FIFA take on the racists (1 Viewer)

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
How bout racist sections of fans get thrown Guantanmo for a week....plus a penalty kick and a fine...that would end it for sure...

Sep 28, 2002
venom said:
Nothing, which makes this whole "rule" completely useless. Just more court drama about who won and who should get the odd points etc.
so they shouldnt tackle the problem at all? is that what you're saying?

surely, racism much more widespread problem, but fifa and national federations can only do something about it in football stadiums. in fact i think what football authorities are doing has much greater effect in society compared to efforts of politicians etc.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Fliakis said:
so they shouldnt tackle the problem at all? is that what you're saying?
No, basically I'm just saying that this is a stupid way to fight it. Obviously clubs could do better when it comes to that "nazi memorabilia" in stadiums but they can't make crowd go mute. It just does not feel right if a club would e.g. get relegated because of a group of people which has no official ties with the club at all.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Byrone said:
indeed it is,but venom is right. i could just see how the roma & lazio ultras would want to screw their respective teams over.
I hate to say it, but Sepp's actually take a legitimate and, IMO, positive step on this one. The fact that flagrant displays of racism at this professional level are tolerated at all at matches in this day and age is outrageous.

And while football isn't going to change the evils of the world on the outside of the stadia, there's no reason why they should look the other way when it comes to such unacceptable behavior inside the stadia. And just the impact on the players is one thing. There's no reason any upstanding citizen of any race should have to sit next to and witness this kind of garbage and have nothing done about it.

Sure, there are going to be tifosi and ultras who try to "work the system". But for the referees have been in these leagues year after year, I don't think they're so ignorant as to fall for those kinds of tactics. Especially after incidents where fans spread rumors of children being run over by police vans in the parking lot and the like to disrupt matches.

The status quo to date has been to stick heads into the sand and pretend it isn't an issue and hope it goes away by itself. It's not. So it's about time FIFA stepped up and admitted they have a problem on their hands and need to find ways of addressing it.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
hambon said:
How bout racist sections of fans get thrown Guantanmo for a week....plus a penalty kick and a fine...that would end it for sure...
...or racist sections of fans at the stadia, penned off in their own separate cage, where Nick gets to sell piss balloons at 1 Euro a toss to benefit anti-racist causes. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)