Filip Kostić (4 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
il nuovo Lichtensteiner
Thats who came in mind when I watched him (I've only seen him play 2 full games so not a great sample size)

Same type of engine, much better crosser though. I think he could be our most valuable signing. Might be one of our most valuable players overall considering what's behind him on the depth chart.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Happy with this signing, he really impressed me in the Europa League.

Great to finally have some width on the left with a player who likes to get to the byline and not cut back inside. It has been a long time since we've had that and should make us much more balanced/less predictable. Plus he is capable of putting in some quality crosses, again something we've lacked.

Seems to handle pressure well too. He took an excellent penalty in the EL final.

I think he has become a bit overhyped as the summer has gone on but a really solid signing and one that brings a lot from a tactical point of view.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I think he has become a bit overhyped as the summer has gone on but a really solid signing and one that brings a lot from a tactical point of view.
My main worry for Kostic is that Italian football tektiks such as maintaining 1-0 at the 15th minute might be very hard for him to understand and adopt. I definitely see a small possibility of a Krasic scenario. Secondly while he is a great contributor in a functioning team he will quickly put his head down and give up if the game isn't going too well. This is also why JJ must not sign these basketball personalities like Depay or Paredes and sign leaders instead.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
My main worry for Kostic is that Italian football tektiks such as maintaining 1-0 at the 15th minute might be very hard for him to understand and adopt. I definitely see a small possibility of a Krasic scenario. Secondly while he is a great contributor in a functioning team he will quickly put his head down and give up if the game isn't going too well. This is also why JJ must not sign these basketball personalities like Depay or Paredes and sign leaders instead.
He doesn't seem like a player that wants to sit back and conserve energy, that's for sure. Hopefully the tactics don't ruin him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)