Flamini (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Surely you haven't watched him play lately in Arsenal, do you?
A friend of mine is an Arsenal supporter and he's very angry that Flamini hasn't signed a contract because he plays very good at the moment.
Don't base your facts on bullshit, like saying he's an average player.
Well thats my opinion. At least hes an average player when in comes to our needs as a team right now. Fred said it best, as he detailed what he could and could not do.

That's bullshit. If we end up with both Marchisio and Flamini, they'll both get their chances to shine, in Viareggio and in Stadio Olympico. If Flamini tends to fail, than Marchisio will play and vice versa. Ranieri did the same thing with Almiron and Tiago for the benefit of Nocerino and Zanetti. It would be great to have Marchisio, De Ceglie and Giovinco in our starting team. But they aren't playing for a mediocre team anymore. This is Juventus and we only want the best. Therefor, like Osman posted, there is not a single valid reason to say no to Flamini.
The biggest argument against bringing him is that we are not increasing the quality in the midfield by a large margin. We will have sissoko and flamini in the midfield. Ultimately we will suffer with the lack of creativity coming from the central midfield.

I am not saying that marchisio should play, i know he will need to force himself on the coach and the team with his performances. but we are bringing the same type of player who is fairly young as well. How is that not damaging his chances of playing ?
And about rotating them then the consistency factor and the quality factor come into play again.
That is true, Zanetti has better vision than Flamini and he's a better passer, Flamini is more mobile, and covers more space. They are different players, if you want to compare Flams to anyone in Juve, he is similar to Sissoko.
Exactly spot on

Jul 2, 2006
Juventus managing director Jean-Claude Blanc says he is confident of pippin AC Milan to the signing of Matthieu Flamini, and reveals that the Arsenal midfielder was a supporter of the Bianconeri as a child.

It is looking increasingly likely that French star Flamini will be leaving the Emirates Stadium at the end of the season.

The 23-year-old, who is now regarded as one of Europe’s best defensive midfielders, has still to sign an extension to his Arsenal contract that runs out in June.

Gunners manager Arsene Wenger, who has given Flamini a deadline to sign up or leave, is now almost resigned to losing him.

Juventus and Milan are the two main teams tussling for his signature, but it is the former who are believed to be in pole position.

“We have the advantage,” said Blanc.

“As a child Flamini was a supporter of Juve. We have a sporting project in place, and we will be in the Champions League. Milan will not.”

Flamini, who has Italian ancestry, has stated on numerous occasions in the past that it is his intention to play in Serie A at some point of his career.

Gianni Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)