Films i hated but ppl loved (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
why u guys dont like the Blair witches series?...

i sure like it... i like almost all movies that try things on their own .. try to run away from Hollywood crap as far as they could... there are even people who actually thought the first one was true tape instead of film :eek: :LOL:

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
I don't like any of the Matrix films.

I used to like the first one, but after seeing it a couple of times I found it quite boring. And Reloaded was just a big waste of money for me. All this mumbo-jumbo philosophy just seems stupid. When I told some friends I hated it they said I "didn't understand it". Which just makes me smile, I mean there are more complicated films out there that I feel I've gotten a grasp of.

Maybe it's my ego that won't let me admit to not "understanding" a movie that's starred by Keanu Reeves. The guy played in Bill & Ted's Amazing Adventures for christ's sakes!!!

This whole "thing" that has evolved around the matrix and its question of reality bemuses me. I mean, it's just a hodge-podge of things stolen from philosophers here and there. I can't take it more seriously than people who want to make the Force into an official religion.

As far as Matrix:revolutions is concerned I won't bother spending money seeing it. I'm not going to repeat the mistake I did going to Reloaded. So I'm pretty muchg content with waiting 5 years or so for it to reach public acces tv here in Sweden.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sivori ] ++

Seems as though you weren't paying much attention. 'The Caesar (which means emperor) in the film was Marc Anthony (or Marcos Antonios) not Julius Caesar, who was the caesar before his time.

Marc Anthony is also portrayed by Sir Alec Guinness in The Fall of Rome
Oh, I thought it was Marcus Aurelius followed by his son Commodus...actual Emporers from about 160ish to 190 ish AD
"Ceaser" by about this time now meant "Prince"...Emperor was something like Divine Augustus....God I read far too much crap:down:

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sivori ] ++
I don't like any of the Matrix films.

I used to like the first one, but after seeing it a couple of times I found it quite boring. And Reloaded was just a big waste of money for me. All this mumbo-jumbo philosophy just seems stupid. When I told some friends I hated it they said I "didn't understand it". Which just makes me smile, I mean there are more complicated films out there that I feel I've gotten a grasp of.

Maybe it's my ego that won't let me admit to not "understanding" a movie that's starred by Keanu Reeves. The guy played in Bill & Ted's Amazing Adventures for christ's sakes!!!

This whole "thing" that has evolved around the matrix and its question of reality bemuses me. I mean, it's just a hodge-podge of things stolen from philosophers here and there. I can't take it more seriously than people who want to make the Force into an official religion.

As far as Matrix:revolutions is concerned I won't bother spending money seeing it. I'm not going to repeat the mistake I did going to Reloaded. So I'm pretty muchg content with waiting 5 years or so for it to reach public acces tv here in Sweden.
I haven't seen the second or third ones yet, but I'll take your advice and give them a miss...thanks

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

Couldn't figure out what all the fuss was over this movie
It was pretty damn profitable, considering it only cost spare change to make... and it showed :lazy::sleepy:

That movie made me dizzier than a rollercoaster

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Fair point...about the money side of things...just didn't give me the heebygeebbies in the slightest:frown:

Now Alien...when your thirteen...that'll scare the pants off you.

Maybe USA Juventini should have watched that with his girlfriend instead of Pretty Woman hehe

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
why u guys dont like the Blair witches series?...

i sure like it... i like almost all movies that try things on their own .. try to run away from Hollywood crap as far as they could... there are even people who actually thought the first one was true tape instead of film :eek: :LOL:

i diddn't watch the series, but i watched the 1st Blair witch movie and the way the film was shot was quite...... nausiating (spelling?? :confused: ) for me.... the camera shaking and all

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++

i diddn't watch the series, but i watched the 1st Blair witch movie and the way the film was shot was quite...... nausiating (spelling?? :confused: ) for me.... the camera shaking and all
yeah...err.... whats nausiating (spelling?? :confused: )

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
1- THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS: Holy shit,, i hated this movie so much and people loved it!!!. Just the cars were cool... but the movie sucked a lot!.

2-XXX:........... god... without words.

3-The last James Bond Movies

4-E.T. definitely

5-Signs

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Matrix (all of them)

Titanic

Star Wars (all of them)

K-Pax

Black Hawk Down

ET

Patch Adams

Armageddon

You've got Mail

Thin Red Line

5th Element

Godzilla

etc etc etc.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
well, glad nobody mentioned LOTR.. I'm a big Tolkein Fan..

those are the movies I hate:

1. All Arnold shwarzenegger Movies..

2. all horror movies with the same plot as "I know what you did last summer", "scream"..etc

3. Black Hawk down

4. Godfather Collection..

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Actually i dislike all American war movies to be honest.

Black Hawk down is a prime example.

Firstly that whole mission was wrong - killing thousands of Somalians to save few Americans. 18 American soldiers died in Mogadishu, but more than 1000 Somalians were killed by our troops- including women and children !

What a great world we live in.

I simply detest that movie with all my heart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)