Filip Kostić (55 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Frankly he needs to stay regardless of another winger or wingback coming in… we also should be exploring for example a 4-4-2 formation which could fit Cambiaso as starting LB and also both Kostic and Iling rotating for the LM spot, it might even work with a 4-3-3 if its an functional one with the right players around him.

However we are just too stubborn on this dysfunctional 3-5-2 to accept the reality that we don’t have the players for it aside from an abundance of CB’s.

Oct 23, 2011
A winger and a fullback? How does it work?
Kostic is too limited to play as a winger. He needs space to run into and put in a cross, without space in front of him he’s not going to beat a man.

My question was how this is going to work in a 352 which is the system we’ve always had to fall back on in the last 3 years. You can disagree with this but I still don’t think we have the players on the right nor do we have the depth on the wings + fullbacks to play 433.

Vespa6266

Aug 28, 2023
Kostic is too limited to play as a winger. He needs space to run into and put in a cross, without space in front of him he’s not going to beat a man.

My question was how this is going to work in a 352 which is the system we’ve always had to fall back on in the last 3 years. You can disagree with this but I still don’t think we have the players on the right nor do we have the depth on the wings + fullbacks to play 433.
so kostic is too limited but mandzukic was not? Lol

kostic and illing jr
cambiasso and alex shitdro

chiesa and weah
danilo and mckennie (out of position) but who cares rather him than chiesa or illing jr out of positon

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

If you attack with 5 across then he has space. If he has no space he can lay off to Cambiaso.

You can't just bench this guy. He had like twice as many assists as the next player last year.

I like inverted wingers who can dribble but if the LCM takes away their fullback with good runs like even Miretti does then Kostic doesnt have to dribble as much. Lots of teams play like this.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Why is no club willing to pay 15-20M for Kostic? His wages arent prohibitive, so why are clubs *reportedly* only proposing loans?
Because they know they can get him on loan and we will probably contribute to his wages.

We have done our usual and made it clear the player isn't wanted late in the window, so we have little bargaining power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)