Flamini (38 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Sissoko is not injury prone and zanetti was pretty consistent for us this season.

My issue with him is his passing as i dont see it as much of an improvement over zanetti. I actually think zanetti has a better vision.

We need a world class complete midfielder to partner sissoko in the middle. I dont think the best choice is flamini and we would be seriously damaging marchisio's chances of development.

I dont mind him that much of a player but we already have average players in our team we don't anymore. We need players that would actually add value.
Surely you haven't watched him play lately in Arsenal, do you?
A friend of mine is an Arsenal supporter and he's very angry that Flamini hasn't signed a contract because he plays very good at the moment.
Don't base your facts on bullshit, like saying he's an average player.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
How can you say that we need an attacking midfielder?
I can't see Ranieri changing 4-4-2 so fast...
How can I say that? because without Camoranesi our midfield was completely shit, with Nedved the only 1 providing any spark...we struggled to unlock the smaller teams who came out defending from the 1st minute of the match...we beat the big teams because it was much more open contest...we are only doing well now because Ale is in red-hot form and Camo is pulling the strings in the middle of the park...so unless we sign another player who can deliver the killer pass, we will have to keep Camo as CM or struggle in our Scudeeto/CL challenge

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
isn't bad at this, isn't bad at that...he would still be a compromise on what we really need...an attacking midfielder!
That shows how short-seeing some people are. First of all, we don't necessarily need a creative midfielder. It just depends on the playing system, and we simply do not play with a creative midfielder. if this is bad or good is another question, and of course every football-loving person enjoys watching some ronaldinho or kaka distributing the goal-balls up front, but a lot of successful teams (including ourselves) proove that a Creative midfielder as such is not necessarily needed.
Then, the fact that you want to 'compromise' that.... well either you have a creative (A)M or you don't.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
That shows how short-seeing some people are. First of all, we don't necessarily need a creative midfielder. It just depends on the playing system, and we simply do not play with a creative midfielder. if this is bad or good is another question, and of course every football-loving person enjoys watching some ronaldinho or kaka distributing the goal-balls up front, but a lot of successful teams (including ourselves) proove that a Creative midfielder as such is not necessarily needed.
Then, the fact that you want to 'compromise' that.... well either you have a creative (A)M or you don't.
Yes forget an attacking midfielder, lets keep burdening Del Piero, Nedved and Camoranesi until they break down or burn out from playing day in and day out...do I need to remind u that all three are above 30? the current set of MFs cannot give a through pass to save their lives or are so horribly out of form that they are not worth starting the match

MadballJuve

Oct 8, 2007
Sissoko is not injury prone and zanetti was pretty consistent for us this season.

My issue with him is his passing as i dont see it as much of an improvement over zanetti. I actually think zanetti has a better vision.

We need a world class complete midfielder to partner sissoko in the middle. I dont think the best choice is flamini and we would be seriously damaging marchisio's chances of development.

I dont mind him that much of a player but we already have average players in our team we don't anymore. We need players that would actually add value.
That's bullshit. If we end up with both Marchisio and Flamini, they'll both get their chances to shine, in Viareggio and in Stadio Olympico. If Flamini tends to fail, than Marchisio will play and vice versa. Ranieri did the same thing with Almiron and Tiago for the benefit of Nocerino and Zanetti. It would be great to have Marchisio, De Ceglie and Giovinco in our starting team. But they aren't playing for a mediocre team anymore. This is Juventus and we only want the best. Therefor, like Osman posted, there is not a single valid reason to say no to Flamini.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Yes forget an attacking midfielder, lets keep burdening Del Piero, Nedved and Camoranesi until they break down or burn out from playing day in and day out...do I need to remind u that all three are above 30? the current set of MFs cannot give a through pass to save their lives or are so horribly out of form that they are not worth starting the match
Now we're getting to it, but this doesn't change the fact that we need or don't need a creative AM. Nevertheless, you have your points there, and in the long term, we definately need a replacement for them. But i fail to see where flamini can help there? as for camo, i believe he still can perform for a few seasons (imo, he's one of the best 10 in the world on his position), neddy clearly needs to be replaced but that will be up to someone like palla (?) or more likely giovinco. Del Piero clearly needs to be replaced too (big footsteps indeed...) but in none of the cases you stated, flamini can change anything.
In reality it looks quite the opposite; in the flamini position we have 2 players (noce, sisso) who are even younger than flamini.

1st things 1st, we need to get Almiron and Tiago into the EPL! :D
Agree wholeheartedly, let's sell them in a bundle; buy one, get one free, anyone? :)

Jun 13, 2007
Actually , we do need a creative midfielder , that is ofcourse , if we want to play creative football . If we were to play Capello's typical 4-4-2 with 2 DM , 2 wingers , and 2 attackers then no we actually have no use of a creative midfielder . I think one of the problems we were facing at the start of the season was the inablity to create plays . We actually suffered from that problem for years and it was never really solved . We would just suffice with watching hours of gruesome , disgusting , and boring football with Capello where we just relied on a set piece , or individualism from Ibra or Del piero . We were a bad team at creating chances because we had no creative midfielder , someone who can break down the opposition's defense and actually provide Trez(A player who has often been isolated upfront this season ) with some decent chances . Despite that , Trez has bagged 18 goals this season with the least of chances .

The statistics are there to prove it , Trez barely gets any shots on goal but when provided with the least of chances , he makes no mistake . Imagine this guy getting decent service .

I think little Giovinco , if employed correctly can solve so many of our problems , he can create those chances for Trez and ALex ( who wouldn't have to go back to midfield every time we are on the attack ) and that would mean us playing some attractive football and getting the best out of our strikers . As for Flamini , he is very much needed . Momo and Zanetti aren't enough .

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
bs rumour imo

Exclusive News: Flamini Will Stay At Arsenal

News has reached Gunners Live that French midfielder Mathieu Flamini has agreed a new contract with the club after 2 months of talks with boss Arséne Wenger.

Flamini was presented with the Player of the Season trophy for Herts & Beds Supporters Club. When asked by a fan if he was staying, he nodded his head and said yes!

Fonte: gunnerslive.wordpress.com
I hope this is true :xfinger:

That is true, Zanetti has better vision than Flamini and he's a better passer, Flamini is more mobile, and covers more space. They are different players, if you want to compare Flams to anyone in Juve, he is similar to Sissoko.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I hope this is true :xfinger:

That is true, Zanetti has better vision than Flamini and he's a better passer, Flamini is more mobile, and covers more space. They are different players, if you want to compare Flams to anyone in Juve, he is similar to Sissoko.
To be honest, I was amazed at seing the passing range of Zanetti...I always thought of him as the destroyer and clean-up guy of the midfield, but some of his assists this season would even put Pirlo to shame...Forza Zanetti! :rulz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)