FIFA Chief Opposes England WC Bid (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Fifa vice-president Jack Warner said he will campaign to prevent England hosting the 2018 World Cup.

"If the World Cup were to go to Europe, I'm quite sure, with the English luck as it is, they won't get it," Warner told BBC World Service.

"There are moves to give it to England. I must fight that.

"It will be Italy, Spain, or even France who will get the World Cup if it goes to Europe. Nobody in Europe likes England. England invented the sport but has never made any impact on world football."

It is believed Fifa president Sepp Blatter is set to end the World Cup rotation policy when the executive committee meet later in the year.

Warner, president of Concacaf, added that he would strive to bring the tournament to his region, which covers North and Central America and the Caribbean.

"I really don't believe that we should just lay down and play dead to anyone who wants to take the World Cup from Concacaf," he said.

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/fifa_chief_opposes_england_world_cup_bid_news_135858.html

YES! MY HERO! :howler:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2
    And Jack Warner is fucking goddamn right. 2018 is a designated North American World Cup year, so if England gets the bid I'm gonna fucking kill somebody.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    They guys right, everyone hates England.

I couldn't care less who gets the World Cup, so long as the games are on at sensible times, no 3am kick offs or anything.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
    May 27, 2007

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Well, after 40 years of futility, maybe hosting is the only charm they could ever hope for next.

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    A pot calling the kettle black...This is what this is, everybody in the inept association they call FIFA is playing for their own personal gain. One came up with the "rotation" system to land it in South Africa, the other rigged his whole country's tickets in WC 06.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    A pot calling the kettle black...This is what this is, everybody in the inept association they call FIFA is playing for their own personal gain. One came up with the "rotation" system to land it in South Africa, the other rigged his whole country's tickets in WC 06.
    While that's probably true, the man does have a point. The rotation system is fair and North America is supposed to host the World Cup in 2018. The lobbyists in England trying to make this happen have no right and I hope they all die.

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    While that's probably true, the man does have a point. The rotation system is fair and North America is supposed to host the World Cup in 2018. The lobbyists in England trying to make this happen have no right and I hope they all die.
    Ya it is fair, but Blatter came up with it soley to guarantee a South African WC, now he will abandon it. God knows how much personal gain he got out of that, and perhaps even more from the English....

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    Ya it is fair, but Blatter came up with it soley to guarantee a South African WC, now he will abandon it. God knows how much personal gain he got out of that, and perhaps even more from the English....
    The fact Blatter is pondering abandoning the rotation system is just humorous, but the man is truly an imbecile, so I'm not surprised. The rotation system is indeed fair as if it wasn't in place, there would be far more potential for FIFA lobbyists to get their way. Some of those same assholes got their way with the altitude ban, and if this bullshit occurs we'll have World Cups in countries with the greatest lobbyists.

And tell me Calcio is only corrupt in football..

Gobbaccio

Sep 1, 2007
    World Cups must exclusively be held in Europe and South/Central America. That is the only morally acceptable rotation that must take place. Africa and, just maybe, the Middle East, would deserve a shot every once in a while if they weren't in such shambles. Any feeble-minded attempt to export the World Cup to footballistically-impeded areas such as Far East Asia or North America is but a pissing exercise on Jules Rimet's grave.

For shame, Blabber, for shame!

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Belgium and the Netherlands are preparing to launch a bid on the 2018 WC. They already organized the EURO2000 together, and will now try to host the biggest sporting event.

Where is 2014 to be played?

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
    World Cups must exclusively be held in Europe and South/Central America. That is the only morally acceptable rotation that must take place. Africa and, just maybe, the Middle East, would deserve a shot every once in a while if they weren't in such shambles. Any feeble-minded attempt to export the World Cup to footballistically-impeded areas such as Far East Asia or North America is but a pissing exercise on Jules Rimet's grave.

For shame, Blabber, for shame!

fyi far east asia is where the all the dough is mate , no continent has a god given right to host the World Cup , it should be rotated as such

Gobbaccio

Sep 1, 2007
    Yes we do. It's always been that way and must remain so. Keep the dough and pick some gigantic trailer park in Alabama or booming quasi-state in the Pacific where to hold your own sino-ostralo-Amerikan Cup then.

Brazil for WC 2014 and England for WC 2018, all the way. They want it, they need it, they deserve it, they know how it's done and what it means. Then Argentina, then Spain, then finally Colombia after the missed 1986 bid, then the Benelux countries, and so on and so forth, ad infinitum. Soon enough the 1994and 2002 editions will be remembered as mere pimples on the arse of football history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)