Fifa U20 Tournament in South America (3 Viewers)

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
This tournament is for national teams to qualified to the u20 world cup, and to the Olimpic Games in 2008.

Here in Uruguay everybody is following the games because there is a tradition of having really good youth teams and we enjoy a lot youth tournaments, even when this goes against the kids because they have a lot of pressure. I think this is the best under20 we have had since Zalayeta´s one which arrived second in the world cup in 97 loosing the final with cambiaso´s argentina.

I really dont know the other teams, but I have seen the polemic in Argentina around their under20 team, because guys like messi, gago and iguain are under 20 but their teams dont let them play the tournament.

If you can see Uruguay games, put an eye on Van der putten.

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
This tournament is for national teams to qualified to the u20 world cup, and to the Olimpic Games in 2008.

Here in Uruguay everybody is following the games because there is a tradition of having really good youth teams and we enjoy a lot youth tournaments, even when this goes against the kids because they have a lot of pressure. I think this is the best under20 we have had since Zalayeta´s one which arrived second in the world cup in 97 loosing the final with cambiaso´s argentina.

I really dont know the other teams, but I have seen the polemic in Argentina around their under20 team, because guys like messi, gago and iguain are under 20 but their teams dont let them play the tournament.

If you can see Uruguay games, put an eye on Van der putten.
Nice to hear that Uruguay has good youth team i really miss Uruguay in the world cup (i am talking about the adult team). Hopefully the youth team success plays into the senior team, for me if Uruguay are not in the world cup it seems a little less interesting.

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
malducato thank you for your words!

but sadly is not that easy!... if we have a good youth team they will be buy by europeans team... we are a little country and we dont have as much players as our neighbours argentina and brazil and is really hard to get them together in the 2 o 3 days we have to train before the qualification matches for the world cup.
That´s why people here is so much in with the youth teams like this under 20 even more than with the adults... It is like enjoying the players while we can...

It is really sad... but our football is so poor clubs must sell their best players when they are little boys to survive...

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
malducato thank you for your words!

but sadly is not that easy!... if we have a good youth team they will be buy by europeans team... we are a little country and we dont have as much players as our neighbours argentina and brazil and is really hard to get them together in the 2 o 3 days we have to train before the qualification matches for the world cup.
That´s why people here is so much in with the youth teams like this under 20 even more than with the adults... It is like enjoying the players while we can...

It is really sad... but our football is so poor clubs must sell their best players when they are little boys to survive...
Enzo Francescoli was pure class in River. I remember when I was in a Boca - River (I don't remember when it was) and he played awsome. He is one of the greatest players in the history of the uruguayan football.

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
Cavani is the one we are interested in, is he any good?
here there are rumours of juve being interested in Martin Caceres too.

He is seen as the " new montero". He is still young and have to grow as player and man to be ready to go to play in juve, and by the way in this country every young defender is " the new montero"....

However cavani and caceres ´ manager is Daniel Fonseca who used to play in juve for some seasons. Even when he doesnt play well and nobody really remember him he made some contacts being there that make me think he is going to make some deals with juve management in the future. ( and by contacts I mean REALLY BIG ONES)

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
here there are rumours of juve being interested in Martin Caceres too.

He is seen as the " new montero". He is still young and have to grow as player and man to be ready to go to play in juve, and by the way in this country every young defender is " the new montero"....

However cavani and caceres ´ manager is Daniel Fonseca who used to play in juve for some seasons. Even when he doesnt play well and nobody really remember him he made some contacts being there that make me think he is going to make some deals with juve management in the future. ( and by contacts I mean REALLY BIG ONES)
me gusta tu blog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)