Final | Portugal - Greece (1 Viewer)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
juve never played like that?
Greece 's players gave their heart's to it and posseses no stars,
its an ex for all the big teams,
that u cant win always by the name
and some times u sould just sh*t up and play football.
Honestly i really prefer big teams too in the final,
but if portogul is one of them,
then Greece may be the other!

Buy on AliExpress.com

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I agree. If Greece tried to play "pretty football", they would have gone home after the group stage. Hell, they probably wouldn't have made it in the first place. They simply don't have the talent for it. They are playing the way they need to in order to win, who can fault them for that?

Portugal and the Dutch both won shootouts to advance. Greece hasn't had to do this. What they did do was beat teams that have more talent then they do and were huge favorites. I don't see any reason why it should end now, although it very well might.

May 17, 2003
FFS...........................................................................................These major tournaments are getting really boring now.....NO OFFENCE TO GREECE.............But it just aint the same no more.....Including the 2002 WC...............Its all just boring, full os shyt...................The last real enjoyment of a major tournament was definately Euro 2000....fvck that was the times....absolutely sensational..it had everything....Now i'd just rather forget about WC 2002 and maybe even Euro 2004...Just full of crap...
Anyways... Go portugal, just becoz they're the hosts..Nothing against Greece though..

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
"I hope both teams lose."...

"don't care anymore"...

"A stupid final..."

I hate to say this, but these attitudes only confirm all the criticisms given about Euro-centric WC 2002 whining.

With attitudes like these, I hope the usual favorites lose big in WC 2006 and every tournament thereafter. Fair-weather football fans who cannot stomach their perennial favorites losing are hereby welcome to turn their tails and abandon the sport to follow volleyball from now on.

That is all.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
i dont care who wins it. this season and this euro2004 have been totally dissapointing.
Would you say it's the season and the tournament that have been disappointing? Or more has it been the usual favorite teams and/our your personal favorites that have been disappointing?

There's a big difference between the two. If anything, I've found this season and this Euro quite liberating, as it's demonstrated that fat, dumb, happy, and overpaid doesn't cut it and that you have to prove it on the pitch every day.

One measure of a sport's health is the degree in which outcomes aren't a formality (why bother holding a tournament otherwise?) and the level of competition ensures there are no automatic winners.

Jul 19, 2003
Of course it's disappointing for people who saw their favorite teams being ousted. What's so hard to comprehend about that? Is everyone required to support either Portugal or Greece in this final? It's quite natural people are disappointed and don't care who wins since the teams they support are not playing.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
But 90+% of the supporters of favorite teams at any given Euro or WC are going to go home the losers. That's the nature and purpose of the tournament ... unless Blather does something idiotic like allow 16-way ties (and I wouldn't put it past him).

Therefore, under this logic, all Euro and WC tournaments are fated to be totally disappointing by definition. ...By their very existence.

If so, then what's the point of even saying something like that?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Hell yeah! Greece all the way!

I've had a lot of fun watching the Euro. Italy's knockout has been compensated by losses of England and France, and later in the quarters- of Denmark and Sweeden.

It seemed like the entire tournament was on the same ocean wave. I've injoyed it 100%.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
the only reason why i'd call a tournament a failure would be if the football was bad.the best teams don't have to always win.

this euro hasn't been all that bad.i've seen some great matches,and the czech rep-netherlands one was one of the best i've ever seen.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
Hell yeah! Greece all the way!

I've had a lot of fun watching the Euro. Italy's knockout has been compensated by losses of England and France, and later in the quarters- of Denmark and Sweeden.

It seemed like the entire tournament was on the same ocean wave. I've injoyed it 100%.
... and not only on the field, but on the stands too!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Its true that is not the same without the big teams in the final rounds... but it doenst means that the tournament was a total crap...

IMO it was very interesting and exciting..... another thing is that most of the teams that supposedly are superior were playing like shit.

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
But 90+% of the supporters of favorite teams at any given Euro or WC are going to go home the losers. That's the nature and purpose of the tournament ... unless Blather does something idiotic like allow 16-way ties (and I wouldn't put it past him).

Therefore, under this logic, all Euro and WC tournaments are fated to be totally disappointing by definition. ...By their very existence.

If so, then what's the point of even saying something like that?

I'm disappointed Holland lost, but I'll watch the final....even though I'm gonna be looking at a garbage online video stream. Don't get me wrong, any major tournament is exciting for me. I've been following WC tournaments for as long as I can remember and I've only seen my country in it once. Therefore, my favorite reaching the final or not is not a favor. However, I'm disappointed every time they don't make it.

Still I don't see why you think I should support a certain team in the final. Why can't I just watch and try to enjoy the match?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)