should play, i know he will need to force himself on the coach and the team with his performances. but we are bringing the same type of player who is fairly young as well. How is that not damaging his chances of playing ?
And about rotating them then the consistency factor and the quality factor come into play again.

Exactly spot on
I see where your coming from, Flams is a very good player, theres no doubting his quality. But in your case you dont need him, he is a bit too similar to Sissoko, and when you think of it i'm not sure they would function well together as they offer similar qualities. Its like us bringing in Iniesta to play alongside Cesc, theres no doubting Iniesta's ability, but he is too similar to Cesc.

Jul 5, 2005
Juve step up Flamini chase
Tuesday 22 Apr 2008

Visit the brand new Sponsored By You website now for home nations exclusives and giveaways...

Serie A giants Juventus have stepped up their interest in Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini.

The 24-year-old France international is out of contract at the end of this season and is still to agree a new deal with the Gunners.

Reports in Italy claim Juventus will hand Flamini a five-year contract, and the club's director Jean-Claude Blanc is confident a deal can be agreed.

"This is an important player who we have been chasing for some time," he told Corriere dello Sport.

"And it will have to be good to take him because many teams are interested.

"In order to convince champions you need to take into account their ambitions. To get champions you have to think big."

Flamini has spent the last four years with Arsenal following his move from Marseille. He has made more than 150 appearances for the club although it is only this season that he has become a first-team regular.
Always know the score on Face

http://www.4thegame.com/club/arsenal-fc/news/217619/juve_step_up_flamini_chase.html

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I have my doubts about Flamini. No doubt he's having an excellent season, but before this season he's been crap. You can say that he's grown as a player, gained confidence, and is playing with continuity, etc. But I have a feeling that certain players that look great with Arsenal probably wouldn't be great at other clubs, like Flamini and Hleb for example. I think that they are playing the way they are because Wenger knows them inside out, their strengths and weaknesses and knows what system to play them in.

In short, I think it's in Flamini's and Juve's best interest that he stays at Arsenal. Then again, being a free transfer, he may be worth the risk, as long as his wages don't take away from other possible transfers.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
I have my doubts about Flamini. No doubt he's having an excellent season, but before this season he's been crap. You can say that he's grown as a player, gained confidence, and is playing with continuity, etc. But I have a feeling that certain players that look great with Arsenal probably wouldn't be great at other clubs, like Flamini and Hleb for example. I think that they are playing the way they are because Wenger knows them inside out, their strengths and weaknesses and knows what system to play them in.

In short, I think it's in Flamini's and Juve's best interest that he stays at Arsenal. Then again, being a free transfer, he may be worth the risk, as long as his wages don't take away from other possible transfers.
Wenger rationed Flamini's starts to such an extent that he was unable to strike a good relationship on the field with his teammates. Now he is all but a regular at the Emirates he is showing his true class.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yeah, I said that may have been one of his reasons for not looking so good last year, but I beleive that outside of Arsenal, without Wenger's guidance, he mightn't be as good a player. Look at Adebayor, when Wenger signed him, he had something like 1 goal in 19 games for Monaco. Wenger can make ordinary players look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)