Flamini (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Flamini>Zanetti IMO
Well i guess i can adjust my comment a bit. Its not black and white as i think they are not similar type of players.

I dont think that Flamini is much of an upgrade to zanetti, and i dont think flamini is the type of player we need. We already have Tiago and marhisio coming back ( who i think is exactly the same player as flamini but a much bigger prospect).

So why would we bring in a player that is so similar to the current crop of players we have ? If hes a replacement for Tiago then i completely disagree as i dont think he offers what we need in the midfield and i would prefer to keep Tiago.

Other than that i would prefer to give marchisio a shot or bring in a world class player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Flamini would add more to our attack than all of our current defensive midfielders.Plus he does a good job on the flanks from what ive seen.He isnt as one dimensional as the other destroyers we have.

MadballJuve

Oct 8, 2007
I don't see the point in bringing in Flamini we already have 3 defensive mids, and its completely pointless paying so much wage.
So what? We have Sissoko, Nocerino, Amiron, Tiago and Zanetti. Besides Sissoko and Zanetti, they will all be sold. Flamini is young, has experience in the CL and is very versitile for a defensive midfielder. Not making any efforts to get him would be realy stupid and should be considered as a crime. I'm suprised that he hasn't been linked with Real or Barcelona.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Flamini would add more to our attack than all of our current defensive midfielders.Plus he does a good job on the flanks from what ive seen.He isnt as one dimensional as the other destroyers we have.
Flamini is a far more complete midfielder than our other CMs.

A midfield of Camoranesi-Sissoko-Flamini-Nedved would be awesome and would give us the mobility in the centre that we lacked in the past, and which cost us in the CL.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Worse comes to worse, he becomes a LB, wouldn't be too bad a choice either.
I prefer to see him as a DM, but Flamini has added an advantage as a LB too. He can play there in case we become short of left backs next season

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I'm quite amazed at how Flamini performs as a LB despite it is not his natural position when Arsenal is depleted of left backs in their 2005-2006 season.

I will definitely use Flamini as a DM, and I'm sure he will fit pretty well at Juventus next season, providing addition choice for Zanetti who is starting to age. If we run out of left backs, then he can play there.

Good player to get for free. Moreover he has a lot of experience playing in Europe. I will welcome him with a heartbeat

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
why do people think we will keep Tiago? The guy is a poor player for us and does not fit into our system. He looks disinterested as well. Selling him is the best option.

And to the people say we have too many CMs. We only have Zanetti, Marchisio, and Sissoko. Zanetti is injury prone, so is Sissoko. Marchisio is young and has no experience in the CL. Flamini is great (look at what he did to Kaka) and he has CL experience. 4 CMs is not too much. Is the minimum we should have.

oh and playing with a Sissoko-Flamini center will not be so bad. Both of them like to push up and help the attack.

Getting Flamini wil also save us alot of money which we can use to get a good fullback.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Flamini is a DM.
But he isn't bad coming forward.

I mean just take a look at Sissoko.
That guy is a DM and he's a killer, but he isn't that bad coming for neither.
Sissoko was thought to have been purely defensive but he has shown attacking abilities, Flamini might be capable of decent attack given how Ranieri handles him, i'm not saying hes a Diego but i dont think Flamini-Sissoko would be too flat considering we have camo and Seba/Neddy on the wings

Jul 15, 2006
Yes, he would add that more attack. But if were going to buy a player for attacking might as well buy a player who's more like a playmaker or a winger.

So what? We have Sissoko, Nocerino, Amiron, Tiago and Zanetti. Besides Sissoko and Zanetti, they will all be sold. Flamini is young, has experience in the CL and is very versitile for a defensive midfielder. Not making any efforts to get him would be realy stupid and should be considered as a crime. I'm suprised that he hasn't been linked with Real or Barcelona.
So you're saying Sissoko, Tiago, and Zanetti do not have CL Experience, in fact they probably have more Champions League experience than Flamini, pointless because Zanetti, Nocerino, and Sissoko is more than enough cover there. However, there is no alternative to Tiago who has struggled and could probably use some help with us buying an attacking player in the mercato instead.

Jul 2, 2006
bs rumour imo

Exclusive News: Flamini Will Stay At Arsenal

News has reached Gunners Live that French midfielder Mathieu Flamini has agreed a new contract with the club after 2 months of talks with boss Arséne Wenger.

Flamini was presented with the Player of the Season trophy for Herts & Beds Supporters Club. When asked by a fan if he was staying, he nodded his head and said yes!

Fonte: gunnerslive.wordpress.com

MadballJuve

Oct 8, 2007
Yes, he would add that more attack. But if were going to buy a player for attacking might as well buy a player who's more like a playmaker or a winger.

So you're saying Sissoko, Tiago, and Zanetti do not have CL Experience, in fact they probably have more Champions League experience than Flamini, pointless because Zanetti, Nocerino, and Sissoko is more than enough cover there. However, there is no alternative to Tiago who has struggled and could probably use some help with us buying an attacking player in the mercato instead.
You don't here me saying anything bad about Sissoko, do you? Tiago should be sold immediately! Zanetti has a lot of experience, that's why I'd love him to stay with us. But let's face it, he isn't getting any younger, he's a bit injury prone and I don't see him play Serie A and CL combined. Now we have quantity in central midfield, next season I want quality, worldclass quantity.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
why do people think we will keep Tiago? The guy is a poor player for us and does not fit into our system. He looks disinterested as well. Selling him is the best option.

And to the people say we have too many CMs. We only have Zanetti, Marchisio, and Sissoko. Zanetti is injury prone, so is Sissoko. Marchisio is young and has no experience in the CL. Flamini is great (look at what he did to Kaka) and he has CL experience. 4 CMs is not too much. Is the minimum we should have.

oh and playing with a Sissoko-Flamini center will not be so bad. Both of them like to push up and help the attack.

Getting Flamini wil also save us alot of money which we can use to get a good fullback.
Sissoko is not injury prone and zanetti was pretty consistent for us this season.

My issue with him is his passing as i dont see it as much of an improvement over zanetti. I actually think zanetti has a better vision.

We need a world class complete midfielder to partner sissoko in the middle. I dont think the best choice is flamini and we would be seriously damaging marchisio's chances of development.

I dont mind him that much of a player but we already have average players in our team we don't anymore. We need players that would actually add value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)