Flamengo To Sign Juventus' Olivera (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
how can moggi allow this???not loaning olivera to another club after the empoli incident was already a mistake,and now they're thinking of selling him??

this'd better be a piece of soccerage crap:groan:

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
how can moggi allow this???not loaning olivera to another club after the empoli incident was already a mistake,and now they're thinking of selling him??

this'd better be a piece of soccerage crap:groan:
Why not sell him? It's pretty obvious that Lippi isn't going to give him any first team chances, so let's sell him, there's no point in keeping him if he's not oing to play, especially because he's taking up a Non-EU spot.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

It's pretty obvious that Lippi isn't going to give him any first team chances,
he might if he really impressed while on loan,whch i think he will.

besides i doubt we'd get much from selling him to flamengo :groan:

Jul 12, 2002
I don't see why he would impress on loan any more so than in training. I mean, Neddy clearly needs to be spelled sometimes, and Olivera is the one to do it, so if he had the capability, then he'd be put in. I really don't see him becoming anything great. But, I'd also like to hedge my bets against somekind of Henry fiasco happening again.

Aug 1, 2003
I would only be happy if we get another guy who has no EU passport (like gonzalito) and I wouldn't mind selling Olivera. But if we won't, I'd like to keep him... although I actually really don't mind selling him. I mean, what's the big deal? He'll have much more games at Flamengo and its not like we REALLY need him that much

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Why don't we just get rid of Salas? but then again, that isn't very easy to do. :undecide:

Ruben needs a chance!

Jul 28, 2002
ruben shoulda gon opn loan...whatever the mix up was may have cost him dearly...cos by going to flamengo i reckon we will loose him.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
ruben shoulda gon opn loan...whatever the mix up was may have cost him dearly...cos by going to flamengo i reckon we will loose him.
But what is the difference? We will either lose him on the bench or lose him in Brazil. I see no real difference, and I'd much rather give Ruben a chance to have the career he deserves.

Jul 12, 2002
He was supposed to go on loan to some Serie A club, but he didn't show up for training, so they sent him back.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
the first time i saw olivera,i was reminded of quaresma's flair and class.i may be wrong of course,but if he really becomes anything like a quaresma at flamengo i'll personally fly to turin and kick moggi's butt for letting him go.

Aug 1, 2003
yes, I think his move to flamengo is okay as he's not doing anything big here at Juve at all. Might as well let him develop himself somewhere else. A loan would be nice, but a sell would not hurt badly.

Now, let's think of how to get rid salas ...

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
According to calciomercato.com and gazzetta.it, Ruben Olivera is loaned to Atletico-Madrid until June 2004.

I guess we'll get Blasi back if his sentence is reduced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)