Flamini (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2004
Tuesday 1 April, 2008
Arsenal midfield star Mathieu Flamini will join Juventus this summer, according to French newspaper L’Equipe.

The 24-year-old’s contract at the Emirates Stadium expires at the end of the season and he has refused to sign a new deal, reportedly rejecting a lucrative five-year offer.

The news that Flamini is ready to leave London has prompted a flurry of interest in Italy with Milan, Inter and Juventus all believed to be chasing his signature.

Reports from France suggest that the Marseille youth product has snubbed the Nerazzurri and Rossoneri and already come to a provisional agreement with the Old Lady.

Juve are looking to add to their midfield options with summer signings Tiago Mendes and Sergio Almiron having failed to make their mark.

The Cadetti champions have already added former Liverpool man Mohamed Sissoko to the ranks and could pull off another English swoop.

Should Flamini arrive at the Stadio Olimpico it would surely silence whispers linking Juve with Chelsea’s Frank Lampard.

Flamini has made over 100 appearances for Arsenal since joining the Gunners in 2004.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr1g.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Yeaaaaaaaaaaa,and who vil create? Camo on right flank?
Face it, we're not gonna have a creative CM with Ranieri in charge, so the creativity will have to come from the wings. So yes from Camo and whoever will be on the leftside, maybe Nedved maybe a new player.

Fabregas23

Mar 19, 2006
Flamini is a decent player who has performed an important role for Arsenal this season but in my opinion he is an average player with lots passion that gives the impression he's some sort of warrior.

He is a fighter to an extent but he's also alot bark sometimes and no bite. He has poor mobility, balance, and is clumsy and unsubtle in the tackle.

If you looked at him against Chelsea last week he looked one-paced and a bit of a carthorse when Chelsea upped the tempo.

He would get time in Italy though so his lack of inherent technique would not get exposed as much.

Still, if he goes, no massive loss for Arsenal ability wise. I feel we need a naturally physically imposing player in there anyway. Someone good in the air and effortlessly imposing, because Fabregas is quite slow and one-paced defensively as well.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
a day of real mixed reports on this,one one hand i would be glad to get flamini but with the proviso that we then attempted to get a play-maker like diego in. on the other is another midfield battler what we really need?are we gonna end up like Juve under capello again?

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
This wont be a bad move.For starters,there would be not transfer fee involved.If we sell Nocerino,we make a profit.,which would mean that none of the funds that we might have allocated for someone like VDV,Diego etc would be disturbed.

We're getting a better and more versatile player than Nocerino.Im all for it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
a day of real mixed reports on this,one one hand i would be glad to get flamini but with the proviso that we then attempted to get a play-maker like diego in. on the other is another midfield battler what we really need?are we gonna end up like Juve under capello again?
Well, it will be something close to it.
Lets face it, we were never a team like Milan where technique and creativity were more important than the fighting spirit.
Even before Capello, and this year also, we are a combative team and the unit makes us strong, not the individuals.
We had teams where Del Piero was the only magician and we had a team where Del Piero-Zidane had the creative job in the team. The other 8/9 plyers (+the goalkeeper) were always fighters, non-stop runners.

And to be honest, this was a good recipe to win serie A. Inter play our system, our tactics and they lead serie A for two years in a row.
Actually, apart from Milan in 2004, this kind of football is the football that wins you serie A in the new millenium. Not the football Spalletti and Ancelotti prefer, but the good old boring 4-4-2 is the formation that wins at the end.

Yeah, i know, CL is the problem. But as Liverpool have successfully proven in the last 3-4 years, even with Capellish teams you can do good in CL.

Just like all the others, i like that #10 trequartista that will win us the matches single-handedly but since it doesn't look like happening, i'd have to accept the 4-4-2 (far from being my favorite formation) and hope that at least we'll buy world class players to play this formation.
Flamini is a good start. Free agent that leaves us money for more transfers, young, proven in EPL and CL (he destroyed Kaka), he won't have problems in serie A because he's a player that can do good in any league.
Good signing if we sign him.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
@alen

milan have 3 dmc in starting eleven and most boring team in serie imo.
This year they are, no doubt about that.
But even i, as their #1 hater, must admit that back in 2004, 2005 and 2006 they played the sweetest football in Europe with tons of creativity, lots of passing and midfield domination.
Even last year in CL their 4-3-2-1 formation was doing wonders.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
ßöмßäяðîëя;1602071 said:
Not as boring as Juve.
As hard as it is to believe, this year they are.
I'm really shocked to see Milan so clueless, playing the long balls from their part of the field to Ambrosini in opponents box
(Ambrosini plays as their striker :shocked: )

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
well he isn't doing a good job on that matter , he's playing football probably his whole life and still doesn't know how to pass the ball ,he might get better in couple of seasons or he may not.

We need improvements immediately
i say like palladino give em a chance next season if it doesnt work out sell them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)